1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-download the whole game?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by Tuvok694, May 6, 2012.

1. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Chieftain

After some trouble with other programs I had to restart my computer (Win7 64bit), and now Steam says I have to download the whole game although my installation on the hard drive (about 5GB) looks completely ok (path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V).
    How can I tell Steam that Civ5 IS already installed? I want to avoid unnecessarily downloading 5GB of data.

2. timtofly

timtofly One Day

Have you tried to varify the local cache?

3. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Chieftain

I solved the problem by re-installing the game from the original DVD although I still do not know what caused the problem in the first place.

4. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

The game has a lot of updates since the original CD so you'll probably still have quite a lot of downloads to come...

5. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Chieftain

I thought so at first, but luckily it went a lot faster because the installation program checks if there are already files on the computer. Problem solved.