RBMoo SG 1 - Oh the Humanity - Team B

The Trilarian have many friends. Actually, I think they are only at war with the lizard and have TA or better with everybody else. If we attack them, we will likely be kicked out of the Senate again and loose to their senate win. I think we should move on the Ithkul worlds and take them out of the game. We will need many more troop ships that what I put in the build queue so we should have a planet getting them troop ships out by 5-packs continuously. We should also have a planet to build our best troop, currently the mobile, by 10-packs continuously. Esra III had 14 Ithkul marines on it, I don't expect to see more ground troops on Ithkul worlds but we should start using army size troops to be on the safe side. I think there are no other empires in the western hemisphere, so there are plenty of systems to gain control of over there.

About the HFOG, I don't think we should switch government just to cut our HFOG. The AI doesn't know how to do that and it feels cheezy. Unless you have a good reason to switch government (like better manufacturing or research) there is no point in doing a switch. I think we have the best government we can have as most of our worlds are limited by the amount of tax revenue and the Corporate government is the best concerning tax revenue.

We're back in the senate...but everyone has declared total war on us...? Meh, ok then

Yes, let's keep attacking the Ithkul. Try to expand that way.

Now a question: When do votes for the Senate Presidency come up? Once every how many turns?

And below deck....ouch, that hurts.

In the Senate! [party]

At total war with everyone else! :eek: :cry: :eek:

Got it, will see what I can do. Senate victory will be far easier to win now that we're actually in the thing! If we can expand some more via Ithkul, and get Ivaquaria + one other race to vote for us... that could be enough to win. We'll see. :)

A data patch will come out today or tomorrow (April 10 or 11). Some of the changes will not take effect until a new game is started while others will take effect immediatly, notably the improved military AI. We have to decide what to do about the patch in regards to our SG, I see 3 options.

1. Continue the game to completion without the data patch. Since the patch will only replace spreadsheet.mob, you can shuffle the old and new spreadsheets if you are skilled enough with Windows and have enough discipline to make sure you use the correct version for the SG.
  2. Install the data patch and continue the current game. We may encounter some weird stuff since only part of the patch will be effective but it makes life simpler for those who want to use the patch in their other games.
  3. Consider the current game a draw and start a new game with the data patch. Many of the most interesting new features will not take effect until we have a code patch but the AI would present a credible threat, at least in regard to space superiority. On the other hand, QSI hope to release the code patch by the end of April so it is unlikely we will be able to complete this new game, as I am sure we will all want to install the code patch the day it comes out.

I vote for choice 2 as I prefer not to shuffle the game data files around but I can live with choice 1.

For all I know, our game could be over before we put our hands on the data patch, in which case I would vote for choice 3. :)

I played this turn before installing the patch, but the next player should definitely do so.

(211) After looking around a bit, I notice we have 108 ships over Esra. Whooee, but that's a lot of punch! I mark Esra I, the Ithkul outpost, for colonization by our colony ship. I go through all of our planets with more than 300 industry and fix them up to avoid wasteful spending. (Many of our top industry worlds were spending lots of money on economic development, with nothing to develop, thanks to the viceroy AIs temporarily upping the sliders and then never resetting them). There's nothing to change to the build queues because the entire generation 6 fleet has been queued up ahead of time by Jaxom. We "declare" an economic TA with the Tachidi and "state" for a cease-fire with the Sillicoids and Imsaeis. Let's see what happens with that. It looks like the Psilons are narrowly going to make it into the Senate - due only to our vote, as it turns out! I hope they can be our new best friends. :love:

(212) Despite outnumbering the Ithkul about 10:1, with mobiles against marines/militia no less, we are only able to take one region of the planet. Esra I is colonized and zoned out. The Tachidi counter our offer of an economic TA with one of their own, which we "coldly" accept. I hope they like that. :) There is a bill proposed to condemn Ivaquaria (good thing I checked the Senate! shouldn't there be a popup when new bills are initiated?), we vote "nay", naturally. Membership for the Meklar has been proposed but not seconded; if it comes up to a vote we will definitely want to vote that down (the machines hate us).

(213) A combined Vomnast/Sariar force tries at attack us at Milonni; they are ripped apart by the planet's defense bases and the HawkDefense3 group stationed there. More comically, the Ithkul try to send a colony ship into the Esra system. Hmmm, guess what happened there? ;)

Esra III conquered, this time with no problems after being softened up a bit with bombardment. The Beononi (Psilons) got into the Senate! Another race with whom we have good (or at least non-bad) relations. We can now talk to them as a result; I propose an economic TA. The Tachidi accept our TA, and so I ask for a research one with them. To clarify, here's our relations currently with the others:
Good (over 100) - Ivaquaria (Trilarian), Beononi (Psilon), Dekalip (Tachidi)
Average (around 0) - Gaulrdu (Sakkra), Sariar (Imsaies)
Hateful (well under -100) - Ramuctha (Ithkul), Vomnast (Sillicoid), Meklar
We should probably try to cultivate relations with the lizards to try for a Senate win. I'll leave that decision up to the team though.

Colony created at Uruk V, many more G+ planets there open for colonization. I also go through and set migration to all of our small, new planets. More pop = Senate victory, after all. Since we have no Colony ship designs at the moment, I create a new one and put some into the queues of low-industry planets. The condemn Ivaquaria bill died in the Senate, as did the one to give the Meklar membership. There is a new one proposing total war against the New Orions; I'll ignore seconding it and see what happens.

(214) The Psilons accept our TA, so I propose a research one. We renew our TA with the Trilarians. Our massive fleet, having subdued the Ithkul homeworld, now move onto the next planet to the west. The transports will follow behind the fleet in a few more turns.

(215) The Skilim system was attacked and our one Hawk Defense there killed by Sillicoid forces. I don't think we have any need to fear them though; they won't attack the planet and should leave next turn. Milonni again defended itself easily from attack with its system ships. In the Ezra system, an Ithkul colony ship slipped past our forces when I clicked the wrong button and established a new colony there. If only I could reload to the last turn without losing all of what I did... I hope that the "nothing you did on the last turn gets saved" issue is fixed in a patch. What happened to our Bus6 design? It's been obsoleted? Why? Inheriting a game with no transport or colony ships is pretty weird, I tell you. :) I guess the idea was to cut them out so the AI wouldn't autobuild them. But sometimes you want to build some, you know? I design a new one, which I hope was the same as the previous Bus6 (Light Cruiser size, 5 troop pods.) Our tech tree is reading NEGATIVE percentages to research the next level of technology; does anyone know what this means? I haven't a clue.

(216) We crush the system defenses in the Silnth system with ease; next turn the Mobilization Center in Ezra will complete and our transports can head there to start taking over the planets. The Sillicoids are continuing to be a pain in the Slkim system, but with no offensive ships in the reserve box and no system with a mobilization center anywhere even close by, we'll just have to let them blockade us there for now. Slkim is a pretty useless system to us anyway. I ask for another cease-fire with the rocks though to try and get them to leave. The Psilons ask for a non-aggression pact, and since they are much too far away for us to invade, I grant it. A bill praising the Trilarians has come up, I second it in hopes of upping relations with our buddies.

(218) We capture Ezra VII from the Ithkul with ease; I should thank them for saving us the trouble of sending a colony ship. :D Resistance has been crushed in the Silnth system, a transport is due in two turns to take over the only Ithkul planet there. Another generation 5 fleet is on the way to attack the Sillicoids bothering Slkim. The Meklar end their war with us this turn, for no reason. I vote "yay" on the Praise Ivaquaria bill. (Our relative percentage of Senate votes is very slowly rising as we take over Harvester worlds, by the way. We should target a Senate member next to decrease their vote total while increasing ours.)

(219) Lots of diplomacy. The Senate convenes to elect a new president, and the choice is between the New Orions and our Trilarian friends. We vote for the Orions, of course! The vote could easily go to the fishies though regardless of what we do. In other news, the Meklar re-declare war on us. The Tachidi propose a non-aggression pact with us, which I think we should accept in order to possibly get their votes. I agree to the NA pact; we wouldn't want to attack them anyway.

(220) The Ithkul have been evicted from Silnth in an easy battle. The Vomnast (Sillicoids) have also been kicked out of Slkim, ending the blockade there. Unfortunately now they have shown up in the Uruk system, so our fleet in the area heads back to that system. Diplomatically, war with the Sariar (Imsaies) has ended, so I immediately try to sign them to an economic TA. Even better, a random event lowers our HFOG! I suppose the best news of all is that the New Orions are still president of the Senate - in other words, the game goes on! And here's something strange: the Trilarians voted AGAINST the Praise Ivaquaria bill! What could be the possible motivation for that?

(221) Oops, I accidently played out the 221 turn. Rather than lose all I did, I'll just finish this one, heh. Instructions to follow...

(222) And I pass off here. Whew, that only took 3 hours to play!

- There are two colony ships which will be landing in the Uruk system next turn. They need to be manually assigned to planets, since the auto-targeting system sent both to the same planet earlier and I had to cancel the AI orders. There is a third colony ship just above that, in Psi Leonis, which also needs to go to the Uruk system. I had to park it there momentarily due to the Vomnast ships in the Uruk system. Fortunately there are 3 G+ worlds in the Uruk system where all of them can colonize.

- There were no diplomatic messages on Turn 222 to deal with, only standard buildings completing.

- The first part of the Generation 6 fleet should complete on the next turn. It will still take about 25 more turns to be up to "kick-ass" mode like our generation 5 fleet though. Our big fleet should be sent north to the next Ithkul planet in line right away.

- The "big picture" for the game is finally clear to me. We need to advance through the rest of the Ithkul heartland, then use wormholes to travel across the galaxy and crush the Vomnast. The rocks hate us, will always hate us, and have the third-highest vote total after the fish and us. Although they are seemingly on the other side of the galaxy, we can get there easily and fairly safely via a wormhole route I've drawn out. We should be ready to hit them just about the time our generation 6 fleet completes, and with our two huge fleets working together, we'll be in VERY good shape. Goal should be a Senate victory around turn 300. I can finally see a definite plan for once in this game, and it looks good! :)

RBMoo1B Turn222

And our map:

The yellow box is the Ithkul core worlds, where our big fleet is currently located. Just outside that box is a clear path of Sillicoid planets (in blue) leading to a wormhole. That goes to the center of the map, where there are three more Sillicoid planets, leading to a second wormhole to the SE corner of the galaxy. That's the Vomnast core territory, highlighted in a blue box. We have a clear and easy path there, in other words. If we can take over their systems, we will stand a good chance of winning the vote. It sounds like a plan to me - does anyone else concur?

Great turn Sulla, good job making new friends.

I made the bus and colony ship obsolete after queueing the needed number because I don't like having to remove them from the build queues. It is even more important with the colony ship because the viceroi AI will build them on non-human planets and we have no way of knowing what pop is in the colony ship. When I took the game, there was a colony ship coming out of our Ithkul planet, it would have wasted the planet I was sending it to if I did not notice where it was built. What I do in my private games is, design a colony ship and queue 3-5 on worlds of my original race then make it obsolete. When I need more colony ships, I click on "hide obsolete" to see the obsolete design, find the colony ship and make it obsolete again. This makes it "unobsolete" and it can be queued up again. Once I have queued up enough new colony ships, I make it obsolete again. I do the same with the bus design, because I want the low industry worlds to build troops or system ships instead of endless supplies of troop ships.

The negative percentage in research could be due to me forgetting to remove Colin's mod before playing my round. :smoke: If it is indeed the case, then we have put in more RP during my round then what was needed for the next level, I hope this doesn't screw up the rest of our game, sorry about that. This is a very annoying feature of MOO III. The directory structure hints at the possibility of having multiple mod versions (because of the "classic_01" directory level) yet I find no method of telling the game what mod to use. The option screen should have a place to select the directory branch I want to use for a particular game and the save game should store that information so that the game will read in the correct game when I reload it. Then for MP and SG, we would only have to make sure we use the same directory name with the same mod files in it.

The next player should design a corvette size orbital full of fighters and build some in our frontier worlds, like Slkim and Milonni. If the new techtable.txt is active in our game, such an orbital will cost less than 300 AU and packs quite a punch against single task force attacks.

I like your plan, we need many troop ships to make it succeed as we will want to capture the silicoid worlds rather than destroying them. . It might be time to design an APC type troop ship with decent shields and armor so that they can follow the navy in combat.

Roster:
Jaxom
Sulla
Darken -> Up
Vek -> On deck (watch your head on the way up :) )

P.S.: Don't forget to install the data patch before taking your turn Darken. Also, make sure you have no other mods active.

Nicely done, Sullla !

I will continue the war against the Ithkul and see about creeping up towards the Silicoids.

I'll not get a chance to play until late tonight, but will play and post at some point tonight.

I haven't been messing around with any of the mods yet, so no chance of that getting in the way. I'll get the data patch installed before my round, too.

Darken.Rahl

Sorry this took me longer than I said it would. Had to work a bit more on both Friday and this weekend than I anticipated, and then got caught up with a bit of Galactic Civilizations, too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I installed the Data Patch before getting started.

Turn 222: I notice that our Technology Matrix remains a bit "funny": We are at lvl 24 Economics and -684% towards the next level, lvl 25 Energy and -484% towards the next level, lvl 26 math and -409% towards the next level, lvl 25 Physical Science and -192% towards the next level, and lvl 25 Social Scienes and -530% towards the next level. I am noting these numbers to see how they change over my 9 turns.

I move our colony ship at Psi Leonis to Unuk, deploy our 2 colony fleets at Unuk, deploy a small garrison force at Esra, and move our Armada of Doom from Esra to Karduin (however, we leave the transports behind until we know what we're facing at Karduin)

Turn 223: Quianne Aueri, a somewhat effective scientific leader, emerges. We like him, so we let him stay.
The Sariar empire declares war on us
We vote "Nay" on the Praise Sariar bill. Take that you warmongers !
We decide not to second the Declare Total War on the New Orions bill
We attack Karduin I with no casulties. Unfortunately, since I picked to Watch the battle, it is auto-bombarded and destroyed.

Turn 224: Ivaq asks us to improve our research TA. We say OK.
The Declare Total War on the New Orions bill fails to get anyone to second it.
We have 4 new colonies to zone -- Unuk I is made into a research colony, Unuk 2 and 3 are mixed colonies, and Silnth 3 is made into an industrial colony
We send the 2 transports to Karduin, now that we know resistence is light

Turn 225: We kill an Ithkul Colony detachment with the Esra light garrison force
We blockade Karduin so the transports can arrive
Dekalip the Tachidi tells us relations are improving
We kill a Vomnast spy

Turn 226: Sariar sends 6 ships to attack our 6 ships at Milonni. We pick Defend Planet, and there is no combat.
At Silnth, we intercept a GD-602-SYAM fleet with our 15 ships vs. their 3 ships. We defeat them, but we win with our guns as their 3 ships are able to shoot down all of our fighters
Our ground troops conquer Karduin 3 !
We deploy a 6 ship LR Flotilla at Milonni to defeat the Sariar incursion
We send the Armada of Doom along to Zibeline

Turn 227: We now have odds of 13 vs. 6 at Milonni. We like these odds, so we intercept and destroy the Sariar fleet
We insert a 10/10/35/100 Social spy on the Sariar because they have annoyed us.
Ivaq introduces a Praise Sariar bill. Even though we like Ivaq, we decline to second this one

Turn 228: The Armada of Doom notes that the 2 big fat planets at Zibeline are defenseless. Send up the ground forces !
Vomnast ends their war with us
The Praise Sariar bill finds a second. We vote Nay again.
We colonize Esra 2 and make it an industrial world

Turn 229: Our scout is attacked by Vomnast at Yaddith. We pick hold position and there is no combat. I then retreat our scout to Tukan.
We blockade the lightly populated but very big worlds at Zibeline so the ground team can conquer these worlds
Our war with Sariar has ended.
The Antaran expedition has lost a ship trying to discover a destination. Antaran expedition ? We sent one of those ?
Vomnast declares war
The Psilons ask for a Research TA. We say OK.

Turn 230: We assault Zibeline 2. Our mobile army (strength 623) is able to gain 2 regions
Sariar declares war
We kill New Orions and Vomnast spies
We colonize Esra 5 and make it an industrial world

Inter-turn: Our scout at Tukan is attacked by 3 Vomnast ships and killed.
Our ground forces conquer Zibeline 1 and Zibeline 2 ! We had numerical superiority (650 to 50), and picked high intensity, high collateral damage, and the "sweep" tactic. We didn't lose many troops in either battle.

Turn 231: Dekalip declares war
Colony ships land at Esra 6 and Esra 7
The Gaulrdu submit a Praise New Orions bill

End of turns summary:

The Ithkul are down to 6 planets: Skirnir which is close and lightly defended, Manzil which is close and heavily defended (19 system ships and I'm sure a few orbitals), Remus shared with the Dekalip which is a medium distance away and lightly defended, and a 3 world system at Saak which is deep in Dekalip territory and has medium defenses.

We have lots of ships ready, and a lot more in the queues.

Our technology is still in a sad state. We are at lvl 24 Economics and -517% towards the next level, lvl 25 Energy and -388 towards the next level, lvl 26 math and -318% towards the next level, lvl 25 Physical Science and -114% towards the next level, and lvl 25 Social Scienes and -349% towards the next level. Looks like we will climb out of the "negative research" hole, but it will take 20-40 turns.

We will conclude the war with the Ithkul somewhat soon. Options include attacking Dekalip, Vomnast, or both. I would be in favor of attacking Dekalip and saving Vomnast for later, as I believe Vomnast will be a harder nut to crack. Plus, we need to go through Dekalip to finish off the Ithkul.

Notes for Vek:

1.) There are 4 single ship colony detachments moving to Slinth, and there are 4 nice worlds to be colonized there
2.) Our Armada of Doom fleet is at Zibeline and could be used to attack Manzil or Skirmir or both
3.) You have several transports with Mobile Armies in them at Karduin
4.) Please turn migration on to Esra 6 and Esra 7. I tried to do so but of course that change was not remembered in the save game.

And the Save Game file

RBMoo1B_Turn231

Darken.Rahl

Originally posted by Darken.Rahl
We will conclude the war with the Ithkul somewhat soon. Options include attacking Dekalip, Vomnast, or both. I would be in favor of attacking Dekalip and saving Vomnast for later, as I believe Vomnast will be a harder nut to crack. Plus, we need to go through Dekalip to finish off the Ithkul.

Darken.Rahl

Yes, but the Tachidi have maintained good relations with us and might even vote for us in the Senate. The Sillicoids (Vomnast) hate our guts and have a much larger share of the votes than the Dekalip. We have tons of enemies already; why pick a fight with an ally? I outlined a fairly straight-forward path to reach Vomnast in my turn summary, and even if we don't want to attack them, we'd be better off fighting the nearby Sariar. Either lizards or rocks would be a good fight (lessening their vote total while increasing ours); fighting the bugs wouldn't seem to be as wise to me. And we don't have to kill the Ithkul after all, just getting them down to a few tiny scattered planets should be plenty. :)

That's true, I forgot about the Sariar. They would make a fine target, too.

Right now (as of Turn 231), the Dekalip have declared war on us, so they are officially not an ally, even though our Casus Belli with them is +32 and our Current Relations are +85. I guess it is probably one of the many 1-turn wars the AI does, but they declared, we did not.

Our relations with the Silicoids are definitely worse: -70 Casus Belli, and -116 Current Relations.

You're right, we don't have to destroy the Ithkul entirely, we can just leave them in a severly weakened state. I tend to get a bit focused on total annihilation when there are no other immediately pressing threats. It definitely is not necessary from an overall strategic perspective.

I guess the whole "Declare Total War on RBMoo 1B" active Senate bill could be complicating the Dekalip's view of us, as they did say they liked our actions once during my round.

Darken.Rahl

Good job exterminating the leeches Darken. The research situation is weird but I think we can finish the game anyway.

I have found something interesting the spreadsheet. It looks like each Ithkul population is worth 0.6 vote in the senate while humanoid population (Human, Evon and Psilon) are worth 1.15 vote. It may be a better strategy to glass the Ithkul worlds and pluck down our own human colonies. We have enough terraforming techs to turn yellow-yellow worlds into green-green. If we do that, we have to be careful not to let the Viceroy build colony ships on our non-human worlds. The best way to do that is to put 5-packs of colony ships in some of our human world then obsolete the colony ship design. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

The "Declare total war" is a wash. There should be a diplomatic mean to remove that law but I can't find one. If it is by desgin then it is a weak design and I hope QSI considers giving us the diplomatic tools to combat diplomatic wars. If it was not the designers intent, then I guess the "Cease total war" bill is broken and need fixing.

We do have an Antarean expedition, read my last report. :) In short, when I deployed the generation 5 navy of doom (g5NOD for short :) ) there were some left over ships, mostly recon ships. To avoid seeing those obsolete ships pop up in our future g6NOD and ruin our cloaking cover, I was about to scrap them. I figured I might as well send them on a wild goose chase and get some use out of them.

I agree with Sulla on the strategic evaluation, we have enough enemies as it is so we are better off attacking those who already hate our guts. Besides, I'd like to see if we can turn Dekalip into a strong ally. Sulla did a great job at that during his round, let's build on the solid foundation he laid for us. Dekalip probably declared war on us because of an alliance with Sariar, did you check their diplomatic status? Maybe we need to propose a total war bill on Sariar but I think Ivaquaria is allied with Sariar as well. In any case, we still have plenty of work to do on the Ithkul and we have a straight route into silicoid territory, once Mob centers are built in our new Ithkul possessions.

Milloni seems to come under frequent attack, it might be a good idea to design a frigate size orbital and build some on Milloni. With the data patch, missiles are far less effective. Design the orbital with fighters or LR guns. Unfortunatly, we have no mounts bigger than spinal so fighters seems like the way to go.

Roster:
Jaxom -> On deck
Sulla
Darken
Kaervek -> Up, have fun!

*smacks head coming up from below deck*

Ow

Alrighty, I've got it. Not sure how much time I am going to have, but I will make a go at it

--Vek

Hi! My name is Ragnoff (obviously! <grin>) and Jaxom as said I could join your SG team in progress. I have had moo3 since release, love it in spite of its flaws (which I do see as being fixed in the data and the next code patch) and have play several games to completion (all senate victories or losses). I am reading through this thread and should be caught up later tonight.

I was intrigued by this idea of succession games, I just discoverd RB last night, and was very excited by the idea!!!

Not sure what else to say via intro, I have downloaded the updated patch (4/15) and cannot wait to get involved!

Hello Ragnoff, welcome to our nightmare :)

To all others, I said before that I'd like to have a fifth player so if nobody objects, Ragnoff will take the game after Kaervek.

I am going to try the imperium game as well as this one. I see these as explorations at this point rather than compititions, although my understanding is that usually the teams in a SG ar competing with one another a d the imperiums will be scored, I do not know what is used for comparison!

Anyway... A couple points about this SG...

It looks like the total war against us was what kicked us out of the senate in the days of our forfathers (or at least the days of our grandfathers). A side effect of TW is immediate exoulsion if you were a senate member. Obviously we can get back in in spite of the ongoing war, but that bill will cause relations to be hestitant even with those who would otherwise be longtime allies. If we can get the war to end, Dekalip (Tachidi) may become a stonger ally.

There is a bill in the Orion senate call "Cease Total (or Limited) War Against... that appears as the last bill only when a limited or total war exisits, otherwise it is not visable. It may be that we cannot propose such a lifting if we are the target of the war, but I will look into this if Vek has not done so.

Defensive spies, many on IGmoo forums believe that when spies are on defence, and type of spy is as good as any other, the misson is irrelevant on defence. This is rumored to come from a dev, but I was not able to find that orriginal post (I have not tlooked to hard, I will try again)

Additionally, the manual states that instead of cloak being the spies defensive ability and dager offensive, that these are both offensive stats. Dagger is how likely a spy will complet his mission, cloak is how good they are at staying hidden. Thus, a high dagger low cloak will do a lot of damae, but get caught very quickly, while a high cloak low dagger may remain in the enemy empire for a longer time, but is less liekly any given turn to accomplish something. Low both should stay on defense, as they are both ineffective and easily caught, and the high both are those ones who kill several leaders or blow up a number of things in a row! I realize these are different assumptions about spies (especially about type not mattering on defense) than the team is currently operating under, and I am not 100% certain I am right, but this seems to gel with my experiance. Thoughts?

Finally, if I understand it, we are going for a senate victory, and while we have enough votes that we can likely keep the NO in power for now, we cannot be a candidate ourselves untill we have the highers population. We are increasing or popluation both through developement and conquest. If this is the case, then begining to conquer someone besides the harvesters makes sences, as each harvest pop point is only worth .6 of a vote in the senate (we are capturing them and not exterminating them, right?). I also understand that we have nto desided on the next opponent, but are favoring either Vomnast (Sillicoid), Gaulrdu (Sakkra), or Sariar (Imsaies).

I had some other thoughts after reading the thread last night (was up to late to post) but they seem to have slipped my mind.. I will post if/when I remember..

I am going to try the imperium game as well as this one. I see these as explorations at this point rather than compititions, although my understanding is that usually the teams in a SG ar competing with one another a d the imperiums will be scored, I do not know what is used for comparison!

Anyway... A couple points about this SG...

It looks like the total war against us was what kicked us out of the senate in the days of our forfathers (or at least the days of our grandfathers). A side effect of TW is immediate exoulsion if you were a senate member. Obviously we can get back in in spite of the ongoing war, but that bill will cause relations to be hestitant even with those who would otherwise be longtime allies. If we can get the war to end, Dekalip (Tachidi) may become a stonger ally.

There is a bill in the Orion senate call "Cease Total (or Limited) War Against... that appears as the last bill only when a limited or total war exisits, otherwise it is not visable. It may be that we cannot propose such a lifting if we are the target of the war, but I will look into this if Vek has not done so.

Defensive spies, many on IGmoo forums believe that when spies are on defence, and type of spy is as good as any other, the misson is irrelevant on defence. This is rumored to come from a dev, but I was not able to find that orriginal post (I have not tlooked to hard, I will try again)

Additionally, the manual states that instead of cloak being the spies defensive ability and dager offensive, that these are both offensive stats. Dagger is how likely a spy will complet his mission, cloak is how good they are at staying hidden. Thus, a high dagger low cloak will do a lot of damae, but get caught very quickly, while a high cloak low dagger may remain in the enemy empire for a longer time, but is less liekly any given turn to accomplish something. Low both should stay on defense, as they are both ineffective and easily caught, and the high both are those ones who kill several leaders or blow up a number of things in a row! I realize these are different assumptions about spies (especially about type not mattering on defense) than the team is currently operating under, and I am not 100% certain I am right, but this seems to gel with my experiance. Thoughts?

Finally, if I understand it, we are going for a senate victory, and while we have enough votes that we can likely keep the NO in power for now, we cannot be a candidate ourselves untill we have the highest population. We are increasing or popluation both through developement and conquest. If this is the case, then begining to conquer someone besides the harvesters makes sences, as each harvest pop point is only worth .6 of a vote in the senate (we are capturing them and not exterminating them, right?). I also understand that we have nto desided on the next opponent, but are favoring either Vomnast (Sillicoid), Gaulrdu (Sakkra), or Sariar (Imsaies).

I had some other thoughts after reading the thread last night (was up to late to post) but they seem to have slipped my mind.. I will post if/when I remember..

Top Bottom