RBMoo SG 1 - Oh the Humanity - Team B

Welcome to the game. Remember: We are normal. It's the rest of the world that is crazy

Also: I am not going to be able to play until Friday (Passover). Either you can skip me or wait a few days, doesn't make a difference to me. If Rag wants to play now, I can take my turn after him.

--Vek

Edit: Haha! Corner again

Caught it, playing now (Fri afternoon) so hopefully I can get this doen and vek can do another tonight.

Ragnoff

It is a great honor and a great responsibility, being nominated to the office of CEO of B team. Several days were spent examining the current position and carefully reading notes from the prior CEO before any move to act was made. Specifically, careful molestation of the current position of both ourselves are potential enemies and allies. One thing of note, although not as significant as other problems, certainly vexing is that I am not as skilled in reporting as other CEOs. I do not know how to set the colored text that so easily designated a separate actions, hopefully I shall learn.

I begin by examining migration is requested by the previous CEO, migration is set for both Esra 6 & 7. In doing so, I noticed that migration is still center a great many of worlds are already highly populated, I make it my first mission to examine our tourists and relocation office, with the intention to encourage migration to those worlds that are lowering population and are understaffed in running their glorious economies. Five planets with populations over 20 had migration orders canceled, while all planets with populations of less than 10 have migration orders set, excepting only those three that are totally dominated by harvesters. A less squeamish CEO may not have difficulty encouraging our most populous race, humans, to move to a world where the dominant species considers them menu items, but I was not able to give such orders.

My second set of orders regard diplomacy, something that seems to be hotly discussed by the executive council. I decided to attempt to minimize the impact of the total war bill by attempting to get cease-fire declared by all races except for the dreaded harvesters. To Beononi (Psylons) I offer an intelligence agreement, mostly so we can learn the extent of their worlds.. At least at first, the easily my early goals, re-establish peace with his many empires as possible and strengthening our relationships with Beononi and Ivaquaria. Dekalip is allied with Beononi and Ivaquaria, and thus I believe we should work to attempt to re-establish relationships there. However Sariar is allied with both Vomnast and Gaulrdu, some of any industry of them become our next target, relations with the others will worsen and evolve into war. I consider these three a triumvirate of opposition, and will not work hard to regain any of their regard. In fact, I seriously considering attempting to get them removed from the Senate. However, I hold on such drastic measure at this point.

As far as imperial finances go, we are hugely ahead here, with the balance of almost 77,000 AU. I switch our policy to spending and dump a fair amount of additional money into R&D, hoping to jumpstart our research again. I'll monitor this over the early years of my stewardship.

Militarily, I concur that we do not need to completely eliminate the harvesters, four of their planets are in Dekalip territory, and therefore are their problem. However, Manzil & Skirmir will fall. 1 IF Armada, 1 transport fleet and a squadron of short-range defenders are sent to the under defended Skirnir, while the rest of the fleet of do and another army are sent to Manzil.

time...
passes (232)

Military - 12 orbitals defended Manzil - many loaded with missiles, and initial incoming way of of missiles and fighters seemed overwhelming, however, it was not until the third wave that was unleashed by the enemy forces that our short-ranged Armada finally succumbed to the last vessel. By this time, their system fleet was so much floating space junk, half their orbitals as well as all planetary installations had been leveled, the outcome of the battle was assured, and the remaining orbitals salvos could not penetrate the point defense fire. The world is highly developed, in spite of the additional risk to our space forces, bombing was not authorized. Hopefully the armies would be able to take this planet in the next battle.

Cloak&Dagger - we lost our last leader due to assassins.
Diplomacy - the voted appraising New Orions, hoping to raise our relationship with them in order to get them to seize the total war against us, seconded a junk tracking law to see other ships more accurately, and accepted a defensive alliance offer to us by Beononi (psi)

Colonization 2 G+ and one Y1g-rich world in Silnth are setteled, their zoning is left to local vicroys.

time...
passes (233)

Military -- Vomnast forces appear above Slkim and a short-range Armada was created at Alya to track the invaders down... the battle for Manzil continues.. over five orbitals were rebuilt, however their carrier orbitals, and their fighters were insufficient to penetrate armor and our shields in the time it took us to destroy them.

Science -- telepathic training has been completed, they should give our spies a boost.

Diplomacy -- Beononi (psi) accepts our intelligence offer, Sariar agrees to cease-fire, we remain at war with the other empires.

Cloak & Daggar -- We are still suffering unrest from foreign agents, and losing a few buildings.

Colonization -- Both outposts at Esra develop into colonies.

time...
passes (234)

Military - the battle for Manzil continues.. five orbitals were rebuilt again, and a third of our doomsday fleet was lost, primarily picket and passport ships from each of our Armadas. However, on this turn the ground invasion of both of the Harvester worlds begins - a foothold is established Both worlds.

Diplomacy - we attract a new leader - Saust Hessara -we will add 15 percent toward diplomacy, additionally our war with the Mecklars had ended (like peace).

time...
passes (235)

Military -- While we successfully conquered Skirnir, the battle for Manzil does poorly, new troops should arrive soon.

Construction -- as has been happening all through my term as CEO, many clients are completing improvements. Additionally, a number of colonies ships standby and are ready to use. I have obsoleted the colony design, but not removed any currently in progress from the ques. I do not know where these colonies ships were intended to be deployed, but the next CEO will have a number of them in reserve and ready.

Diplomacy -- unfortunately those empires that we were at peace with three declared their wars, and Dekalip continues to refuse to cease-fire. Only our allies stand firm, and becoming concerned about maintaining friendships I offer Beononi a full alliance.

time...
passes (236)

Military -- our garrison force in Phelot suffered losses repelling a Vomnast attack, while the force bombarding Slkim has been destroyed. The second army are arriving at Manzil turns the tide, the planet is captured. The harvesters are no longer a threat to us. I move the short-range Armada which finally track down the invaders to the system of Aeient.. This is an empty system that will prevent Vomnast from hitting the our northern colonies through the wormhole. He has colonies on this side of that blockade system, specifically at Miram and Phi Bootis. If we decided to war against the Rock Lords, these two systems must be conquered. I decided to leave all deployed armies on the conquered harvester systems for now, the next CEO can determine attaches to disband those armies.

Diplomacy -- our diplomatic leader was short-lived, assassins took him down. Nevertheless, a white peace ends our war with Dekalip and I move quickly to offer him agreements attempting to secure the peace. Meanwhile a jump lane tracking law passes and the NO are praised in spite of their objection. Tiring of the constant interference of Vomnast, I asked the Senate to declare total war against him.

time...
passes (237)

Diplomacy - the few remaining harvester planets are so far from our systems we have lost contact with that empire. I accept a nonaggression pact offered by Dekalip

Colonization - one planet in Manzil is green to us, and colonies ships are sent to the system.

time...
passes (238)

Exploration -- incredible mailers, the entire expedition has made a partial archeological discovery!!!!! (note to corportate staff, I have no clue what we do next).

Cloak & Dagger -- two spies of the Rock people have been discovered, how did they possibly hide themselves our society?

Colonization -- Unrest from the newly captured harvester planets is all but gone.

time...
passes (239)

Construction - the choice to limit collateral damage when capturing Manzil proved to be as hourlong. The world industry is largely intact in the mobilization center will be rebuilt by the next cycle. This gives us a mobilization center on the front lines if we choose to invade Vomnast. And other news, another large number of colonies ships were completed. I do not know how many moreare in the ques, but we should have enough to found several very successful colonies.

time...
passes (240)

Colonization -- rechecked migration orders, migration to some system uses incredible, they have risen by over Chen population points in my turns alone. Again, it is for the next CEO to decide whether the low density Harvester worlds shall be marked for colonization.

Diplomacy -- Basic trade, research, and nonaggression treaties have been concluded with Dekalip.

End of an age!!!!!
As I began turn 241, I was presented with a vote for the Orion Senate. The vote was between US and the leader of the Ivaquaria... that means this is the very last turn of the game (I thought). I presumed that the New Orions are too insignificant to maintain control of the Senate, however they may have the deciding vote in who succeeds them. I saved the game at this point. Our Antarian Expedition made another partial archeological discovery, and a large number of improvements were built throughout the planets are empire, but aside from mobilization centers at both Manzil and Silnth, nothing of consequence was built this turn.

I cannot resist voting for our human empire and simply advancing to the next cycle, as it seemed all other entries in this report may have been reduced too insignificance. I find myself to be significantly mistaken, as on the following turn we receiving notice at a new Orion to maintain control of the Senate! Check air victory conditions, we garnered 15 percent of the Senate vote, and I am assuming that our allies also had under 50 percent. So while the vote was between ourselves and our allies, neither side mustered the 50 percent vote needed to displace the New Orions. Both challengers failed probably due to many empires abstaining from the vote!!! In any case, I did not actually taking actions on turn to 41, I had just simply wanted to see if the game was over. So use save 241 save above, (I would still be sure to vote for ourselves just in case that matter).

For my successor:
1) You have diplomatic offers to consider.
2) The Armadas at Manzil should probably be disbanded in rebuilt, as most of them are down to 10-12 ships. Also at this system is the colony ship detachment that can be landed on the green planets in that system. Finally the transport squadron that is there does contain a full mobile army, but the transport ships are older, slower transports. That can be disbanded and upgraded to newer transport ships or left as is.
3) New expansion target. We need a much larger population, and thus we need a new target for expansion. Although we are currently not at war with Vomnast and the rock people do to a white peace. I guess as you'll see that read declare immediately. Additionally, it seems that we are likely in a permanent state of war with the Meclars and with Sariar of the Imsaeis. This last enemy still shows very good relations with us, so they may be dragged in other alliance with the other too. If this is so, it might still be possible to avert that war. As Vomnast is the only one of our enemies who has actually sent small fleets against us, I suggest that we turn our efforts in his direction.

I do hope you enjoyed this report, I had a lot of fun playing these turns and writing this report!
Turn 241

Sirian has been seriously offensive and degrading to me on the IGmoo board because, as far as I can tell, I disagreed with his crusade for a tech pace slowdown. I cannot be a part of a board or game supported and run by someone who acts in this manner, so I am terminating my account on RBmoo. I do appologize toyou, my new teammates, and want you to know I did not intend this.

Good luck!!! I will still follow this thread, and I hope you give them hell.

Ragnoff

Sorry to hear that Rag. Feel free to come back if you want to.

Anyway, on to my report

Military: I have started the war on the Rocks. We have almost 90 ships in that area, the next few people should be able to steamroll over the Rocks and claim those star systems.

Economy: There have been some unrest problems, so I have lowered taxes on a few planets. No major unrest, and we still have plenty of cash, so all is good.

Espionage: Spies are terrorizing our citizens. I didn't touch the Oppressometer, but the next person (Jaxom?) might want to. So far, it is not *too* bad, but it may get worse

Diplomacy: I have really been trying to make friends with people. Relationships with the Ivaq are still good, and I think the Sariar are coming around. It would be a good idea to befriend as many people as possible, as I assume we are going for a senate win?

Now for a question: What is up with the Cease Total War thing? Does someone else have to say stop?

Well, those were my turns. The next few people are going to have fun smashing Rocks. There is nothing like seeing 83 ships unload on a planet. :die:

Here is the turn: Turn 251

More advances made on Vonmast with little losses. A few obsolete technologies were stolen from them and we are slowly getting out of the research hole. Sariar, Dekalip and Beonomi kept declaring war and breaking our treaties but I kept on making new treaties with them at the first occasion. A look at our new possessions in former Vonmast territory.

This include a look at the voting power from my first and last turn. During my watch, I proposed a bill to declare total war on Vonmast, the bill became law by a wide margin. Silicoid planets joined our cause in Proxima, Ungal, Bootis and Phi Bootis. Miram was partly taken over.

Miram still has one Silicoid planet, I ran out of troops. You can send a new troop transport from Phi Bootis which just built its mobilization center. Unuk, SW of Phi Bootis, needs some piracy control, try to send some ships that way. Check the MBQ our top industry worlds, try to build the same ship type in 5-packs when one finish. A battle will occur at Onoalagona on the next turn, it should be an easy win. I think we should press on the rocks after regrouping our ships over Bootis.

If you re-organize our TF, please try not to mix gen 5 with gen 6. Also, do put more than 2 recon ships, I had trouble finding the enemy ships with our gen 6 TF. I recommend using 5 PD ships and 5 recon ships with our IF and carriers. LR and SR gunships don't need PD ships, put more gunships. Try not to mix SR and LR ships, this negates the power of a specialize design.

Turn 261 save

Jaxom
Sulla -> Up
Darken -> On deck
Ragnoff
Vek

@Ragnoff: it's your loss, not ours. If you reconsider, leave a message before Darken post his turn. Otherwise, we'll go back to a 4 player rotation.

Have fun!

You are correct, it would be my loss not to continue, I plead temporary insanity. I was under the (incorrect) assumption the RBmoo was Sirian's show. While I still do not think I could be on a team with him, he is not on this team, and I would like to continue.

It was simply amazing to me that we had a vote between our allies and ourselves for the role of president and the NO kept it because niether had 50% of the vote!

BTW, I do not know if you are checking the IGmoo boards, but the patch there looks great!

Ragnoff

I planned to play tonight, right after the NHL game between the Stars and Mighty Ducks finished. Six hours and five overtime periods later when the game finally ended (4th-longest ever), it was a little too late to get to the next turn. :)

I'll have it finished within the next 24 hours though, never fear.

I forgot to mention in my round report that our Antarean expedition made a discovery and is now on its way back home with an Antarean X.

X-cellent. :hammer: Once you have it secured, time to X-amine it. Please provide screens. I don't believe Sulla is the only one with no X-perience in this area. :lol:

- Sirian

Well it could take up to 50 turns before the fleet turns back in, the game might be over by then. One thing our team players should watch for, on the turn the expedition returns, you should raise the O-meter to the max tolerance. An X can be stolen and we have many unfriendly neighbors spying on us.

(0) 261 Set up a transport to invade the last Sillicoid planet on Miram. I send all the generation 6 ships there to Bootis to prepare for the next push forward, while leaving the mixed gen 5/6 TF (a bad call there, I have to say) over the hostile planet to ensure no ships can get in or out of the system. Not to be picky, but why is Manzil VII - our #2 industry world - working on a HAWK Defense? We might want to produce some capital ships out of there. I go through our planets list and laboriously change production where appropriate, mostly just incresing funding where the silly viceroys cut it to build a DEA improvement and never slotted it back up again. We have a ton of ships in our reserves, but unfortunately not enough to form a new task force of anything; we need more of our big capital ships for that. With that done, I end the turn.

(1) 262 We occupy Onoalagona with ease, but the fleet I had left behind on Miriam is unable to defeat the planetary defense base there. The main TF there was a short-range attack one - a group which had been slowed down to a system speed of 300. I don't know who organized that TF, but no short-range attack TF should ever be that slow. Time ran out before we managed to reach the other planet. God that was boring to watch. A leader of ours dies and another one show up randomly. Do they serve ANY point in this game? Dekalip refuses to accept our cease-fire... and then ends the war anyway for no reason. Diplomacy in this game needs some major work still, I tell you. We discover an Antaran X this turn, though! Sweet! We are currently research X#3; I have no idea exactly what this means, but hopefully we will discover it soon. Create a temporary short-range TF to go clean up the Miriam system, while sending some outdated ships to serve as police force in the Unuk system. I had mistakenly thought that there was a transport force already headed to Onoalagona; since there wasn't, I create one this turn and send it that way.

(2) 263 Despite crushing all the ships in the Onoalagona system, there are now magically more ships there this turn. I must confess that I do not understand this game at times. How did they get there? They're system ships, not starships, so they must have been produced since last turn (?) Dekalip redeclares war on us this turn...

OK, that's it. This game makes no freakin sense whatsoever. The declare/undeclare/redeclare war thing here is just the straw on the camel's back. I'm truly sorry, but this game is just an absolute waste of time to play out. These turns are not fun at all for me, they've become an enormously un-entertaining drain on my time. I'm trying very hard to like Moo3, but it is not liking me back. I hate do this, but I just don't want to continue. I'm finding myself making excuses to do anything other than play these turns; this morning I chose to solve differential equasions over playing this game. Not because I had to, but because I wanted to. :eek: That says to me that I've lost the fun factor completely. It's a shame too, but the release version of this game is just SO bad that I can't stomach playing it any longer. The data patch doesn't do jack from my limited observations so far either. When a game supposedly for entertainment value is driving you to do actual work, it's not worth it anymore.

Please drop me from the roster. I want to say it's nothing any of you have done, I've learned quite a bit from this game and had a good time in the early going. :) My beef is with the game itself, at least the unmodded version. I'm going to try IMP1 and see if that goes better; if not, I'm done with Moo3 until the first major patch comes out. Best of luck, and I'll still be following this thread to see what happens. :goodjob:

(I'm not posting a save, as I didn't do anything other than screw up a few orders.)

Jaxom
Darken <<< UP NOW
Ragnoff <<< on deck
Vek

I am sorry you feel that way Sulla, I hoped you would stick with us until the end. Hopefully, the code patch will make the game more interesting, but I don't think it will truly shine until the 3rd patch, if we ever get there.

In any case, I played from turn 261 to check a couple of things. Manzil was wroking on an Hawk to complete its own piracy control fleet. It was almost ready to join our top industry world in building capital ships.

You had transports going to Onoalagona, they were probably destroyed in the battle. I took control of the battle and lost one transport but our fleet prevailed and Onoalagona was taken over.

I didn't move the navy away from Miram since the system was not cleared. So I defeated the planetary bases easily and took over the planet.

All this was too little, too late however. On turn 263 a senate vote was called, which resulted in this...

I guess we started our push forward too late, Ivaquaria was too far ahead. It is really annoying not to see how the votes were cast, it leaves a feeling of "So what, we loose."

Thanks to all for playing this game, let's hope we have a better game to play by the end of May.

Well, that is less fun than optimal. Though I guess losing to our ally is better to losing to an enemy.

I enjoyed playing with this team. Jaxom, I thought our "discussions" were fruitful, and highly educational at least for me. Sullla and Vek, I thought you played your turns very well.

I don't like losing much, but I am glad this game has come to an end. I agree strongly with Sullla that the game is marginally playable and certainly not very fun in its current form. Though I still think I probably would prefer to play Moo3 than solve diffy-Q's "for the heck of it" :)

While I continue to hold out hope that the code patch will improve the fun factor for me, I have compensated by playing a lot of Galactic Civilizations instead lately.

Thanks a lot for the experience, team. Hopefully we will play together again if the game ever gets fixed.

Darken.Rahl

Ouch. That hurts.

Well, I guess that is that. It has been good fun. : ) And I have definatly learned alot. I enjoyed playing with you guys. If Senate Victory had been off, we would have smoked them all.

:die:

Well, time to time IMP1 and see how that goes.

--Vek

Hey, guys. Kudos on seeing the game all the way through. :goodjob:

I know it was a mixed bag. Imp1 doesn't address all of these problems or even most of them, but most of them ARE being addressed in the upcoming patch, and in the mean time, the comparisons and discussions from Imp1 -- whether you participate or just lurk -- will bring a lot of things to daylight, reveal some of what is broken, why it's broken, and whether or not the broken things are being addressed in the patch. My run at the game is over, and I can honestly say I had fun with it.

I hope you all had some fun with the SG. I'll try to make sure we learn the lessons available here, so that any future SG's provide a better experience -- and that is also part of why I shifted from pushing a second SG into giving the tournament its first shot.

I enjoyed following along with your results here. Thanks!

- Sirian

Ha! Figures I would play up to turn 263 and then be too frustrated to continue. Even one more turn and I could have lost the game myself without making Jaxom jump in. :lol:

Yeah it was fun, but we definitely fell too far behind in the early stages. I don't think Moo3 is particularly well suited to SG play, at least not in the easy way that Civ3 is. Irregardless of the outcome, the game was highly educational for me and I'm sure everyone involved. I'll be giving IMP1 a go to see how things play out, and I hope the game comparisons will prove revealing on what works well in the game and what doesn't. I just hope I can "get into" that game and avoid a repeat of what happened here.

Best of luck to all of you! :)

Top Bottom