RB24s - Big Sister

ruff_hi

Live 4ever! Or die trying
Realms Beyond has started another another whacky variant game, this time a reprisal of a Civ 3 classic here and there was enough people interested to start another game. However, lets not mirror them too much ...

RB24s - Big Sister
Civ: England (Elizabeth)
Opponents: 7, aggressive AI
Level: Monarch
Map: Pangea, low sea level
Speed: Epic
Victory: All enabled, but must lose(!) by spaceship

Taken from Sirian's original game concept, modified to fit with CIV:
We are Elizabeth, of the English. Our objective is to seek out the Lost Tribe of our sister Shelley, then bend our entire civiliation to helping her win the game! Like any good Big Sister, we love our Little Sister to death and would do anything for her, including playing second fiddle to her in his hour of glory.

Variant Rules:

1) All Victory Conditions enabled. However, anything OTHER THAN a Space Race victory by our "Little Sister" civ, will be a defeat.

2) First Civ we meet is Little Sister (or Little Brother...).

3) What Little Sister wants, Little Sister gets.
  • Any demands she makes are granted.
  • Any deals she offers of his own spontaneity are taken (no matter what!).
  • As soon as either of us knows Alphabet, any tech we acquire that she doesn't have, we offer to her (by the end of our turn, doesn't have to be immediately), then accept the deal she offers us. If we don't like the deal, then just GIVE her the tech.
  • Any strategic resources she lacks, we must offer to supply to her. We will take whatever she offers in return. If that's not good enough, just GIVE it to her (we may renegotiate the deal later).
  • Any resources we need, we look to Little Sister to supply for us, and pay whatever price she asks (if we can't afford, then we must wait). ONLY if Little Sister does not have any of that resource to offer, are we allowed to look elsewhere for a supply.
  • Any and all deals we wish to offer, we must take what she offers in return.
4) We believe in the same gods. If Little Sister converts to any religion, we must follow suit as soon as possible.

5) Little Sister's Birthday! At the end of each player's turn, they must bestow a gift upon our Little Sister if possible. Try not to spoil her! (No giving away cities, nor exorbitant amounts of cash, make it a reasonable gift).

6) Nobody Picks on Our Little Sister.
  • Anybody who declares war on our Little Sister, we immediately declare war on them AND MAKE AN EFFORT to go help.
  • We do not make peace with the offending civ until Little Sister first makes peace with them.
  • If one of Little Sister's cities is captured, we must make an effort to liberate it, then give it back to her. ONE of the enemy's cities must also be razed in retaliation. We do not rest until this is done.
  • If Little Sister loses a city, we will found a new one on the same spot and give it to her (unless she takes care of it herself before we can arrive). THREE of the enemy cities must be razed in retaliation! (And we do not rest until it's done).
7) We do not pick on anybody who leaves our Little Sister alone, UNLESS they start a spaceship. Anybody who threatens to steal Little Sister's glory by launching sooner, they have to be "roughed up". Get the picture? (Roughed up, not exterminated. OK?)

8) Nobody pushes us around. We don't cave to threats, ever. (Unless it's Little Sister flexing his muscle, then we go along).

9) If Little Sister declares war on us, we defend ourselves, but never attack his cities. Whatever she wants for peace is OK, too, EXCEPT FOR cities. We don't give her cities. (Even beloved little Sisters need some limits set now and then).

10) We want to maintain Friendly relations at all times, if possible, with our Little Sister. (Will take time to get to that point, but once there, we want to stay there). We will never ask Little Sister for a Defensive Pact, but will happily agree to one if she asks us (she will know best when to sign one!).

11) Obviously, we must prevent any other civ from winning, with all the options on the table!

Roster:
Ruff
Snaproll
Blake
mbuna120
Kodii
Iustus

You have 24 hours to post a "got it", then another 48 hours to play the game. However, overtime won't be a problem if you make sure to keep us posted about your progress.

I will not be able to start this game until Friday so if anyone else in the team can get it down Thursday, go! Just remember ... you must wear the right t-shirt while playing ...

Checking in - Did you see that the "A" team already stole our thunder by getting a big sister of their own? :mad: :lol:

Ahh how true how true. I was mixed up - I suppose this means we have to hog the bathroom and never let our little sister in to fix her makeup...

Snaproll said:
Ahh how true how true. I was mixed up - I suppose this means we have to hog the bathroom and never let our little sister in to fix her makeup...

Worse. You have to ALWAYS let Lil Sis in to the bathroom when she wants it, and sit around watching paint dry as she takes as long as she darned well pleases.

After all, what good is life if you can't spend it spoiling your little sister. :mischief:

- Sirian

Snaproll said:

I have sprayed the monitor laughing
:lol: :lol: :lol:

T-hawk said:
We've got a little sister, just like you. But our little sister has a big brother, and yours has a big sister, hence the game titles.

Translation: the player civs are the big siblings; the AI companions are the little ones. :)
:nono: RB24 has a little NEICE ... she is your brother's daughter.

EDIT: Boy my spelng sux.

ruff_hi said:
:nono: RB24 has a little NIECE ... she is your brother's daughter.

That's neice and all, but I don't play neice with words. I'm going to make me a neice little correction to this atrocity by rejecting the concept of renaming the event "Big Uncle".

NYET. :nono:

:lol:

That's Little Sister. End of story. :hammer:

- Sirian

And here is our start ... I've moved the warrior onto the Hill (was 1 tile S of that) ... known techs are fishing and mining

Options
  • where to settle (only 1 spot for me)
  • what to build (worker)
  • what to tech

I'll play the first 20 or 30 tonight.

I didn't notice you made a thread already. I was too busy checking if the Real Ms. Beyond was up to any good :lol:

Checking in!

A new day has dawned. The wandering time is drawing to a close and the time of discovery is upon us. The now faded 'hand on bark' gift from our little sister is the only thing now connecting us to before ... to family ... to friends. I make the decision that I will find little sister, the small girl snatched by tribes men wearing feathers all those years ago. I will settle here, on the coast near the food and send out mighty warriors to track, to explore, to discover.

York is founded!

After many years of living off the river, we hear reports that our warrior has received some help from local villages, then later a runner comes in with news that shocks the town ... Shelley is known to a fellow traveller ...

Our first impressions when meeting Cyrus was that this wasn't Shelly ... but maybe he knew something of her, where she was. We sat up late into the night discussing the local country, the tendency of lint to collect in funny places and other important topics ... and then we mentioned OUR GREAT GEAS ... to find our missing sister Shelley. Unfortunately, Cyrus hasn't heard of anyone by that name ... he promised to ask his wife, Michelle, when next they spoke ... Cyrus joked that she knows much more than he does. Cyrus asked what happened to Shelley and we told him the dreaded tale. At the mention of tribal men wearing feathers, he sat up quickly, turned his head sharply ... and it was then that we noticed that he was wearing ear-rings ... ear-rings that were stamped with OUR family crest. "Where did you get those ear-rings" we asked sharply ... "They are Michelle's. I saved her from a local mad man ... is my Michelle ... your Shelley?"

BROTHER-IN-LAW! We have found Shelley ... but we don't yet know the location of Cyrus' town ... he chuckled and waved vaguely off in some direction when we asked him ... we will keep looking.

THE VERY NEXT DAY! ...

:mad: is this the butcher that took our sister?

Later in our travels we also met

And finally, we find Cyrus' town and link up with Shelley

Spoiler log :
----------------------------New entries----------------------------
Turn 0 (4000 BC)
Tribal village results: a little gold

IBT:

Turn 1 (3960 BC)
York founded
York begins: Worker
Research begun: Agriculture

IBT:

Turn 2 (3920 BC)

IBT:

Turn 3 (3880 BC)

IBT:

Turn 4 (3840 BC)

IBT:

Turn 5 (3800 BC)
York's borders expand

IBT:

Turn 6 (3760 BC)
Tribal village results: a little gold

IBT:

Turn 7 (3720 BC)

IBT:
Buddhism founded in a distant land

Turn 8 (3680 BC)
Contact made: Persian Empire

IBT:

Turn 9 (3640 BC)
Contact made: Aztec Empire
Tech learned: Agriculture

IBT:

Turn 10 (3600 BC)
Research begun: Bronze Working

IBT:

Turn 11 (3560 BC)

IBT:

Turn 12 (3520 BC)

IBT:

Turn 13 (3480 BC)

IBT:

Turn 14 (3440 BC)

IBT:

Turn 15 (3400 BC)
York finishes: Worker

IBT:

Turn 16 (3360 BC)
York begins: Warrior

IBT:
Hinduism founded in a distant land

Turn 17 (3320 BC)

IBT:

Turn 18 (3280 BC)

IBT:

Turn 19 (3240 BC)
Contact made: Russian Empire

IBT:

Turn 20 (3200 BC)

The T-Shirt

Roster
Ruff - just played
Snaproll -- up
Blake -- on deck
mbuna120
Kodii
Iustus

"Michelle my Belle......(some french words I don't know ) these are words that go together well Michelle my Belle."

Of course my Belle is Cathy, but Shelley is not so bad, and her husband has a tiara, but it looks to be made from ... cigars? Strange

Ok got it - will play today...

So let me get this straight... We are the big sister of a little sister that was captured by Montezuma and now lives with Cyrus... So what does that make Cyrus to us? Little brother in law, no? I suppose we still have to be nice to him...

P.S.:

First thing I do (of course) is check in on old Cyrus to see how our lovely sister is doing, but he is being protective, even going so far as to threaten us! :cry: Why us?

Well, I sure hope mean old Cyrus is nicer to Michelle than he is to us. For his sake!

Meanwhile, a young lass saddles up next to us and the poor girl actually thinks that SHE is our long lost sister! Is she? Are we mistaken? (It sure would be a lot easier to believe OOC: and roleplay). Poor girl is going to be devastated when she finds out...

I feel so far away from Michelle - look how far she is!

I get a scare - look, Cyrus has a band of explorers about to be eaten by some big nasty, smelly, bears! I try to move our intrepid warriors out to help, but they won't get there in time.

Silly us! Of course, our little sister can take care of herself! She's not so little anymore. I remember it seemed just like yesterday we were babysitting her while she watched her favorite cartoons, "The heiroglyph-tubbies". Now she can singlehandedly slaughter rampaging bears... Wow!

And look at this, not only does this poor Hatty girl think she's our sister, she lives right next door! I bet Michelle and Hatty used to play in the frontyard before she moved away. It's also amazing we didn't meet her first...

Gamenotes: We finished Bronze working, no copper to be seen. We also researched Pottery so you can start some cottages. I cued up Writing but there has been no research into it - feel free to switch.

The Save

Will play soon. I wish we had more units out in the field, I think I'll go for the gems site with the settler.

Turn 0: (2400BC)
I take York's warrior and start sending it North in order to scout out and secure a location for the settler.
Research is changed to Hunting

Turn 1:
I start on a cottage on the floodplains.

Turn 2:
Settler complete, I start a Granary.

Turn 3:
Hatty adopts slavery.

Turn 4:
Hunting complete, next research = Archery.

Turn 5:
Our warrior beats the snot out of a Barbarian warrior who was skulking in the territory between us and our little sister. You can never trust those barbarians.
York has grown (and become unhappy due to lack of garrison) so I whip the Granary.

I wanted to give our little brother in law a subtle hint about what would happen if he hurts our Little Sister, but it's hard to tell if it helped or not.

Isn't it a little odd that he's wearing our Little Sister's jewelery?

Our warrior scouting out the second city site meets this girl... guy... no girl...
oh geez I don't know.

Estranged cousin? But he(?) is actually really nice!

Turn 6:
I found Canterbury. A band of unruly savages armed with weapons we seek to understand lurks nearby. Hopefully our 2 warriors will scare them off.

Turn 7:
The savages decide to run away.

Turn 8:
Nothing happened so I called up little brother in law Cryus. He told me to Fear his Archer.
I call up our little Sister's friend Hatty. She informs me that she just completed an archer, and wants advice on where to put it - that or threatened to put it somewhere unmentionable. What's with everyone threatening us?
Montezuma exclaimed "Look what the cat dragged in!", he doesn't seem to like us.
Catherine was actually pleasent and invited us into her home, but it was time for the next turn.

Turn 9:
Archery complete so I start on an Archer in York (I put a few turns into a new Settler).

Next tech is Animal Husbandry.

Turn 10:
The archer will complete in 5 turns, and whip weariness will also fade then. I decide to play 5 more turns so the next turnset will start with the Settler ready to found somewhere.

Turn 11:
Our scouting warrior beat up some of those unruly barbarians, I promote him with Combat 1.

Turn 12:
I believe that little brother in law's scout met a ghastly end at the hands (or should that be arrows?) of the local gang of barbarian archers, who appear to be severely damaged.

I call up Cryus to ask him about it, but he thinks he is Santa Claus bearing gifts of Archers.
"Now I have an Archer. Ho-Ho-Ho"
I'm not sure what our little sister sees in this clown. Oh dear? Did I just say that? I mean I'm sure he's very nice, just a little obsessed with Archers.

Turn 13:
The barbarian archers lurking near canterbury are making me really nervous (They are Combat1 and healing now), so I move York's warrior north to reinforce Canterbury, this makes York very unhappy but the Archer will complete soon.

Turn 14:

Turn 15 (1800BC):
The settler isn't ready to whip because York hasn't grown to 6 - that was because I got nervous about the barbarians and sent the Warrior to Canterbury. The Archer is complete.
I suggest putting a turn into the next archer, then switch back to the settler and whip it for 3 population.

The Save

Here is the lay of the land.

No site for city #3 leaps out at me, I think the best possible site is between the pigs and elephants, having access to Jumbo's would guarantee us a good military. But that could be barb territory, or Monty could get a city there before we can.

There are some alternative sites, like to the west or east of canterbury, getting corn or pigs respectively.

Top Bottom