1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RBTS6B - Finally Ready for Noble! (Team B)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by sunrise089, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Olodune

Olodune Emperor GOTM Staff

I noticed my screens don't show Hannibal's defending garrison -- it was composed of about a dozen knights/lbows/pikes/trebs in each shot. All told I killed about 30 units in the battle of Hsung-Nu, for the cost of 2 rifles and a treb.

Atlas is up.

2. mostly-harmless

mostly-harmless Prince

Good work.
    Was gifting away Vandal a good idea?
    Every city we gift to vassals counts only half pop and land towards domination and Vandal could have paid for itself.

On another issue: I doubt Hannibal can capitulate if he is still officially master of Isabella. Maybe Isabella has to be finished off before attacking Hannibal's core.

Anyone experience with this kind of constellation?

I would not settle the six cities on the home land just now, as they will cost maintenance and will not contribute to the war effort.
    Maybe keep them ready on landlocked sites where they can get the full count of 21 land tiles and just settle them when we are close to domination and build culture for fast second ring pop.

I am away from CIV until Friday but might be able to comment on the forum.

Good luck.

mh

3. sunrise089

sunrise089 Not that good

I also am not sold on gifting the best new world cities to Monty, but so long as we watch the pop/land numbers Olodune is probably right if the alternative to gifting is going on strike. I imagine our finances can improve when the six cities building settlers are placed on wealth builds though.

My understanding of vassals is that hitting Hannibal will eventually make Issy's land and pop totals rise to more than half of Hannibals and cause her to break free that way.

I agree with not settling any new cities right away but instead stationing the settlers in place to trigger domination. We just need to count how many tiles we will grab with the six cites and their fat crosses (21x6 total, but there will probably be some overlap) and then settle all of them when that number will push us over the domination limit.

4. sunrise089

sunrise089 Not that good

5. mostly-harmless

mostly-harmless Prince

Go for it sunrise. Lets finish the game asap.
    Atlas can have my turnset, since I wont be back until Thursday/Friday
    mh

6. sunrise089

sunrise089 Not that good

Ok, I have got it. I am reluctant to play after only a one-player gap however, so if Atlas sees the game and can play/post before my usual "report coming in X hours" post he should do so.

7. Zeviz

Zeviz Prince

lurker's comment:
    If you are still wondering about this, the master's capitulation frees the vassals. Master's new master gets peace with all former vassals, but can redeclare the war as soon as he wishes.

8. Atlas

Atlas Titanus

Dang it! Sorry team I suck. I just started a new job and bought a new house- the result is that I am trying to learn to manage my time better since I have never had so many demands on it before. Please go ahead and play Sunrise.

From what I can tell we are trying to get a domination victory by vassalizing folks? I have like ZERO experience with this game mechanic. So please play and leave me detailed instructions

9. Atlas

Atlas Titanus

Playing now

10. Atlas

Atlas Titanus

My luck in this SG has been just great- check out this event....

But i figure this is fair compensation :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway I gifted Monty Murcia (that city is total crap) as soon as he would take it. For the most part I have been building wealth as soon as other builds finished. And pillaging where possible. I could not take a city this set b/c Hannibal showed up with a big stack and Monty was having trouble like this...

Our finances are in real trouble, if we don't build wealth we go bankrupt, if we build wealth it will be tough to produce the units necessary to win. I have settlers in places around our continent for pushing us over on the last turn. I have also been moving units to the east side of the continent for transport. That is where the galleons are.

Good Luck!!!

Attached Files:

11. sunrise089

sunrise089 Not that good

Ok, nice work Atlas. I have got it again.

12. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

My new laptop has arrived BTW, but I have a crack in my vanilla disk and can't install BtS :mad:. Not sure when I'll be back, you guys should have it won by then in any case.

13. darrelljs

darrelljs Immortal

I had a reply typed up with an e-bay link (which is what I did when this happened to me). Then, I remembered you live in Australia ;).

Darrell

14. say1988

say1988 Deity

Now that wasn't because it was used as a coaster, right?

15. Ozbenno

Good idea, I'll check it out tonight!

Frisbee actually ;)

16. mostly-harmless

mostly-harmless Prince

Take 2 or whoever is responsible in Australia exchanges your broken disc for small charge. I did that with my vanilla CD couple of years ago.

mh

17. Ozbenno

I'm currently re-installing Civ IV now, huzzah! Should be right to slot back in.

BTW, sunrise are you playing? Its been 3 days.

18. sunrise089

sunrise089 Not that good

19. sunrise089

sunrise089 Not that good

Actually, I don't have the energy to play careful turns right now. Anyone is free to skip me if they want to play soon, otherwise I will do one of my "play and post at lunch" things with a 3-hour advance warning tomorrow morning.

Regardless of whether or not the next turns come from me or someone else, we need to watch the demographics VERY carefully - Monty is within 2 percentage points in pop from being able to break free.

20. sunrise089

sunrise089 Not that good

Ok, so responses yet, so I have "got it" and will post in about 2.5 hours.