1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RB5 - Rome, Emperor, Lakes, Just win

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Sirp, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Iester

Iester Entirely Without Humour

Er...

After some very confused moments, I noticed that this isn't the right save.

Could we get the right one up?

-Jester

2. ToddMarshall

ToddMarshall Maniac - Stellar Wingman

3. Iester

Sorry for taking so long. I kinda missed my window with the game mix-up. I'll try to get it done in the next couple nights.

We'll get this across the finish line yet!

-Jester

4. ToddMarshall

Take your time. The next couple turns will be critical for our domination chances, at least in the near term.

5. Iester

Okay, here we are. My time was very short, so I didn't take a lot of notes from my turns.

Here's the executive summary: We took all the major Arab cities except Baghdad, and that's going to fall in a couple turns. The causalties were very acceptable. We no longer have any major rivals in this game.

The downside is that our economy is hurting. I'm running 20% luxury, and we've still got war weariness. I expect that to get worse until we finish off the Arabs. Shouldn't take too long, as we've got the forces ready to do it.

Perhaps some kind of civics switch would help us out? I don't know. Something to contemplate. Regardless, this game is ours.

Forward!

-Jester

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/RBC5_AD-1820.Civ4SavedGame

6. ToddMarshall

Sounds great. I suppose I'll take a look at the save :)

7. ToddMarshall

Sirp, did you want me to swap with you?

8. ToddMarshall

I'll assume thats a yes and try to play asap then............ Hopefully tomorrow night.

9. ToddMarshall

Didnt have time this weekend. If you can get it before me Sirp, do it. My next chance looks to be possibly tuesday.

Edit: RL sucks. I'll get to it this coming weekend for sure.

10. Iester

*bumpity bump*

11. autocon

autocon Deus da Guerra

we are waiting :)

12. Iester

Okay, ToddMarshall, I know this game is somewhat stalled already, but I'm going to limp this baby over the finish line if I have to do it myself.

So, if you're unable to finish these turns, pass it on to Sirp.

(Still with us, Sirp?)

If that's not going to work, I'll just finish the game and post the results.

-Jester

13. bed_head7

bed_head7 Deity

Guess who went home over spring break and found his Civ4 CD?

Got it.

14. bed_head7

bed_head7 Deity

Six turns played, and the next four tomorrow. Arabs were just finished in 1830 AD (would have been a turn earlier, but I got hit by a bad run of luck when trying to take out their last city defended by one rifleman with three cavalry). I am now positioning units for attack on Persia or America or both.

15. bed_head7

bed_head7 Deity

The aforementioned death of the Arabs:

After this, I mostly just prepped for the next wars, and started up the rail network after finally discovering railroad, or whatever the tech is called. I figured our first target would probably be the Persians, so most of the units from the war against the Arabs are now sitting in Persepolis.

Of course, I also wanted us to have options, so our border with America is well populated with units. Part of this was due to the huge unit buildup I saw in Los Angeles, which had me a bit worried to be honest. Should no longer be a problem, though.

Our coverage of the world is approaching the domination limit. Here is the minimap.

16. Iester

Wasn't expecting to see that, but it's good that we've still got most of the team around!

Alright, anyone can jump in here. Sirp? ToddMarshall?

This game is achingly close to done...

-Jester

17. ToddMarshall

I got it. I'll have it completed within 24 this time I promise.

18. ToddMarshall

Hope no one minds that I played 12 turns. I thought it kind of silly to hand off a won game so somone could click next turn and wait for boarders to expand.

Yes, thats right, the game that WOULD NOT END is O-V-E-R. I'll have the report up in a little while.

19. ToddMarshall

Preturn Analysis: This game is, for all intents and purposes now over. It's just a matter of reaching the 10% land coverage needed for Domination. Looking at it, I think we'll have to attack either America or France to get enough land, but for roll play purposes, it would be nice to win without having to do that, so I decide to press the attack against Persia as planed.

Inherrited Turn - Can't see any deals worth making. Dial up Cyrus and declare war. Move troops

1840 - Move troops. Make the Church of the Nativity because we can

1842 - Move Troops

1844 - Capture parsagarde

1846 - Resting

1848 - Move troops

1850 - Napolean declares war! On Roosevelt... lol

1852 - Nothing

1854 - Arbela and Siddon Captured. Persia Destroyed. We have 59% of the land now, but need 64%. With America already at war with Napolean, I recant. While we have enough cities to win eventually I THINK, I see no reason not to join nappy and finish this game. I declare war on America. Lets see if we can get that last 5%.

What I get a CTD and stop to eat. At this point I feel confident enough that I WILL have time to finish my turns that I post the I got it you see above..............

1856 - Los Angeles and New York and Lybian captured. We now need only 3.34% for domination.

1858 - Chicago and Atlanta Captured. Getting very close now.

1860 - Houston Captured I stop and save and start to post the save. Then I decide it's silly to hand off a game thats over in 2 turns, so I load it back up and continue.

1862 - I use settlers to plug a few gaps. We now have 63.36%, and we have two cities coming out of resistance in 1 turn. That should be enough to win. I raze a barb city that had poped up in north persia, make sure I have the cities defended as much as possible, and click next turn and... domination victory!!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/RBC5_AD-1862.zip

20. ToddMarshall

I'll put some pictures up for the lurkers shortly. Anyone who actually hung in there for the entire for this marathon deserves that much.

The victory screenie:

The final map from the replay:

The graph by power (not score)

Our final score:

And finally, the final demographics screen