Reached an Early Roadblock

Joshua368

Warmongering builder
Hello everybody, I'm pretty much new to Civilization II editing and while I've tried to get started I've run into a probably really simple problem. I'm using the Multiplayer Gold Edition on Vista. When I make a custom map on the editor, it saves and loads fine there, but when I try accessing it on Civilization itself it doesn't show up, even though its a .MP like the rest. Same thing if I move it into a folder into the scenerio section, the new folder doesn't appear either.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Nevermind, I found a loophole around it.

If anyone's actually around here, I have another question... is it possible to change your map in the editor after working on your scenario and changing the images and units and such? Or do you have entirely finish your map before starting on that?

You can change the map while building the scenario. The only exception is rivers. I think there is a way of doing it but as far as I remember it is very complicated so getting the placement correct in the map editor is essential!

Well that's interesting... what makes rivers special?

Err... more important question: When you look at info for certain advances in the regular game, it says stuff like "Lets you use government of the same name" and "Cancels the effect of WONDER". This seems to disappear in the scenario... any way to get it back? It's kind of useful information, expecially when the user is in an unfamiliar technology tree. Also any way to change which advances make these special features, such as how Philosophy gives you a free advance, or do you just have to work around it? (except for cancelling wonders of course, which is obvious)

Top Bottom