RB24s - Big Sister

Take a look at RB24. Basically its a map where there are resources on weird tiles. Tundra oasis anyone? :)

Hi,

Kodii said:
Take a look at RB24. Basically its a map where there are resources on weird tiles. Tundra oasis anyone? :)
The reason we chose Fantasy Realms was that it has more land tiles than a standard-sized pangea map, giving more room for every civ to expand into while keeping it playable for players whose machines can't handle large maps, and because the map wraps on both axes, preventing Little Brother/Sister from being in a corner shielded by Big Brother, which would make the game a lot less interesting.

-Kylearan

Sorry about not being around lately - I'm back, and a re-roll is ok with me. "If that is the way the winds are blowing, then let no one say that I do not also blow..."

I will play the save tomorrow and see what happens re Monty ... after, we can make a decision re re-rolling.

Sorry - but I will not be able to get to this ... can someone else pick it up and see what Monty is up to?

Well, it was my turnset, unless someone else is already playing it, I will finish up the turns. How is the voting looking for a restart on fantasy map?

-Iustus

650 (3)
Whip an archer in Newcastle. Set up the other cities to whip things.

625 (4)
Whip a bunch of archers.

Those 6 Jags and archer are headed straight for Canterbury.

600 (5)
Whip some more archers.

575 (6)
Ok, so I was wrong! That stack went right on by, it is headed either to Cyrus or to a barbarian city.

550 (7)
Montezuma declares on Cyrus! I declare war on Montezuma!

I sign open borders with Asoka so our work boat can explore further.

525 (8)
No battles with Monte yet, he attacked barbarian city, won but was damaged.

500 (9)
Monte razes one of Cyrus’s cities!

Hatty asks for open borders. At this point I think it would help us more than her, so I agree.

475 (10)

Monty takes and keeps the barbarian city, Scythian.

I will leave all the moves to the next person.

The war front:

You can see the city he took to the north. I would suggest moving those 2 archers north, and trying to take the city next turn. (It might be best to move onto the floodplain, instead of the forest, if you have bad odds because of the river, you can move to the horses, then attack). On the other hand, letting him heal might be worse than attacking across the river.

Monty probably has some more troops to the east of the river, but perhaps that one jag is all that remains of his stack.

There was a barbarian archer that is probably at the red circle now.

The cyan circle is the location of Cyrus's old city. We should build a settler to found a city there to give back to Cyrus. (Or give Cyrus the former barbarian city, if we can take it from Monty.)

Cyrus has copper, and has at least one axeman.

We have one archer in Cyrus' lands, headed back this way.

We should probably take the workboat west, to explore Hatty's lands, we have dead ended to the east.

I overwhipped our cities thinking we would need the archers, so we have some whipping pain to live down. We still have a seriously low happy cap, Construction comes in the middle of the next turnset.

-Iustus

Sorry for all the bonehead stuff guys, I will try to settle down.

I am guessing we want to continue on this, rather than doing a restart.

Roster:
Ruff <- up
Snaproll <- on deck
Blake
mbuna120
Kodii
Iustus - Mr Panic

Remember: Cyrus is our Brother in Law

-Iustus

Great - lets continue as this has now got very interesting. Thx to T-Hawk for suggestion we play a touch more. Unfortunately, I am going to have to request a skip so Snaproll is up.

So your little brother Cyrus got a city razed by big bad bully Montezuma? :eek: That's precisely when the team needs to stand up for the beloved sibling! :hammer: I won't hear any talk of re-rolling now. :shake: :lol:

If Little Sister loses a city, we will found a new one on the same spot and give it to her (unless she takes care of it herself before we can arrive). THREE of the enemy cities must be razed in retaliation! (And we do not rest until it's done).

Ok, I see I'm up. Unfortunately, as I posted in my SGOTM thread, I haven't been able to log into civfanatics from home the past few days. If seems I'm not the only one with this problem. So, I'm going to hope that I can download and play tonight, but I may not be able to. Hopefully it'll work. If you don't hear from me, it means I can't log in.

P.S. Nice Avatar T-Hawk. I used to do a little "Realms Beyond" action on that game and beat it without ever dying once.

Apologies for the topical tangent, but that's the norm for Realms Beyond. :mischief:

P.S. Nice Avatar T-Hawk. I used to do a little "Realms Beyond" action on that game and beat it without ever dying once.

:D It's my favorite NES game. I've tried that too but never succeeded. However, I have succeeded in beating Zelda 2 in one game (some deaths but no continues) with Life Level 1 stats, and also with Magic Level 1 stats.

My handle comes from that boss, hence the avatar. I always thought he was really cool and the Shadow was kind of a letdown. Modern reference material calls him Thunderbird, but back in the day my game guide called him Thunderhawk so that name stuck for me.

Well, that just changes everything, doesn't it? :lol:

Its not just a war with Monty. Its a war with Monty with Cyrus in which we must found a city to give to Cyrus and raze three of Monty's cities. Its either a battle to the end, or we're dead :)

After thinking about it, I think we should take the former barbarian city, and keep it, otherwise we will likely lose our elephants to culture.

We should build a settler in our capital to found the new city for cyrus, we have way too much food there.

We should try to get toward either longbows or crossbows asap, so we can upgrade all those archers to something useful.

Either way, I definitely think we should do iron working next, both for swordsmen and to be able to clear those gems and rice tiles.

Does the rule mean we have to raze the first 3 cities we take from Monty? Because I think we should take and keep Monty's closest cities, that is the only way we can expand. His capital is right there. I would prefer to take and keep the closest two cities, then raze the next 3, if that is allowed by both the spirit and letter of the rules.

-Iustus

Roster:
Ruff <- skip
Snaproll <- cannot log in
Blake <- up
mbuna120 <- on deck
Kodii
Iustus - Mr Panic

Guys,

I've figured out my connection problems, so I can take a turn now, if no one objects. i'll go ahead and grab it unless Blake already has it, and play tonight.

@ T-hawk - I think beating the game with life-1 is more impressive than not dying. I used to like playing the whole game with sword-1, have you ever tried that? Get some truly epic battles that way!

Top Bottom