RB18: Romanus eunt domus!

On the other side, some members of this commitee might be distracted by the upcoming worldcup.

If our glorious german team survives the preliminary round, that is. I don't think so - a quick glance at the roster will persuade anyone that Quarterfinals are an ambitous goal for that team - too ambitious...

mostly-harmless said:
Since we are playing Fred ,aehm, Reg, there can never be enough Germans in the roster. On the other side, some members of this commitee might be distracted by the upcoming worldcup.
Or its attendent prostitutes ~ IMHO!! (or is it I'm a Ho?)

3220BC inherited turn, turn 1:
I love the scouting of the beasts. I also renamed our units, as we are all individuals.
Let me introduce:
Matthias (right, obviously!), the housekeeper of the PFJ headquarter is to stay at home because of his bad eyes and such.

Loretta the light footed, bare-chested (got to zoom in really close) scout

and finally Francis (2nd from the right), who was idling in the PFJ headquarters.

Since there are no dangers around and we are kind of masters of the beasts I set Francis on a task to spy out our immediate neighbors in the east.
We also have heard rumors on the whereabouts of the bloody Romans. They are hiding in the north west.

3190BC turn 2:
Puzzling over the next steps to take….

3160BC turn 3:
Francis is clubbing to mash the scout of Genghis the splitter. Celebrating his victory Francis then stumbles over the dead body of the poor scout and hits his head on his own club. Slightly injured (1.4/2) but enriched with experience (2/2XP) he continues his way east.

3130BCturn 4:
Loretta approaches the Roman borders and spots a warrior. Bloody Romans.

3100BCturn 5:
“Loretta! Run away, run away!”

Also there is a Roman warrior moving to our west. Undocumented, but believe me, he’s there!

3070BC turn 6:
nothing really

3040BC turn 7:
There is a Greek scout on our doorstep and Matthias moves out to scare him away.

3010BC turn 8:
Since nothing else is there to do and I want to be seen as proactive, I order Francis back to the HQ.

2980BC turn 9:
Some of our followers are now calling themselves Hindus. I decide to ignore them as we are researching Masonry next on our way to Monotheism and a turn of unguided anarchic behavior ((nice one)) will loose our movement beakers!
Matthias slaughtered that Greek scout and is heavily wounded.

His bones are more fragile than Francis’ after all. Meanwhile Loretta, guided by the never failing female instinct for spotting jewels, discovers a source of silver, which the Romans are busily exploiting. Or at least they are scraping what they can find off the ground. No mining holes dug up yet.

2950BC turn 10:
Loretta moves onto one of the famous hills Rome was founded upon and has a fairly good idea about their starting position.

Also the cultural borders of our HQ grow, which has no immediate effects.

2920BC turn 11:
Loretta ante portas. We need to get an warrior up there pronto. The silver hills will be a good defending spot, with being across the river from Rome.

2890BC turn 12:
I was puzzled by the map info Loretta revealed before, saying that the river near Rome actually ends in a fresh water sea, hence providing Rome with health. Now it turns out Loretta was right. There is some sort of isthmus dividing that Roman lake from the salty northern ocean.

Lucky, lucky bastards.

2860BC turn 13:
Looks like ex-brother Mansa sends a harassment squad against our HQ
Francis will be in place to defend it properly.

2830BC turn 14:
Some brothers, …and sisters, have formed a working group. Great, we need doers in our movement. Being the wise leader that I am, I send them out to catch those beavers. I also ordered the training of another warrior.

2800BC turn 15 and also the last turn of Mostly-Harmless’ first term, since he decided that the growing size of the leading committee allows for shorter cycles.
Here is the situation. A third warrior is trained in the HQ. I suggest to send out Francis to observe Rome from that silvery hill once the third warrior finishes. I left the promotion for Francis and Matthias open for now, as I want the movement to discuss this. I suggest to hold the promo unless we are sure what we need. If there is still forest on that silvery hill, Francis will become a Woodsman, of course. I queued up Stonehenge, for getting a prophet for the shrine, since Brian is bloody useless. At Prince we should be able to get it. Maybe a chop or two and get a mine up.
Loretta should undergo surgery again if we are going to hit any unit maintenance limits, as the beasts are good enough scouts. If she is allowed to stay a woman (otherwise name a unit Stan next) she should have an eye on the bloody Romans, which btw. lead the score.
I did not do anything on the diplo front, as brother, … or sister, Dreylin’s statement could only be perceived as a clear and unmistakable “maybe”.

·Imhotep· said:
If our glorious german team survives the preliminary round, that is. I don't think so - a quick glance at the roster will persuade anyone that Quarterfinals are an ambitous goal for that team - too ambitious...

Well, that's good news for the English who are virtually guaranteed to meet the Germans in the first elimination match (we all secretly know it'll happen). Of course despite how badly Germany have played up to that point, and how well we've been performing; we'll probably then find some way of losing embarrassingly.... :rolleyes:

Dreylin said:
Well, that's good news for the English who are virtually guaranteed to meet the Germans in the first elimination match (we all secretly know it'll happen). Of course despite how badly Germany have played up to that point, and how well we've been performing; we'll probably then find some way of losing embarrassingly.... :rolleyes:

Good God, man (or woman)! You're from Dallas! Football in Dallas starts with a big fat capital C and has a star in the middle! SPLITTER!

PS: Can't stand the Cowboys, but they'll sure beat up those Arsenal or MU pansies any day of the week!

Edit: Okay, shouldn't have said "pansies". I'm certain every single one of them could wipe my ass off the floor and not even spill his beer. But still, Dallas....Euroball? :cry:

It is with great joy that I read about the mighty exploits of the PFJ and our attempts to convert the heathen beavers.

As for those that wear silly hats with feathers in them. Surely wearing silly hats is a sign of their willingness to see the light and follow the true path and unburden themselves from the shackles of opression. However, if they become unholy splitters:hammer:

Rex Tyrannus said:
Good God, man (or woman)! You're from Dallas! Football in Dallas starts with a big fat capital C and has a star in the middle! SPLITTER!

PS: Can't stand the Cowboys, but they'll sure beat up those Arsenal or MU pansies any day of the week!

Edit: Okay, shouldn't have said "pansies". I'm certain every single one of them could wipe my ass off the floor and not even spill his beer. But still, Dallas....Euroball? :cry:

Don't you oppress lovers of the true beautiful game of football. Anyway, don't know why you're talking about Germany and England when its very obvious the Aussies are going to win!!! Aren't they????

It is with even greater joy I read about the further exploits of the PFJ. Those bloody Romans look like they are in prime position for a bit of axe persuasion fairly soon.

Got the save, will play and post tonight (about to head to work now). In the meantime, let the membership of the smacky smacky Roman committee discuss a draft preliminary plan.

Rex Tyrannus said:
Good God, man (or woman)! You're from Dallas!
Nope, I just live here. I'm a full-blooded Brit/Limey/Pom, who just happens to be stuck here at the moment. Jehovah it's hot!

Not much of a Football fan myself (either type), but one has to support the old country against the Hun! :p

Anyway, there's only room for one sport in Dallas at the moment ... and I have even less interest in that. :eek:

At least there's Baseball.

Ozbenno said:
Don't you oppress lovers of the true beautiful game of football. Anyway, don't know why you're talking about Germany and England when its very obvious the Aussies are going to win!!! Aren't they????
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Funny.

*The owner of this post would like to point out that the opinions espressed herein bear no resemblance to any balanced or rational thought whatsoever and should be discarded accordingly.

Dreylin said:
Not much of a Football fan myself (either type), but one has to support the old country against the Hun! :p
personally, i prefer the Boches as a nickname (no offense, timmy!)

pholkhero said:
personally, i prefer the Boches as a nickname (no offense, timmy!)

No offense Timmy? While you're at it, you might also want to "no offense" Mostly Harmless and half our lurkers (Kylearan's German, right?). Oh, and since it would seem that Boche also refers to people of German decent, you owe me one, too. :gripe:

Hmm, say something bad about people of German decent in a Texas bar and you've got a free-for-all on your hands. :eek:

don't get your steins tangled, my phine pheathered phriends ~

ya'll talk too much :p

pholkhero said:
don't get your steins tangled, my phine pheathered phriends ~

ya'll talk too much :p

It is through talk brothers (and sisters) that we can truly enhance the soul and strengthen the body. Without talk there is but oppression (well silence too I suppose but that's not important) and the if the PFJ stand for anything it is to fight (when we don't have bad backs) oppression, especially those ROMAN BASTARDS WHO ARE GOING TO GET SOME AXES IN THEIR HEATHEN HEADS VERY SOON:ar15:

(Take a deep breath now). OK, how many turns am I up for?

EDIT: Took the tedious step of actually reading the previously posted turn lengths (20) but also noticed that Brother Mostly Harmless (or is that Mostly Harmless Brother:crazyeye: ) reduced his turns to 15, so will do the same.

Will the congregation please be upstanding for a reading from the First Book of Ozbenno, the holy(ish) book detailing the struggles of the Chosen People between the years 2800BC and 2620BC, the years preceding enlightenment.

CHAPTER 0

And thus was the Prophet Almost_Harmless borne by sacred Beavers into the afterlife, forever to be head of the Admissions Committee. "Alas" cried the citizens of the People's Front of Judea and there was much gnashing of teeth and wailing and such carrying on.

"Never fear" said the prophet Ozbenno, "for under my guidance much work will be done to lead us to glory!". But the people did fear.

So did the prophet survey his earthly realm and was satisfied with what he saw.

CHAPTER 1

The heathen barbarians of the false prophets Julius Ceaser and Mansu Mansu appeared at the borders of the land of the believers. The prophet Ozbenno rose upon his throne and told his messenger boy. Go to the barbarians and send them the words of the true prophet. "Begone or the forces of heavan and earth shall smite you with much vengeance". Whether the message was received by the barbarians was never known, as only small pieces of the messenger were ever seen again but they did skulk back into the accursed lands of the unbeliever.

CHAPTER 2

The committee for the advancement of the cheesemakers did approach the Prophet Brian and say unto him. "Great Prophet, cannot we make you unto one with the PFJ Headquarters to raise a great work in your name or to advance the knowledge of the People's Front of Judea?".

"No." replied the prophet.

"Why not?"

"Because the one true God (who has yet to be discovered) has spoken it thus. If my earthly body is lost to the PFJ, thus will be the ruin and damnation of all."

CHAPTER 3

It was in the year 2620BC that the warrior Judith was born in PFJ Headquarters. Much debate was held as to what the efforts of the people should be put to next. The prophet Ozbenno spake unto the people. "Build me a place for training our warriors, so more readily may they bring smackdown unto the unbelievers." And so the mighty work was begun.

It was at the same time that one particularly holy beaver did sacrifice himself for the greater good of the PFJ by disrobing himself in public. Much happiness was created.

Here endeth the lesson. A lesson from the second book of Ozbenno will follow promptly.

Right. Brothers, let's get one thing straight. There were only two recognized sports in ancient Judea.

The first and best know is, of course, Stone the Dumb Kid. While mildly entertaining for participants and spectatators, Stone the Dumb Kid is in direct violation of PFJ bylaws, setion 13, chapter 7, clearly stating that PFJ members shall never willingly oppress a man's--or woman's--right to idiocy.

The second, and far less known sport of ancient Judea is Baseball. Or, written in Hebrew as:

and properly pronounced: Bah'eis Bah'al.

Unfortunately, the Hebrew language has only recently acquired vowels, so it is all together possible that the word is pronounced: B'ohs Boo'ale, roughly translating to Stone the Dumb Kid.

While it is, of course, every citizens right to misuse vowels as befits his--or her--needs, as stated in the bylaws addendum 17, the possibility of oppressing a citizen's right to idiocy supercedes any benifit gained from such act.

I therefore move that all talk of sports cease and that we get back to the business of striking the common enemy a blow most spiteful.

Top Bottom