RBP7 - Defiant Nationalists of China

Yes, I got started last night. Pyongong and Hyangsan are gone. Gems were claimed south of Salonika allowing us to go down to 20% luxes. Bombing started on Seoul.

Palace moved to Ningpo and improved our production slightly.

I found that we have a LOT of artillery. But not a lot of other units. It took me a couple of turns to learn that if a square isnt covered by an army or fortified behind walls, the Koreans will attack and likely kill the unit with tanks. So now that I know that, our unit numbers should increase nicely. I just hope that the Ottomans dont acquire tanks before we take out the Koreans.

I will try to finish up the turn tonight.

Sound like you are finishing them off. I have been pleasantly suprised that the Koreans haven't sold either MotTran or Electronics to the Ottomans at reduced prices. Maybe the Ottos don't have any cash at all. We probably nailed all of their cites that had economic improvements.

Since we are now at war if the Vikes as well, should we go ahead and produce a couple of transports to take them out as a side issue. It would reduce our research costs if nothing else.

meldor, things is, if we stay focused on the main competiton we will progress faster.

Now that we have tanks and artillery, we should be able to practically get Great Leaders at will, until we run out of targets, poor us. :(

Originally posted by Cartouche Bee
Now that we have tanks and artillery, we should be able to practically get Great Leaders at will, until we run out of targets, poor us. :(
Yes, but one has to have something to entertain oneself between the firng of those 100 odd artillery pieces.

Originally posted by Cartouche Bee
hehe, even I will likely stop producing artillery now, and get some open field maneuvers happening. ;)

Hehe, CB. Actually, I beat you to that one. I switched everything over to tanks and infantry, except maybe 1 city that the shields worked out best on artillery. Even for this one, I was tempted to build a cav.

As it stands now, there are more redlined enemy units defending size 1 bombed-down towns than we have units that can put them out of their misery. I had to FIND something to bomb on some occasions.

Did you get all of those stinking Korean ironclads while they were in port at Hyangsan? I was using them for extra target practice.....

I had the pleasure of bombing them all down again. I am tempted to use my next leader to rush a battleship in the southern sea. Actually, getting some navy down there will be good as we are obligated to take out Spain. We will also need some marines for their 1 tile island cities. But that is long-term thinking. Eliminating the Korean tank threat is the primary short-term goal.

RPB 7 – Defiant Nationalists

YEAR 5600 of our EMPIRE (0) Look around at all of the new lands that we have acquired.

IT Lose about 5 units to counters.

YEAR 5605 of our EMPIRE (1) Bomb down the Korean counters, along with Pyongang. Raze Pyo. Kill all of the counters. Found New Shanghai to claim gems, our 7th lux in former Korean lands. This allows us to go down to 20% lux tax.

Move the Palace to Ningpo.

We really do need more units.

Year 5610 of our EMPIRE (2) bomb down Hyangsan, Salonika, Babylon, and Valencia.

IT Lose a few units to counters.

Year 5615 of our EMPIRE (3) Raze Hyangsan Artillery moved into position to pound Seoul.

YEAR 5620 of our EMPIRE (4) Bomb down Seoul and move more artillery into place to bomb it. Move artillery towards Wonsan. Get a GL cleaning up Sipahi. He rushes a battleship in Anyang on the Southern coast.

Babylon, with our very own Sun Tzu’s Art of War monument, is sadly, sadly razed.

Units moved into position to bomb Kish

YEAR 5625 of our EMPIRE (5) Lose 1 tank to a Sip in the IT. Seoul down to size 1. It has about 8 to 10 defenders including a tank army. Our tanks move into position to hit it next turn.

Kish is in a similar fate, but will go next turn.

IT Lose 1 tank outside of Seoul to counter.

YEAR 5630 of our EMPIRE (6) Get a GL from razing Kish. He moves to Kaif-Ferric where he will rush IRONWORKS .

Seoul is RAZED along with Suffrage.

Raze Salonika and move units into position to form a new town to claim wines, our last lux.

IT Lose a couple of units to counters from Korean Tanks.

YEAR 5635 of our EMPIRE (7) Form New Tsingtao and GET WINES, THE LAST LUXURY! Drop luxes down to 10%.

Karakorum bombed and razed.

IT Germans declare war as we are trespassing.

YEAR 5640 of our EMPIRE (8) Raze Valencia finally. Found New Hanchow nearby to allow bombardment of Toledo.

Get a GL cleaning up some Sipahi. He rushes a factory in Kai-Ferric.

YEAR 5645 of our EMPIRE (9) Bomb stuff down

YEAR 5650 of our EMPIRE (10) Raze Wonsan. Raze Ulaanbaatar. Raze Toledo. Found New Tatung and New Tientsin to claim territory and open up stops for more bombing.

There is still some movement left on some units. There are still 2 unfilled armies. There is a tank army that has a leader-produced elite in the same tile that should be added on the next turn.

Have fun, CB :hammer:

The Game

Yes, grinding is the best way to describe it. We have so much artillery that by the time we get tanks into position to attack the cities, the towns are almost all dust :lol:

I expect that CB will be able to take out the Korean mainlands. There are a couple of good sized cities left, including a size 24 number.

The Ottos lack not only motor transport, but also electronics. So they may not get to tanks. They do, however, have flight. It might be worth a steal to reduce its trade value for them.

It would probably be worth building and merging a lot of workers into our new second-ring towns like Kaif-Ferric. With ironworks online, this site could be a very strong producer with some additional population. Some other nearby towns could use a nice pop boost. We are accumulating enough fully-corrupt towns to make this work.

Got will play tonight.

Had a peek, I'll cover up the open tanks with infantry so we are not so open to counter attacks.

Then I'll review all the city production and get setup to reach the next level of production. ;) I'll likely rush some workers from the corrupt cities to drive up the population in the core cities.

I will definitely push hard in the west, getting Korea out of the picture will be a high priority. Otto's cities over in the west are likely corrupt since they are so far from the capitol, therefore they should provide little resistance. Once the cleanup in the west is finished, that will then permit a more concentrated drive in the East and finally to Spain. Oh, I didn't mention Germany did I, sorry don't mention the real small players now. :) I'll also watch that we don't run over the domination limits. ;)

CB, one thing that you might do is to get those two empty armies into action. Put a couple of vet tanks in each to start and wait to fill them with leader-produced elites. The reason for this is that the AI has not attacked any of our armies. So getting 2 more armies into play will give us 2 more open tiles to be "safe". We could probably make some more armies by now as well.

Yep, I'm going to do something with those armies, maybe even cavs. ;)

Also going to sent infantry sorties out after every single critical resource, to cripple their production down to guerillas, if I can. :)

I would expect that by the next time I see this, we will be out from grind and into mop up.....it is starting to snowball, and the movement of the capital will accelerate it.

Originally posted by meldor
I would expect that by the next time I see this, we will be out from grind and into mop up.....

I am actually wondering if it will get back to me. :)

Yes, we have to take care of those pesky little islands. You will get to do a marine assualt on the last city standing!

Upon reflection, my infantry pillaging sorties will be accompanied by artillery, so they only have to get 2 squares away from a resource for the first chance at pillaging.

Only 3 turns done but long turns with lot's of manuvering.

Preturn:
Disband the caravel in Nanking switch to coliseum and cash rush it, switch to commercial Docks. Find the reg pikeman that we have and bring to Nanking for disbanding, Commercial dock will finish next turn.
Went through all the size 2 cities and rush workers. Went through size 3 cities and rush settlers.
Move infantry onto any tanks in the open. Move infantry onto any enemy resources that they can reach this turn.
Join the 2 available cavs into one of the armies and use it to take out the Otto's redlined marine at New Nanking.

IBT. We held against all the attacks that were launched against us.

1655AD We bombard Yangchow and use cavs to reach and overcome the Korean defenses, the city is reclaimed. I now continue on the soft cities that Otto has left over on the west, but first I position 16 artillery to start bombarding Nampo next turn. Otherwise I'm going for every target that I can get to that opens new targets for next turn. ;) I had to build some cities out in the east just to make a front that otto could not waltz unencumbered through, but this will aid in clearing that section of the continent.

1660AD Looks like Korea needs a little more attention so we toast a half dozen units that they brought out to harass us with. We end up getting a Great Leader, build a army. Then I hammer some of Otto's cities and we earn another Great Leader, built an army. Well, our rider infantry army falls to a 3HP infantry man in a size 1 Otto city. :( But our efforts now leave Otto without saltpeter. Cash rush a battle ship at New Shanghai2, so we can hit some of those Korean ironclads. I stupidly somehow added an infantry to my cav army. Well off to the front and ready to help take a city next turn. Otto loses his rubber, he has 1 more but is apparently supplying Korea. Otto is now void of iron. ;)

IBT we get another GL on defense.

1665AD We drive through to Berlin and Raze the Pyramids. :( However, Korea is now without rubber. This now means that Korea and Otto cannot build infantry, marines, tanks and Sipahi, :) We almost lost an entire infantry army taking out a 1HP infantry, wne tdown to 3/16. :( We still can't take Nampo. Do some more settler rushing to prepare for the next runs at K&O.

OK, that was 3 long turns, doesn't look like much but I've got 7 more turns. ;)

Before and after minimaps.

Top Bottom