RB3 - Clobbering Time, Monarch Warmonger Game

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Carbon_Copy, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Dwip

Dwip Warlord

See it. Have it back tonight or tomorrow.

2. Carbon_Copy

Carbon_Copy Elemental

No such luck with the CPU. Arrived today, switched the chip out, still not working (in fact, now the computer isn't even posting anymore, which I could at least get it to do occasionally before freezing with the old CPU). I'll get another look at it tomorrow, but it looks like a new motherboard is now in order.

So, long story short, I'm still out of commision, and will probably buy myself a new computer, piece-by-piece, until I finally replace the part that was causing the problem.

3. Dwip

Dwip Warlord

Arright. I've been trying to play, and it's just not coming to me. Rather than delay things any longer, I'll just go ahead and ask for a skip, since it's pretty doubtful I'll be able to get back to this before next Friday.

Since CC's computer hates him (ouch!), that puts bed_head up, I believe.

4. bed_head7

bed_head7 Deity

Hm. Well, since saying I can play, I have wound up as up in the two other games I am playing, but I cannot play them until tomorrow evening, and definitely will not have time for a third turnset. I will try to play as soon as possible, I guess, but it will definitely not be in the next 48 hours.

5. bed_head7

bed_head7 Deity

I had been expecting to receive today a box with a few things I left at home, one of which was my Civ4 CD. Unfortunately, it seems that in packing up my stuff to move out of my room, it got placed in one of my random boxes of stuff instead of with things to take with me. I had assumed up until now that I had just put it upstairs somewhere (it doesn't flood that high) but I guess not. Considering this would be a last turnset, I guess I can call it a skip instead of dropping out, but the point is I will not be playing Civ4 for a few months until I can go home and look for it myself. I enjoyed playing with you all, and hopefully I will play with some of you again in the future.

6. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Is this game dead? Come on, it's only what, 50 turns to go? I've played the second last turnset, so won't play again now. Anybody else?

-Kylearan

7. Carbon_Copy

Carbon_Copy Elemental

Well, the new gear arrived from UPS today, and I got it installed and running again after I got home from work, so I can pick this game back up. So I've got it.

Now, it'll probably be close to the full 48 for me to get this played, it's something like 5:00 AM right now and I JUST got things working, so I need to get some sleep.

8. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Any luck with the rebuilt system?

9. Dwip

Dwip Warlord

Apparently not, it would seem.

10. DaveShack

Dwip, can you take it? That would keep Kylearan and me from having to alternate. :)

11. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

...and another game dies an unpretentious death. :( Looks like the first excitement about the new game is over and people start to lose interest. Granted, this SG offers no real excitement anymore, but I hate leaving a game unfinished behind...

-Kylearan

12. Dwip

Dwip Warlord

Well, I was going to take it this weekend, when I'll have time to play. If somebody wants to get it before then, feel free.

13. DaveShack

We've had some bad luck with a dead cpu and a missing CD. I'd like to see it through.

14. Griselda

Griselda Realms Beyond

:bump:

None of you have Epics to play at the moment, right? :groucho:

Anyway, I'm just trying to decide what area of the succession games page to put this game into the "finished" games or keep it in the active section.

If you guys still want to see it through (c'mon, 50 turns! ;) ), I think it's something like

Dwip - UP NOW!
    Kylearan - on deck
    Daveshack

15. Dwip

Dwip Warlord

Well, I still see it, but it'll be at least this weekend before I have time to play. If anybody else wants to deal with it before then, well, feel free.

These are, I should note, turns I gave up the first time around because I couldn't figure out a good way to play them, so it may be best if we just skip me and move straight on to Kylearan.