1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

???? Re: installing War of the Ring scenario

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by Trinkledink, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Trinkledink

Trinkledink Chieftain

Hi i have been trying to get 'War of the Ring' mod on my mac and i always get error messages before i can start playing. Has anyone successfully gotten it to work?

Blue Monkey, i read that you had been trying to get it to work, did you eventually?
    Thanks!

2. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Moderator Action: Post moved. OP where it was originally states:

3. Trinkledink

Trinkledink Chieftain

Oops, sorry.... does this mean you didn't get it to work on a mac?

4. Blue Monkey

Honestly don't remember. I haven't got it installled atm.

A separate thread like this is most likely to get attention here. You could try posting the question in the scenario's thread. That would also be an appropriate place to ask. You may get the "ask the Mac people" runaround, but who knows.

5. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I'm pretty sure it will be a Mac-spcific issue. Mods are a lottery on the Mac version, as the file path computations are very iffy. If the mod relies on stuff in, say, the PTW Extras folder then you often have to copy files from one place to another just to get the mod to find them.

6. Blue Monkey

Agreed. I was suggesting posting in the scenario thread in case someone has solved it but doesn't follow this forum.