RB13 - Collateral Carnage

A question: Tanks with barrage promotion are valid attackers, yes?

Also, did you attack Shandong with a marine? I don't think you can do that...

:nono:

The rules we've been following are:

1. If there is more than 1 unit in a target land stack, only units that do natural collateral damage can attack. This means barrage tanks aren't ok. (However, anything goes in naval combat.)

2. If there is only 1 unit in target "stack", anything can attack. That's why we've been using regular units to finish off final defenders in cities.

Zeviz said:
2. If there is only 1 unit in target "stack", anything can attack. That's why we've been using regular units to finish off final defenders in cities.

LOL. I don't think I ever realized that. Don't I feel stupid....

All I had to do was press next turn once, and the game was over:

Great game guys - It's been nearly 8 months since we've started and I've enjoyed every minute.

Hi,

I'm very glad that we managed to finish this game! We had a very challenging starting spot, but managed to claw out of the hole quite nicely, despite (or because?) of the variant rules. This had been one of the more challenging Monarch game I've had!

The variant rules worked as I had hoped: I've learned a lot about the power of siege unit and by now use them more than before, not only for bombarding stuff, but also for attacking offensively. And that I've finally used nukes was a bonus, too. :D

We had some great discussion going on, and I had a lot of fun playing this one. Thanks guys for sticking this out with me! :goodjob:

-Kylearan

Snaproll said:
All I had to do was press next turn once, and the game was over

Cool!

Now what would really suck is if you are saying that on Turn One of a game. :eek: :lol:

- Sirian

Snaproll said:
All I had to do was press next turn once, and the game was over:
:blush: Sorry about that; guess I forced a bit of an anti-climax on you.

The game was great fun as well as being very instructive and it's been a blast playing with you guys.

So, everyone up for the "no collateral damage" variant? ;)

First, a huge thank you to Kylearan for keeping the game going for 8 months. Do we get the prize for the longest-running SG that managed to finish? :)

The game was very fun and I've learned a lot about warfare.
Dreylin said:
So, everyone up for the "no collateral damage" variant? ;)
Sure. Our usual 4 days "got it", 10 days to play rule will apply, right? :)

Top Bottom