RB14: Cutting Edge

Nice to see your back. I got it, I cant play tommorow, but ill have the turns played by thursday evening.

With teh war with Napoleon over, it seems as if im stuck with the task of rebuilding and getting our army together to hopefully take napoleon out with our next attack ;) .

With that said, it seems as if we are heading towards rifling and our next upgrading phase. Research is at 50%, which will pile up a good amount of gold once rifling comes in. I concentrated on building maceman in my turnset for those damn strong city raider rifleman.

Huayana is making good work of Gandhi, this isnt really great news for us as Huayana is already the 2nd strongest AI. He captured 2 cities in my turnset.

Huayana asks me to declare on gandhi in 1615, I say what the heck and declare for another phony war. :crazyeye:

And thats about all that happened in my turnset, not really much action going around. Rifling is due in 1 turn, we have around 4200 Gold piled up, which should be enough for most of our army. Our army is big enough to take napoleon in our next war, all we need is some catupults, so I would suggest making 1 wave of catupults and declare war on nap. We need that land quickly so we can get far ahead of Huayana. Right now, Diplomatic and Space Race victory seem to be the best options.

The save...

Cool... Huyana is definitely a good ally!

We shouldn't have much of problem vs. Napoleon. Last I check, he didn't have that good of guys. Anyway don't forget about Cavalry. They're better than rifles, and can absolutely slaughter them.

Also, we have to upgrade all LB's to rifles, too. And all x-bows. And all spears. And all... well, we have to upgrade EVERYTHING!

But it should be good.

Take it to the French, Mike!

P.S. As for victory I think that space would be the most roleplaying-ish. BUT if we can for domination, I think we could. Just leave it to be us and Huyana at the end. Honestly, how many Monarch dom. victories do you have?

Zalson said:
P.S. As for victory I think that space would be the most roleplaying-ish. BUT if we can for domination, I think we could. Just leave it to be us and Huyana at the end. Honestly, how many Monarch dom. victories do you have?

I havent really tried domination so far so I dont know how good of a position we are currently in to go for a domination victory. ;)

:bump:
I havent really tried domination so far so I dont know how good of a position we are currently in to go for a domination victory.

Then all the more reason to go for a domination victory... although I don't particulary like backstabbing; especially as G. Wash.

With our variant rules, we could shoot ourselves in the foot by going for Domination. Imagine all the forces we would need to take out one of the other civilizations. Now imagine how much money it would take to upgrade all of them. I wouldn't suggest it unless you can take them out with a lean, mean fighting machine.

I'll have to skip this turn, BTW. Finals projects are due.

Hmmm... I guess you're right... I'll take this, then, but I probably won't be able to play until tomorrow night. And that is, assuming I can get my SP game to actually win itself.

Btw- how do you have finals in April? I am at once bemused and befuddled. That might just be from exhaustion, though.

I have finals in a few weeks :(. I have a few term papers due also so ive had to cut down on my civ time recently.

Ok, then I'll play in... well, whenever I can.

I will play... oh, tonight!

Ok, playing now.

Ok... I load up the game and to what do my wondering eyes appear but a sign at the top that says:

"Rifling (1)"

Um, yikes. We have 4 k gold, which is definitely enough for our macemen. I hit enter, catapulting the American civilization into the Rifling age.

A little before, and after.

Before:

and after the enter, and hitting alt on the little rifle button for both LB's and Maces:

I finally finished upgrading in 1645

Pretty much, that was about it for this turnset. We got a great artist in 1640, in the middle of the "turn the science down to zero" phase. I built a settler at Purple Dot, and settled Atlanta in the north. The settler and G.A. are currently sleeping with some troops in Lyons.

We should declare once we have several cannons, and then steamroll Nappy. Build New Paris on the old cities ruins, and then CB one of the border cities to prevent Victoria from poaching our territory.

I set research on Steel, which we should get soon. once we get steel, build some cannons. And don't forget about the one catapult we have. Upgrade that too.

Also, be careful. Do not get Constitution and Democracy until we have to... switching out of Hereditary Rule will drop us from +13 and friendly with Huyana to +8, and probably pleased. Since Huyana will most likely win this game, I propose we stay cuddled up to him... Then, once we get fascism, we get him in a PA (go to defensive pact after we declare on Nappy). From there, it should be smooth sailing.

Why do I propose this? I really don't want to have spies running around in our best friends backyard, trying to keep him from launching. It'd be better if we got together with him, and soon. This will guarantee our victory; plus, I've never had a PA before. It should be fine.

Anyway, http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/RB_14-Cutting_Edge_AD-1675.Civ4SavedGame

Dont Permanant alliances have to be enabled in game settings for one to happen? Or do you mean Defensive Pact.

Anyways, I got it, but I have another another SG which I gotta play first, so ill have this report up on sunday evening or monday.

Nah, that's just for at the beginning of the game. They're accessible after Fascism.

:bump: seriously... it's already another month!

Hello? Am I the only one remaining?

Top Bottom