Razor Wire Borders with Towers and Flags In Hills

Pounder

Phaethon was here
After many attempts at the Barbed Wire/Razor Wire borders, I final got something that may be acceptable.

The palette was a nightmare, it is read differently in the editor than it is in the game. Note: This shows up fine in the game, but will not show the proper colours in the editor (it was the opposite is earlier attempts).

1)There are towers and flags marked with the civ colours in the hills and mountains.

2)The wire reflects the colour of the terrain, so it looks different in the water than it does on land and will look different in the desert than it does on grass.

3)There is some curve to the border and there are spaces so the border is not 100% closed, as no border is 100% closed.

I figure they might be useful in a more modern scenario.

Goes in:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Terrain

Don't forget to backup your original.

Attachments

• territory.pcx
    11.1 KB · Views: 691
indeed very cool... perhaps to futher realism you could remove any colouring?

Also, wheres the wooden stockade version for achient(argh having a spelling spaz out) scenarios ;) hehe

Great Work!

The 'border' running over the coast/sea tiles looks a bit wierd, but then the Germans did build their defenses against an allied invasion (WWII) deep into the French beaches, causing the sea to cover them at high tide. (Which kinda defeated the whole purpose of the defenses when the allies came in at low tide anyway..)

Anywho, very impressive. =^^=

slozenger said:
indeed very cool... perhaps to futher realism you could remove any colouring?

Also, wheres the wooden stockade version for achient(argh having a spelling spaz out) scenarios ;) hehe

I am considering doing a few versions now that I am starting to figure out the palette.

It was a real challenge to get the right colours, this is what the file looks like to get the Razor Wire posted. It is not just inverted colours either, black is green :crazyeye: , pink is black :crazyeye: , white is green :crazyeye: , what a mess :rolleyes: . :crazyeye:

Along with the modified forts w/ barricades in indust/modern eras, would make for some 'user unfrendly' borders...

..the question then is: Communism or Facisim? =^^=

In fact, this would go excellent with the Barbarrosa scenario that's DL...

Hope it all works out..

I'm sure these will find use in a lot of scenarios = very useful. Great work!

love your first playings with the stockade... personally i really like the green version, mostly because is most looks like a natural stockade and not a coloured border. Is it possible to have them all natural coloured rath than their civ specific colours?

or, jus have the flags on the towers a civspecific?

Keep up the good work! :grins:

slozenger said:
love your first playings with the stockade... personally i really like the green version, mostly because is most looks like a natural stockade and not a coloured border. Is it possible to have them all natural coloured rath than their civ specific colours?

or, jus have the flags on the towers a civspecific?

Keep up the good work! :grins:

I've being thinking the same thing, too much civ colours. I'll be posting them on a new thread shortly.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

As much as I love this idea I was looking for a razor wire barbed fence on top of the stockade, a good vision would be replacing the wired Xs’ with the towers.

Nice touch though :goodjob:

Yes, I like that, would it work with vanilla?

Top Bottom