RBD SG6 - The Benevolent King

Sorry! I've been MIA in pretty much all my games. I'm afraid you'll have to skip me in pretty much all of them. The RL events that kept me from Civ before have still not resolved themselves. Unfortunately, this has been an extremely complicated and emotionally draining process. I hope that it will be completed soon.

Cy was the last one to play. I was "up" and totally slacked off. I've got a deity game that's already been won but which I am mopping up the details on the end to finish it off, and that's been quite time consuming -- so I rather have not been in the mood to pick this one up, which is also already won but doesn't know it yet. :)

At the end of RBD5, we went into a Grab the Game format and abandoned the roster for the most part. That would be fine here too. I was up, and Charis after me, but I said he could go ahead and he never did either. :) The real question is whether or not we're reaching a plateau of general disinterest, and will end up playing less on a permanent basis (or stopping, even), or just in a lull while we do other stuff. Charis STILL owes me a reply from a month ago about the RBD Civ Tourney idea, that's been shelved since I first proposed it, and, well... I'm just chillin out waiting to see how things are going to go.

I would like to see this game here, RBD6, wrap up and finish. I very much enjoyed playing it and feel kind of sad that I've not been interested in polishing it off, but... I haven't. Sometimes I enjoy the gameplay of the late game regardless of whether or not the outcome's in doubt, and sometimes it just seems like work -- and it varies day to day.

ANYBODY on the roster who's ready to pick it up and take some turns, please do. Take 5, 10, or whatever moves you, then post and hope someone else will grab it soonish. :)

We can't run out of Benevolence now! The game's almost over! :)

- Sirian

It's... alive!

Okay, so I played a couple turns. Nothing special, mostly schlogging, dealing with disorder, clicking past workers, airlifting armour to the chinese, watching the chinese waste an entire army (20 or so) mech infantry beating their heads against our wall, razing one of their cities, etc...

All in all, this game just needs some finishing. My bite was pretty tiny, but we only need ten or so more tiny bites and this game is over, or one or two major, 10 turn players. It's all just research at this point.

I might come back to this soon; if someone else could pick it up, I'd like this (my first SG, I do believe...) to get finished.

Jester

@Sirian - Same boat here, do you want to open for more players?

Lee: This one's in the bag and I just haven't had the will to dot the I's and cross the T's. If you want to pick it up to run a few turns of modern mop-up, go right ahead. :)

- Sirian

OK -
Consider this post my "GOT IT".

This will be my weekend filler game.
I will post results Sunday night (gmt - 5)

It looks the goal is a space race if I read things correctly.

(0) 1898 AD - We still have Jaguar Warriors :rotfl:

Increase science - Satellites 1 turn earlier.
Techs left to get - Superconductor, Nuke, Laser.
NOBODY else has started a spaceship, while we have 4 parts built.
It will take a while, but I begin the process of getting rid of the junk units.

Russia will pay cash up front for luxuries - I take the money ($950) and run.
We now have plenty of unit upgrade money.

GOALS - Spaceship ASAP.

(I) Have to hire a couple of entertainers in junk productions cities.
This late is the game it takes way to long to check for possible disorder.

(1) 1900 AD - We continue to bomb the *#$(! out of Germany.
I will be doing this every turn.
We are so close to winning - I fortify many of our workers.
Tatung is captured.
Tientsin is captured - bb sunk in port.
(I) France / Egypt peace treaty.

(2) 1902 AD - Shantung is captured - BB / Tran destoryed in port.
(I) France / Germany peace treaty.
Begin research on SuperConductor 9 turn eta.
Oh goodie - I get the domestic nag wanting aqueducts / hospitals.
I hope the patch lets us shut her UP.
SpacePart #5 completes [party]

(3) 1904 AD - Macao is captured - 2 bombers caught in airport.
(I) Russia wants spaceflight - TAKE A HIKE.
Just Cautious, but that B$$!@!@# declares war.
Really stupid - She prepaid for the luxury.
SpacePart #6 completes [party]

(4) 1906 AD - The AI can be so silly sometimes.
They amphib by Macao, the same spot they could reach by rail.
We have no alliance vs. Germany - A peace treaty is signed.
We get all their money - $128.
They are been crippled at this point - 4 large cities by the capitial, all hurting for infastructure.
We sign peace with Egypt, get a mere $4 (all they had).
(I) I think I will pass on a UN vote.

(5) 1908 AD - We begin bombing Russia instead.

(6) 1910 AD - Our air sucks vs. China. Barely dented Hangchow.

(7) 1912 AD - Hangchow is captured - caught a bb in port.
Chengdu is captured - again catch a bb in port.

(8) 1914 AD - Nanking is captured - just 1 defender!
(I) SpacePart #7 completes [party]
No other Civ has even started - this game is wrapped.

(9) 1916 AD - The bombardment of Xinjan begins - Size 11 is to large to capture.
The landing force by Bed Breaker included a settler.
We can know repair the road back to the airport. :)
Shanghai is captured.
The French sneak a horse colony in the middle of our lands.
I rush a temple in Satsuma so the we will wipe it out culturally.
(I) France / China peace treaty.

(10) 1918 AD - This time I have to cleanup a Russian landing by Bed Breaker.
Xinjan just won't go down to size 6. Maybe the next person will have better luck.
Check the Diplo screen - still no money to be map. Just get chump change for world map.

Summary -
This game is WON
Who wants to be next?

Just need a couple more rounds to finish it.

My 10 max went a lot quicker then expected.
Even with 20 turns I couldn't finish, science just taking to long with Monarchy.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/RDB6-1918AD.zip

I'll get it. I can finish this puppy on Wednesday night.

If anyone else on the roster wants it before then, just grab it and post here so we won't be duplicating effort.

--Cy

Here is a quick game update.

The year is 1944. Only Laser to research (11 more turns) and one more rocket part to build. No one else has started the first rocket part yet. Erm, of anyone left.

Despite our outstanding example, the supremacy of the Mighty and Enlightened form of government known as Monarchy was still escaping the feeble mental grasp of the other Civs. I tried leading by example, but, sadly, there comes a time when Benevolent Methods, such as are used with our own fine people, fail with the other obdurate Civs. I was forced to liberate their people and expose them to the Joys of Mayan Monarchy rather forcefully.

Here is the world map.

Russia is out of gas, and, actually, out of fumes, too. Cathy has 12 Mech Infantry and one tank left to man her 12 cities. Poor Cathy; she will be next to see the light.

I'll ask about passing this on vs finishing it off tomorrow, when I can think straight.

--Cy

Well Sirian started this and has final say.

However, my opinion is go ahead and finish.

Most of the RBD are having time delays finishing. I don't think anyone will argue with getting another one closed. The same reason nobody argued with me stepping into several of the RBD games - let's just close some of them.

What I will do here is: unless some one else posts that they want it, I will close the deal. Now that I am fully back up to speed on what is going on it will be a snap, and I will have time to finish it off either late tonight or tomorrow.

One fun thing I got to do was have a full-fledged air-superiority battle over Russia. The Russian air force is down to nil, and we took them out fighter vs fighter in the unfriendly skies over St. Petersburg, Moscow, and Smolensk. It really is a pain to have to sort through your airbase stack to send all your fighters in first to smoke out the AI’s strategic air defenses. If there was a static front you could sort them by city, but once I got a foothold and wiped out their reserves the Russian front tended to move so quickly I could barely keep the planes in range.

I also finally realized that the way to crack a big civ on a big multi-civ continent is to get a ROP with their neighbor and ship your transports to their closest border with you, then ride their rails. I know this is just drop-dead obvious, but I actually never thought of it before. Duh.

Ah well, the only question left is if the Rocket will complete before domination kicks in.

--Cy

Jester was the one who most wanted this game to finish, since it was his first SG. He's without a CD at the moment, so yes, just finish it. Somebody end it please! :)

- Sirian

All Hail the Glories of the Benevolent Mayan Monarchy!

We continued to liberate the oppressed peoples of the world and provide them with the wonders of our superior form of government.

Then, the benevolent gods, smiling down from heaven at our enlightened government, granted us the rule of the entire world.

May the gods be praised, and my our wonderful Benevolence reign with authority until the end of time.

The gods found us magnificent!

Our peoples ranked most high!

Our culture and territory were unmatched.

Our score was impressive.

Finally, here is the ultimate testimony to the power of our Most Wonderful and Learned form of Government!

Truly the gods bless Monarchy! Over 100 Modern Armor and yet the troops are so devoted to our Most Benevolent King, that they refuse to be paid!

May all who read these chronicles wonder at the awesome power of the Benevolent King, and remember to swap to Monarchy instead of Communism when endless war saps the will of their peoples.

Notes:

Routine, really. We could have had a space victory in 1956, but I never had a domination win before, and just could not resist. Besides, the arrogant Germans persisted in governing themselves with that pitiful failed theory known as the Republic, and I felt compelled to liberate the oppressed and backwards Germanic folk. Poor, dear, befuddled Joan is lucky domination was enabled…

Here is the after-game save:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/King_of_the_Mayans,_1961_AD.zip

--Cy

[dance]

Congrats on finishing this one.

It seems like many of the almost won RBD games are finally wrapping up.

I know I helped finish the vikings one recently.

Top Bottom