1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RB Message Diplomacy Poll

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by SilentConfusion, Feb 15, 2013.

?

Which message should we send?

1. Option A

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Option B

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Option C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Option D

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

Option A:
    Option B:
    Option C:
    Option D: None of these. If you choose none of these please say why.

2. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Abstention. I don't know that I know the difference enough to pass judgment.

3. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I abstain (voted D). I think Caledorn as ambassador to RB has final say over the messages we send to them, so I leave it up to him.

4. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

I'm OK with Caledorn deciding. I just heard people question whether there should be a poll on this.

5. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I also am OK with Caledorn deciding and sending whenever he is ready.

As a seperate issue... In general, I am in favor of what I believe is our current Team policy which is the Chief Diplomat having final say over our messages including the authority to use his judgment to resolve any controversies, without the need for a poll or vote on the matter.

6. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Yeah. Polls are great and all, but this is a fine example of when speed overrules democracy. We had to set back settling for a turn over this, for Pete's sake.

7. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I vote D. We should ask for stone and spices but I don't think we should offer wines or anything else. They just planted a provocative city, we should see how they respond to a request for something without offering anything in return.

8. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I will go and vote D too. Now I was in the game and I saw that RB have excess diamonds too. I would like we to have Stone and Spices as reparation for the isthmus city and then we promise them to trade wines for gems as long strategic partners.

9. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

I voted A. Its worth a shot. Besides I like that we will seem friendly until we are ready to make an attack. Being angry with about the stolen city does us no good.

10. whb

whb King

I'm getting tired of us waiting for permission from RB to play our game. We should not have a settler sitting idle waiting on RB's feelings.

Voted D. None of the above. Just send something short accepting the NAP, no flummery, no "of course we'll give you the wines" as if our resources were RB's by right, certainly nothing limiting our use of the stone to 70 turns as if that were a trade-off for the city loc.

And get on with settling the city.

11. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I actually modified that "of course we'll give you the wines" in my rewrite of the draft to say that we will be willing to make a deal with them for wine when we have the tiles worked. I also thought that stating that we would happily give them wine was a bad idea, as I feel it would lead them to believe that we would give them the wine back as a payment for the spice/stone. I believe we should use that wine as a bargain card to trade another luxury resource from them, like the gems that 2metraninja mentioned they have 1 in excess of now.