RBC14A - Age of Discovery - Portugal, Sid

It's hard to comment, because:
- Your turn looked good -- nice timing on the 2fer -- but nothing spectacular happened.
- Having not played the scenario, I don't know what looks good/bad/indifferent without spending a lot of time studying the save, which I wasn't intending on doing until it was my turn.
- It looks like any kind of a semi-adequate landgrab and not getting overrun in Europe will put us in a good position to win. That's underway, but I don't want to curse it by pointing it out (too late?).

Arathorn

I was not there for the WE, so could not have played then.
Work is quite hell right now (I mean lots of work to do, but interesting anyway), so not sure I can play tonight.
I will post a 'got it' later (in 5 hours) or a 'skip me' if I can't find time to play in an efficient way.

Jabah

Unfortunatly, I am still at work and probably will prefer relaxing than playing civ whenever I will manage to go back home, so please "Skip me".

For a the first time since something like 10years, there is a french football team playing on Wednesday in the final of the European Champions League (with decent chance to win), so I won't be able to play on Wednesday.
I will be away (again) for a long WE from Thrusday night to Monday night, without computer (so no easy internet access and no civilisation).

> That would make Charis up now - go get 'em

He awakens, as if from a great slumber!!
I just got back from a business trip with a VERY delayed return,
getting back home at 3am last night. :eek:
I'm a zombie at work today and will likely crash immediately tonight.

I will however, get to it as soon as I'm coherent. :hammer:
Charis

Who me? Incoherrent? :mischief:

Alas, it's true. The day after my 'crashing' for an early bedtime I wandered up to bed after dinner and plopped down for the night at 6:30pm (!) Finally sat down to play last night only to find my ISP was on the fritz. On top of everything else, we've got a temporary (1 week) foster child situation, so my wife is needing a few more hands than usual. :eek:
If things are slow for you Arathorn, snag it, otherwise I hope to get to it soon. (That's an ongoing statement this game I'm afraid, do not hesitate to jump in at any point where you're free and I'm not mid-playing)

Charis

Well, I mainly don't want to see it die away from lack of interest. I enjoy reading things. I was kinda hoping for an update.

I'm pretty into my SAW game whenever I have time to play, but I was looking to this as a laid-back game to relax with, when I'm tired :). That and I don't want a feast night with this and LotR13 the same night...which is looking likely.

I think I'll just lay low and wait for Charis to play, having accomplished a subtle reminder (and maybe bought myself some time if/when I'm slow). It's hard to know whether you're "mid-playing" or not, too. The order on this one is kinda crazy already with Jabah having been skipped and it's only a few rotations and....

I don't know. I mainly wanted to bump this up in people's mind. But I think my waiting for my turn is the best plan.

Arathorn

Alrighty... bump and request for feedback duly noted :)

I came in to work this a.m. (ISP at home still down) - so I'll stick
with it and play tonight. I think overall I'm in the same boat, I'm hoping
this is a laid-back game (but not dying!), as I very barely have time for even one SG game in the next few months 8-\

Thanks,
Charis

I am back, and if Charis can't play, I can get my turn back :).

(waiting for everyone to decide what to do, and in which order)

Jabah

This game is on Sid difficulty... and getting treated as a "laid-back" game?

The incongruity of that very thought, and my inability to get to the game in almost a one week period, suggest I face reality here, I'm going to have to back out. :blush:
I spent both Saturday and the holiday at work, and see no let up for some time. At least it's for a 'big opportunity', not fire fighting. (Oh, and we temporarily have a fifth child in the family as a foster kid) I want to see the game progress and so must bench myself. If things lighten up I'll let you know, but I expect the game will be over before then. (I'm planning to continue on in the series, however!?)

Jabah, you're up! Good luck guys! :hammer:
Charis

1510AD (0) Reorganise Portugal for better growth in Lisbon and change production to military units (I want at least 2 in each city there). Sell Map (every turn) and buy 4 embassies in the new world (for around 200g total).

IT GA ends and messes with all my MM (reload to check, the cities were all showing a wrong number for total production and tax)

York completed Magellan's

1511AD (1) have to sort out all the mess.
rush a temple in Sao Paulo (to give a 2food shield) before courthouse.
rush a temple in Madeira as we will have happiness trouble there.
found Porto Nuevo NO of Rio to prevent other AI to reach the inside of Africa.

1512AD (2) Oporto MI->Pike, Madeira Temple->Colonist, Sao Paulo Temple->Courthouse

1513AD (3) Lisbon MI->Pike,
Portugal is set on Pikemen and the 'grown up' colonies (Islands and Ceuta) on colonists
Spain and England have Gun but still no good trade possible.

1514AD (4) Cap Verde Colonist->colonist (harbor will take too long), Ceuta Colonist->colonist, Lisbon (Dias) colonist.

1515AD (5) Oporto Pike->Pike,
found Sao Vincente & Bahia in Angola (next to both Gems)
England now has Protestantism (monopoly)

1516AD (6)
found St Helena in congo (mainly to prevent AI from landing there and secure the coast to get the gold further inside Africa)

1517AD (7) Lisbon Pike->Pike, Ceuta Colo->colo,

1518AD (8) Oporto Pike->pike

1519AD (9)
found Belem on river next to Ivory

We have a little problem, England has discovered Banking, so they now have 2 monopolies and only Spain has Gunpower still

1520AD (10) Ceutacolo->colo,

Now France & Netherland are still tech ignorant but Spain & England know Gun, Bank & Naval Ordnance. England knows Protestantism on top of that.

No deal, probably have to/could do that soon (when the 2 stupid AIs learn something).

A few comments

- A few colonists are on their way to Africa, 1 is just waiting for the MI and Lgbow to clear the place to build a city on the river (W of its current position).

- We will need more military units and maybe less colonist. Ceuta is probably the best place to build a barrack and join the military cities (Ceuta need 2 units for MP). several cities are without defence.

- I keep following the Africa plan, we have most of the 'rich' Africa under command. Maybe a few cities in America.

Good luck to the next leaders

Jabah

Top Bottom