RBP7 - Defiant Nationalists of China

Thanks for doing the research on the posts/views, meldor. That's interesting.

I really enjoyed being a part of this and the MOW teams. We work well together and talk things through very well. I had intended to pass on all SGs this summer, but T-hawk's Democracy game sucked me in. I swear, though, that's it! I might start an open SG and not play much in it, but I just don't have the interest in another game at this point. If y'all get a DAW game put together, I'll definitely follow it and maybe chip in my two cents' worth from time-to-time.

DEFIANT to the (not so bitter) end!

:ripper: :rocket2: :rocket:

.....................[dance].....................

Congratulations to a great team.

Sorry for dissappearing on everyone like that but a combination of health, job change, relationship issues, a dead comp past warranty, and a few other rl issues kept me offline for some time :( . You guys really are amazing! what a team. Congrats!

Things are good now thanks. Good job (no more self employment tax :)), great relationship - all problems worked out, even have the gf playing civ (I couldn't since I had no comp) :lol: , good health, and a just out of the box comp :). Check your pm's ;)

Todd, it is GREAT to see you! You definitely had us worried! Glad that you are alright.

Join us for a new Conquests game!

I'm planing to. Read your pm you knucklehead :lol:. I'd like to sponsor 2 games in a few days. One being the OBC spaceship idea from way back with the Babs on Demigod (maybe without their 2d settler) and the other being open to debate (maybe a Sid pangea just win considering how hard it looks from Sulla's experiences). I'd like as many of the MOW crew as possible to play simply because you guys are TOO fun to play with :). Can any other crew match us for endless debates?? Both of them would be at a "relaxed" pace since the holiday season is here and most of you seem to be really busy in game count. I dont wana spam up the post count here too much more so if any of you played *or lurked* in either the RBP6 or RBP7 threads are interestred pm me. Once i have C3C and a few of meldors games wrap up ill start them.

Woohoo!!

:goodjob: [dance] :love2:

Gosh, since my going awol in May, there was...
Ridgelake's assessment "Because of our unit inferiority, any attack that we make must be quick and decisive." He bit the bullet with a tough call, resulting in "We CAPTURE Tientsin! Our long lost city! It was so long ago that they don’t remember our people!" The utter joy at seeing this led to a leader and the Pentagon. Our territory was once again whole, despite my expectations. :p Not only whole, it had the lack of 'fingers' in the border I had always longed for - this along with the needed switch to Republic let us consolidate and build up til Nationalism. This itself was a major milestone for this variant, and it was probably the first draft in history where all the people cheered gleefully, "Draft ME!, Draft ME! I want to defend our great nation!" The Ottomans gave a scare sending 50 Sipahi into *our* lands and drawing war. Their lust for Chinese core cities (bypassing our large garrisons and failing to pillage) hurt them fortunately, and soon they could pay for peace. Did we take it? The Defiant crew unanimously said... "Let the beating continue!" and so it did. For the first time perhaps in the game, Reagen uttered the thought...

"Do we dare dream that we might pull this out?!" (with several cities still covered by only Pikes!) The LIST (of civs who had to die) was longer than my arm, so there was still a long way to go.
Before one more full round of players turns, CB recognized the game was in control, though the thought was so foreign.

In the end, National honor was more than preserved, it was enshrined.

And as for ToddManiacMarshall's return on top of all this...
:band:

BTW, to bewareofgnomes and others, thanks for the nice comments and well wishes.

Again, big time congrats,
Charis

PS... I'm back for Conquests :hammer:
Update on this summer- I had a *huge* and vital project at work on which I was architect and lead developer. It was done (almost as miraculously as RBP7) on-time and on-budget. The company was so pleased, they returned with another project that is the largest and most profitable our (tiny) company has yet seen. This may spell trouble this winter, although the timeframe seems do-able, and overall this is a "very good thing." Also, my friends I mentioned going through some awful times have pulled through and become much stronger for it. Oh... and my wife and I adopted four kids this summer :goodjob: (Ones we had been fostering for about 2 yrs) - so ya, with apologies to the team here, there was at least a good reason I wasn't around much in the past 6 months. Tis good to be back!

Todd, whichever game our crew decides to play, put me down for it. :)

I am looking forward to another adventure. :) :hammer:

Top Bottom