RB11 - Gandhi, the silent aggressor

Awesome tactics so far. With the variants you've chosen, looks like it will tough to create specialized cities, at least in the beginning.

Muf, question about your posting. Are you doing the color coded comments or do you have a logging program of some sort? That really makes the reading easy for us lurkers.

preturn:

ok finances... well city maint and distance are the cause of our money problems.,
delhi is minus 2 from the whip and due to grow in 8 so representation it is... save 2 gold on the civics and happy floods in.

MM dehli to grow in 7.

ok not a ton to do preturn.. towns don;t have enough population to cover their special resources let alone have mm room.

lots of galleys floating around, time we got a navy going as well.

ghegis as 2 chariots at antium, not much to do there... we will lose it for a turn.

IBT: Flippin Jack (0.7) defeats Ghengis Combat 2 chariot
Karl Kool loses to (4.0) Ghenghis chariot..
Cumbo (5.0) defeats barb archer.

[1]360 AD
well there's a combat 1 full health chariot next to antium and we got a .7 health archer... help is 2 turns away....
Delhi completes library goes for archer in 4.

Our city maintnence just took a spike -8 gold a turn now.

the worker army decents upon bangalore.. and starts roading to illinois

moving troops back... axe will contimue to harras rome but the rest of the axes will head back to home.

illinois as an ugly situation will wait it out.

ok antium falls soon. will retake it.

IBT
Antium falls. =/
Archers attack illiois and we beat both, barb axe though takes out Morkhai.

[2]370 AD

Collosus builds in bombay AND WHAM -1 one gold a turn now from -8, Archer in 1 well we lost antiums maint costs as well lol. very good wonder for us.

bonko promotes medic one and slurps up free exp on the damaged barb axe... illinois is safe... for now.

Will take back antium... annoying delay.

Going to spam a bunch of archers to hold these towns.

rome had an archer leave town arkos owns it.

there's a ton of fog in the west, going to plunk curious george back down there to perma fog bust again.

[3]380 AD
Sailing comes in go, monotheism for theo. Math is good too for hanging gardens and pults.

Bombay builds archer goes archer... archer promotes city garrison and hunkers in bombay, george goes SW for fog duty.

Oh and antium is ours again... to answer the question, no, 1 pop towns are not razed when captured.

That barb town in SW is following the dot plan btw... good barbs.

gonna lose our fish to that nappy galley, not much can be done.

[4]390 AD

Nother archer leaves rome and gets OWNED. no idea why rome is sending out archers in singles.

promote spear in antium to medic will send rome pos squad north to heal and protect antium.

[5]400 AD
Delhi pops slippin rappa aims for another archer...

Bombay finished archer goes for library in 8 turns.

BTW illinois is not hooked up to trade since that barb town in SW blocks coast. trying to road on over there.

Our fish were pillaged btw and nappy camps it.

[6]410 AD

uh yawn? YAY.

[7]420 AD
Great profit is born and points to monotheism... we need the research desperately but the tech it points to is due in 7ish turns, going to just let it sleep.

going to 40% research soon =/

[8]430 AD

ug a killer stack of Alex's just before I manage to sentry the hills...

IBT: WOW

supah owns the chariot and the combat 3 archer and lives to promote cover!!!!!!!!

[9]440 AD
Supah hunts those archers down like the pigs they are. THEN THERE WAS ONE... what an effing pimp.
Cumbo spots a barb archer in SW and OWNS it...

lots of crap coming our way... simply not safe to leave a skell crew on our border towns. if not for pimp single handedly taking out that alex task force, we'd have lost illionis.

IBT: cor a barb archer took out cumbo...

[10]450 AD

mini capac task force to the north at antium..
illinois is finally roaded!!!!

bangalor needs help now, it only has one archer defending it.. wasn;t expecting cumbo to die =/

3 turns on mono, grab theo with great profit, I took him off sleep to remind you he exists rat.

south needs cleanup in asile 5.

well kept our towns and boosted defenses alot... in retro should have made a lighthouse in bombay but to be honest it's not time critical considering it's low population.

Bangalore has it's gems worked and cleared... need to secure south before really cleaning that location up.

barb town is working it's tiles lol so less work for us coming down the line.

editing in the screens..

and expermenting with color... need to learn how the heck that auto logger works. will shamelessly rip off muf's style eventually!!!

ug never got a screen of barb town.. will post that.

dawn said:
Muf, question about your posting. Are you doing the color coded comments or do you have a logging program of some sort? That really makes the reading easy for us lurkers.

Actually, it's both! :D
You see, what I do is this....
I play each turn, and everytime something happens I make a note of it using "notepad". I tend to color code items, just to make them pop out for my team to pick up on when reading through my turnlog.

However, I also use the autolog mod, to keep track of battles. My last SG, there were so many attacks going on, I couldn't keep up.

I'm glad that Lurkers, such as yourself, enjoy the little extra time I take to post my turnlogs. While I intend to make it easy to read for my team, I also include enough screenshots to give the reader a good view of the "flow" of the game as well.

I'm flattered that you appreciate the effort, and hope you continue to enjoy yourself by keeping up to date on the SG's progress.
(Now I'm off to finish reading what Liq has done to the empire. heh heh) :lol:

ugly defensive turn. finanaces are taking a swing up though.

oh and just to complain...
Barbarian's Archer (3.00) vs RB-11's Cumbo Bobano (Axeman) (4.02)
Combat Odds: 27.2%
(Extra Combat: +10%)
(Barbarian Combat: +5%)
RB-11's Cumbo Bobano (Axeman) is hit for 14 (56/100HP)
RB-11's Cumbo Bobano (Axeman) is hit for 14 (42/100HP)
RB-11's Cumbo Bobano (Axeman) is hit for 14 (28/100HP)
RB-11's Cumbo Bobano (Axeman) is hit for 14 (14/100HP)
Barbarian's Archer is hit for 27 (73/100HP)
RB-11's Cumbo Bobano (Axeman) is hit for 14 (0/100HP)
Barbarian's Archer has defeated RB-11's Cumbo Bobano (Axeman)!
While defending, your Cumbo Bobano was destroyed by a Barbarian Archer!

need to lay off the whip BTW =/

Turn Order:
Soul oWAR
Mike Lemmer
Luv_Muffin -- finished with flying colors
Liquidated -- Treaded water
ThERat -- NOW!

Cheers!
-Liq

save

Pre-Turn
defense looks semi solid
Bombay can grow, switch off the avoid growth button
Madras has that button on as well when is has 9happy versus 4 unhappy :sad:
that's the great danger of avoid growth in an SG, people tend to forget

we are now at even finance at 50% science not too bad

IT archer attacks Illinois and loses against our axe but another axe steps up [1-0]

1.460AD
Delhi finished archer and goes for galley
we will be assaulted by axe at Illinois, but have an archer there
prepare for the attack at Antium as well

IT yes, axe loses against our archer at Illinois [2-0]

2. 470AD
our income jumped up and we can run at 60% science at no deficit, we might want to take out that barb town in the south
Antium has an axe and spear in front and a galley with 2 more axes coming
swap it to walls

IT lose archer against axe at Antium [2-1]
we get monotheism

3. 480AD
the Great prophet gets us Theology and Bangalore is the home of Christianity
we can opt for organized religion or theocracy, go for the latter for now for added exp points

set research to maths in 13, our odds are too bad at Antium, need to play defense

IT we get 4 attacks, only 1 axes succeeds and 2 axes + spear lose at Antium, nothing pillage as well [5-2]

4. 490AD
finish off that last axe easily [6-2]
swap Madras to forge for now, we have 2 science beakers there, a library doesn't really benefit us there

5. 500AD
Khan send a chariot right on the doorstep of Antium, a spear takes care of him [7-2]
Delhi finished galley and goes for work boat

6. 510AD
gold is connected for added happiness
axe steps next to Delphi to pillage some

IT :gripe: we lose an archer I pulled out of Madras to prevent the cow to be pilaged by archer [7-3]

7. 520AD
pillage pasture at Delphi that helps us continue to run at 60% science

8. 530AD
thats archer pillage the cow though wounded
Delhi get a work boat and starts axe, we need more defense at Madras and want to take on that barb town eventually
take out pillager archer with axe [8-3]

set Delhi to growth, Illinois now has cow pasture and will be a great city later on
it finshed walls already

9. 540AD
from south of Illinois a Greek chariot and spear appear
a Mongol galley is next to our galley at the fish we work

Bombay finished granary and goes for lighthouse

IT our galley defeats Mongol galley but there are 2 more coming from the north [9-3]

10. 550AD
Delhi will finish axe in 1, better go for galley again to fight them off

maths due in 8, go for construction next I suggest

Please DON'T whip cities again unless absolutely necessary, it takes ages to gain the pop back and this hurts much more

2 Mongol galleys and 1 axe

the south and a scouting axe in the east

btw the only way we can make money is via pillaging which we should

ThERat said:
Please DON'T whip cities again unless absolutely necessary, it takes ages to gain the pop back and this hurts much more
The city won't grow if you feed your people hammers. :crazyeye:
Delphi and Madras are stunted because we have our people working hammers, instead of having them work food/coin tiles. You did say that my expansionist turn was going to kill us because of the money, right? Um, why not work the food/coin tiles then, especially when I posted twice that I whipped the city! There is no reason for it to be size 5 still, 20 turns later, unless you worked at preventing it from growing.

That's okay, Rat. I just can't please you. :lol:

well, there is always a balance of hammers versus growth. I always try and go for growth before shields.
However with the fish pillaged it's a little tough to grow when it also doesn't even have a granary.

It is now at pop 6 again, but will take a while to get to pop 7. I had to emphasize hammers as well to build a galley and workboat to get it to grow again. Besides, this is AW and we need to churn out units as well.

Madras has been working max food for my whole turnset but when the cows get pillaged that's also a little tough. Madras and Bombay didn't grow because someone activated the avoid growth button by the way which I switched off immediately.

This has nothing to do with pleasing someone or not.

edit: being the pendatic me :lol:, I check the save after your turnset and Bombay/Madras have the avoid growth activated when both are below the happy limit. As stated before this can really stint a game as in SG the next player won't even realise that and in this game it's a crucial error which we can't afford.

ThERat said:
edit: being the pendatic me :lol:, I check the save after your turnset and Bombay/Madras have the avoid growth activated when both are below the happy limit.
Whoa! Cheap shot! :lol:
I resent the accusation, and if you would have bothered to check other save games, you'd know who turned on the avoid growth. If I did make a mistake, fine, point it out to me. But when I haven't made the mistake you suggest I did, then get off my case.

lurker's comment:
@Luv_Muffin - I want to know who is the model for your avatar. ;)

Nice, I guess :p

Ok popped to see when my turn would be but to say that mike take the turn please.. I won't be able to play before friday.

Keep it going.. the barbarian city would be a priority after our defense...

Who told galley isn't usefull we shoudl have build them long ago....

So IT'S MIKE LEMMAR TURN.

my bad for not checking avoid growth. I was distracted by the oncoming hordes of lesser races =/

We really should take out the barb town, it's a kick ass city site and will secure our flank.

As for the constant sea raiding, we need at least 4 galleys about to guard our costal borders. more would be welcome.

As for civic change, the whip required we boost happiness, hence representation. Not the best civic for us but had no choice at the time.

Thank you for dealing with theology rat... I tried to stress my plan for the GP but well, things get lost in the suffle too easily.

As for tech, I like math and then construction as well.

we really want hanging gardens btw, we will be health limited the next 100 turns and that's a nice boost. 300 hammers but we have stone and industious making it a dealio.

please start gardens as soon as math finishes.

Turn Order:
Soul oWAR - OUT til Friday
Mike Lemmer - up now
Luv_Muffin -- needs to find new smilies.
Liquidated -- passes the blame on avoid growth to muff
ThERat -- just finished berating muf :D

Cheers!
-Liq

no one said galleys weren;t useful soul... just that sailing came up at my turn and well I was too busy trying to keep the cities we own.....:dubious:

Cheers!
-Liq

Lucker: How did you get the nice orange interface look instead of the not so nice blue?

@ruff

I use CivScale which comes with the blue marble mod pack...

the 1.52 patch version allows you to change UI color. Since I play windowed mode w/ multi monitors, the blue really clashes with my desktop.

the color you see in my screens is
Custom
red:200
green:150
blue:25

BG opacity is one notch under 256.

Subject to change to a warmer hue.

Cheers!
-Liq

no need to go ballistic over those small issues. I am not trying to pinpoint people, we all play to our best (I am sure). The more discussion we have the merrier.

But, I still think whipping is a bad idea at the moment, maybe a high growth low shield town, yes, but not our capital.

Great game, guys!!:goodjob: I love war!

If it weren't for these games and screenshots posted on civfanatics, I would go almost crazy, because I can't run Civ4 until March, when I get a new computer!

Of course, all these screenshots and all probably just whet my appetite, and drive me even crazier. :rolleyes:

I love reading these :) :D :scan: :lol:

Session 4b: Fighting off the Hordes

The attacks continue streaming in. I spend a little time rearranging the forces before I get to work. Banglaore has plenty of improvements for now, so I send a pair of workers northeast, first to reconnect the cows, then to mine the gold by Antium.

Then the attacks begin.

I wipe out the puny attacks against Illinois & Antium, no problem, while our Axeman scout delves deeper into Huayna's territory & pillages a mine in the process.

Then I see the vikings.

Eep! I withdraw all of Antium's forces back into the city. Delhi & Bombay are producing galleys to prevent this in the future, but for now I can only hold my ground.

The first attack is soundly defeated, and I send the melee out to kill the pillage squad.

Mathematics is learned. I research Construction next for Catapults.

Meanwhile, I now have 3 galleys. I post one as the fish sentry and send the other two out to blast Khan's blockade. I plant them next to his ships. Sure enough, Khan takes the bait.

Both of his ships crumple while my galleys are still at half strength. I move them into our territory and have them rest within 2 turns of Khan's other ship. (Note to next player: Move those galleys back if Khan advances towards them.)

Then I see Huayna's attack force heading for Madras. I move whatever units I can spare towards it and prepare to defend.

A look at the Eastern Front. Madras could use a few more units to ensure it stays up; we need:
-Spearmen (Khan is cooking up a Keshik strike, I can smell it.)
-Axemen w/ Melee promotions (Our current City Raiders are useless against Combat II Axemen.)
-Two more galleys.

Illinois could also use an extra defender or two (Archer/Spearman); it's too far away from our cities to get reinforcements in time.

We should also be careful of which cities we conquer now. Neapolis is a trash city made to poison our economy; keep it hassled, but don't conquer it. Rome should be our next target after we fight off these insects & build catapults. Just SW of Delhi would be the best place to settle right now (if we have time).

I do not like this No Razing rule. Either we leave the scattered remains of our enemies around or we blast our economy to smithereens.

Finally, we need Missionaries. Our border cities lack the Theocracy bonus & extra happiness, and we could use the extra coins. Build a Monastery or temporarily switch to Organized Religion, just get them converted!

Make us proud, Luv_Muffin.

looks like a solid set of turns, good call on galleys and defense.

I agree with your analysis to not conquer cities for now. The no raze is killing us. We might want to pillage only to gain some money. Of course, for now we need to stay on the defense. Besides that new suggested town, the barb town further down southwest is a good city. But we can't afford too many cities for now.

Top Bottom