RBP11b - We, the People - Emperor Team

I'm going out of town in the morning, and won't be able to play until Monday night.

Since I'd rather not miss my turn due to the 24-hour rule, I'll put in a pre-emptive 'got it' now, and will pick up the game from Arathorn once I get back.

Renata

Short story short. Declared war on Aztecs. Took a couple of cities. Got a couple more for peace. England should die on Renata's turn. Then, the next player can prune the eastern Iroquois holdings in the north. Player after that gets to finish off the Aztecs and then the next player the Iroquois...probably. I had wrteched luck, but we're fine.

I'm getting Cleveland set up as an every-other-turn worker factory. It needs a couple hills mined and a bit of TLC (irrigate the game after the chop completes). It might need a harbor, too, but I'm not sure...depends on corruption.

Have fun, Renata!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/rbp11b-350bc.zip

Arathorn

Hi all, I'm back from vacation and I will be able to play in my normal order. Thanks!

I apologize; I just haven't been able to find any time to play. Please drop me from the rotation, since I have no idea when things will lighten up.

Sorry. :(

Renata

Oh well, my turns went not as well as I'd have liked to...should be more carefull when defending cities.

I built primary imrovements until the cities had everything they needed, went for horsemen after that.

Declared war on England in 330bc, razed Liverpool, took Coventry, Warwick and Dover without significant losses (1 archer and 1 horseman), but then the English razed Atzcap... because their regular warrior defeated a vet. spear, war weariness kicked in and I decided to make peace with the English. They are down to one city which we should be able to take at any time -I did not want to invest about 300 gold in luxury tax for that one -especially because it might delay further attacks.

There were no tech deals possible during my turns -I got literature during peace negotiations with England and Feudalism has just shown up among the others: You can buy it if you want to -I did not see any point in giving the AI money right now: the'd use it for spear>pike upgrades.

I think, we should go for the Atztecs now: we can take a couple of cities (including their capital and the spices) and make peace for Feudalism (or a good discount on this at least), then build up some libraries and start research after Engineering -we have a strong economy and I do not think that relying on the others' research makes much sense.

The save

A tentative got it.

I can definitely play it, probably this evening. However, I don't have easy net access until Monday. If I can I will try and hijack a connection for a few minutes to upload the file, but if not then it will be my full 24 + 48 to play. If this is a problem and I get skipped then I promise I won't cry :)

Not a problem, TriviAl. I took my full time over the weekend, too. And it's 24+72 in Arathorn games! ;) I like to keep the game moving, but I prefer not to skip if people are playing and trying to get on. If you can hijack a connection, GREAT! If not, we'll all be waiting (im)patiently for your turns. Have fun.

Arathorn

Unfortunately I didn't manage to borrow a net connection, but the waiting is over... one of these days they'll lay down electric and phone lines to this corner of England and I can get my own connection to this 'interweb' thing :)

Pre Turn - looks good. We have 8 turns of peace left with Aztecs, 17 with the English. Will build a little.

I continued working our lands. Was forced to up the lux rate to 30% to avoid hiring a bunch of clowns. Built a number of libraries - we are economically strong enough to start researching our own tech, which we will need to do soon.

The ottomans finished the Great Library and later Sun Tzus! Sounds like there may be some more serious opposition on the map after all...

In 10AD peace with the Aztecs expired, time for war mk II! I demanded they remove troops - they declared :) Captured Teotihuacan - spices! Horses against pikes is not the ideal situation, but our retreat works well. 3 losses and 4 retreats for 2 kills. Killed a bunch of Aztec swords hiding in the jungles for a couple more casualties/retreats - that was most of their army.

At the moment, our horsemen are healing up for a concerted push towards Tenochtitlan, which should be suitably messy. Teotihuacan is a possible flip risk - we have more culture than the aztecs, but it is close to their capital... they are down to 5 cities. No war weariness as yet.

Don't forget Malinco - small city near Oxford/Coventry. I bypassed it in favor of other targets. It looks like we will lose a horseman there in the IBT.

I left the lux slider in place, even with our new luxury. Figure that if Teotihuacan flips we lose a luxury and the loss of a size 7 city would probably start war weariness... was just a temporary measure.

Here is the save and a picture of the war.

I see it. I 'got it', but I'm actually in a bit of a mini-feast, even in only two SGs. Probably won't even get started until Tuesday night.

Renata, if you're drowning in time and want to play tonight, let me know and we can swap turns.

Arathorn

Preturn – 50 AD – Wow it’s certainly been awhile since I played! We are… much bigger! Lots of workers are working in groups of one – are they automated? :eek: I hope not, as that’s a no-no in SG’s as far as I know. Things seem in order though – the Iros are up Feudalism. I do lower the lux tax, however.

Turn 1 – 70 AD – Nope those workers are ok – I just forgot how fast they are and that they don’t need to be bunched up! I prepare for an assault on Tenochitlan with a bunch of horses, but I’m skeptical. We could really use some swords up here.

BT – The Aztecs have MI.

Turn 2 – 90 AD Still moving in for attack. If this doesn’t work I’ll wait for Knights. Rushing quite a few temples here and there.

BT - Ottomans complete Leonardos!

Turn 3 – 110 A.D. Well the attack on the size 10 city with horsemen against pikes goes about like I expect – I kill a few but lose twice that number.

Turn 4 – 130 A.D. Regrouping for next attack. Waiting until we pull in engineering to trade for Feudalism.

BT – Contact! Xerxes calls up and offers Republic for 220 gold. Well, no! They are up Monotheism, Feudalism, and Engineering that I can see. Osman offers the same deal. Why, no thank you! Shaka offers the same deal! NO!!! Abu Bakr same. NOOOO!!! I give Hiawatha horses, ivory, and gems for Feudalism and Monotheism. I know this locks us into 20 turns of peace, but hey, a little building action is in order wouldn’t you say? He had the whole world map! The other continent has a large northern landmass shared by the Arabs, Ottomans, and Zulu while the Persians enjoy the southern landmass. In between lies a ravaged warzone.

Turn 5 – 150 A.D. - I buy Chivalry from the Ottomans for 460 gold and prepare to upgrade scores of horses. I get started this turn and upgrade 8 horses immediately, and I pull back the rest of the horses for upgrading rather than just suiciding them against Tenochitlan’s pikes.

Turn 6 – 170 A.D. Upgrade 11 more horses – Will take it to the Aztecs again soon.

BT – We pull in Engineering on min sci. Wow – WW hits an amazing peak – disorder everywhere – it’s up to 35%!!! Time to start Cathedrals. Ottomans build Sistine chapel.

Turn 7 – 190 A.D. I need to up lux tax to 40%!!!

Turn 8 – 210 A.D. Now attacking Tenochitlan with 17 Knights. And I still don’t get it. I had horrible RNG, losing 5 knights and retreating most of the others. I did kill off about 6 pikes, so Hopefully next turn I’ll get it. Then we can get peace maybe? WW is KILLING us.

Turn 9 – 230 A.D. Next turn I capture Tenochitlan!! I want to order up peace to relieve our war weariness. But I think we should use our current Knights to wipe them out. WW is so bad right now! Teno is such a flip rik I only put one defender in there in case it goes.

Turn 10 – 250 A.D. Well we are spread a little thin now – the next ruler may wish to a) build more Knights or b) call for peace with the Aztecs. Sorry about the brief report – I’m a little pressed for time tonight. Good luck! Some cities (St. Louis, Tlaxcala) are simply hopelessly war weary – I can’t stop the rioting without starving them down completely or turning up luxes to around 70% WW is up to 52%, so luxes have to go up to 60%. It may really be time to call for peace.

The Save

:eek:

Please don't *fry* fish ! :(

Fish are nice :D

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Top Bottom