RBW1 - The True Isolationist

Qwack

The Poopman
Hi, this is the first realms beyond warlords succession game :).

So basically, this is another SG idea I had been planning to start for awhile. To keep it simple, I want to see whether it is possible to win a high level(emperor) game with absolutely NO TRADING with the AI whatsoever. No foreign trade routes, no bee-lining to alphabet and getting all the worker tech's, No open borders... you get the point.

Leader: Washington
Map: Fractal - random climate and random sealevel
Difficulty: Emperor
Speed: Epic

Variant: Cannot ever trade with the AI (Extortion or getting extorted does not count )

I will load a start once our roster is full.

Roster:
Qwack
sooooo
playshogi
mbuna120
Open
Possibly Open

So im looking for 1, maybe 2 more members. Should be comfortable with emperor if its possible, but ill let anyone join.

RB succession game rules apply: http://realmsbeyond.net/civ/sgrules.html

I chose him because of the theme :) . It was between tokugawa or washington, and we decided washington.

Why, you think we need financial to win? :lol:

I still need to pick up warlords but that's happening this week. if you place me towards the end of the rotation I should have the game installed and all np.

Honestly think this no trade is going to be uphill but I'm no stranger to lost causes =) (never use no razing on an always war game lol)

Cheers!
-Liq

Ok our roster:

Qwack
Soooo
Playshogi
mbuna120
Karr1255
Liquidated

Ill load up the start later today.

Lurking!
I've got to see how this turns out, seeing as I could've been in the roster if only I posted earlier... :lol:

Just installed warlords and, erm found the ini to keep it windowed mode.. that took a bit of time :blush:

Oh and in a roleplaying sense, wouldn;t toku fit the extreme isolationistic quality this game would entail?

On second thought, I'm really likeing Georges new traits, toku would pretty much force a conflict based game as well.

Cheers!
-Liq

Ok I loaded up a start.. here is the settings we got:

And here is the location:

Wow, this is quite a strong start. I actually could not see the deer or corn when I founded the city, but decided to found on spot nontheless. So anyways.. any thoughts? My opinion is worker first, mining -> BW, or hunting -> mining -> archery. We gotta get one of those gold's worked ASAP, thus the worker first.

That start scares me.... hehe if out site is so strong I fear for the rest of the land around us.

well mining before the worker finishes yes and bw would allow us to do some chops....

4 grass forests and 3 plains forests.... wow.

Can farmover those 3 plains later on with civil so chop power right there

so yes mining -> bw for the chops and early metal look sounds in order.

wheel hunting archery and agriculture on the short list as well.

Seems like we are in a ne corner.

Cheers!
-Liq

Geez Qwack, why couldn't you roll that start in RB22 or RB23 :lol:? Should be a fun game to watch, I'll be lurking for sure.

Darrell

lurker's comment:

Wow, great starting position there! It seems the RNG-God has a soft spot for isolationists, we got two Gold mines in STR-02 as well:worship:

That's a great start and I agree with mining -> bw. We already have agriculture for the corn so we can work the gold as fast as possible.
But other than that it doesn't look so well for future citys I'm afraid. We are in the NE corner, NW is tundra and W looks like desert. Only to the south I can see a little grassland.

Makes for an interesting game for sure.

how did I miss agriculture as a starting tech :smoke: the corn will support our gold mines np especially with that deer thee as well.

What a strong starting plot, just too many improvements to work like now lol.

Cheers!
-Liq

I agree with mining and worker first, but the barbs are more numerous in Warlords, so after mining, hunting-archery should be considered. With gold and deer on hills, archers can defend our improvements.

Turns finished. Even if we go hunting first, we can get mining before the worker comes out, and even than, we would be farming the corn first, so I decided to go hunting -> mining. This way we can grow to size 4, than work the golds at size 4..

So anyways, our warrior starts exploring the southern land. He pops a hut and villagers give us a map of some ocean.. thank alot :rolleyes:

What they do tell us however, is that there is actually more than just tundra towards our west :p. So anyways, warrior continues exploring to the south, and finds that there actually isnt much land around us at all.. It looks like we might actually be isolated on an island here.. Border's pop and second hut provides a map aswell.. Hunting comes in 3700 BC, I set research to mining. in 3610, Elizabeth's scout pops up from the west..

I bring our warrior back to explore the west, and he gets killed by a lion before he could get too far... Mining comes in 3370, set research to archery. Worker built a few turns later, I start scout in capital, and send worker to farm the corn.

So here is the land situation around us, Elizabeth is in the west and there might be more AI's in the west as well. Cant tell anything for sure right now, but our scout will find out soon enough..

Not good land at all really. We have a decent location it seems like towards the east, the southern 2 gold's will never be worked, because it is impossible to chain irrigation to the grassland down there. There is no fish resource either, so that site is very low on food. In terms of first city, I would say if its possible, the pig/corn/crabs location in the west. But elizabeth might get there first..

Top Bottom