1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Reading through changelog; a few questions.

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Peng Qi, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Peng Qi

Peng Qi Emperor

1. The purchase cooldown seems to be a big nerf to Landschneckt. Have they been given anything to compensate for this?

2. Making all early siege units require iron seems like a big nerf to warmongering. Has anything been added that makes warmongering more attractive for players who get cursed with no iron? Also, does it really make sense for catapults and trebuchets to require iron? They were made entirely of wood and rope after all.

3. Doesn't giving rocket artillery anti-tank as a promotion explicitly buff them against the primary unit intended to counter them? Or did you just think the counter was too hard in this case?

4. Is there an image of the tech tree? The thing I hate most about vanilla is how much of a mess the Industrial and Modern tech trees are, with aircraft coming before modern warships or any other of the myriad things that could shoot them down that existed before they were invented (AA guns were just massed machinegun batteries after all).

2. Finarvi

Finarvi Prince

Landschneckt and other mercenary units are bought instantly.

Well, now when I think about it, I can't disagree with you. There's no much sense in early siege units to require that much iron. But cannons and artilery should for sure.

That's a good point too but I don't know what to do here. Maybe bonus vs tanks should be only when attacking?

Yea, vanilla tech tree was really bad. I think that CPP tech tree is really good and well-balanced.

3. Funak

Funak Deity

Cities have brutally less combatstrength than before, all units get combat bonuses versus cities when they level up. You can still zerg badly defended cities down with just meleeunits and archers.
    Really, just try it out, taking cities without siegeweapons isn't hard, it is just that taking cities with siegeunits is a lot easier (The siegeunits have been made a lot stronger aswell to compensate, you have less of them but they do way more)

I actually had no idea this was a thing :D Rocket artillery were pretty damn weak in vanilla mostly because they were easy targets for bombers.

No, I think you have to start the game for it. There is some thread with units in a tree but I don't remember if it was anything useful.

4. Finarvi

Finarvi Prince

5. Peng Qi

Peng Qi Emperor

Right, but the thing that made Landschneckt really powerful was that they could move immediately, which meant you could make room to buy another Landschneckt on the same turn...and move it, making room for another, and then another and another.

You can theoretically purchase dozens of Landschneckt on the same turn out of the same city in non-modded BNW.

6. Funak

Funak Deity

And you still can, because they can still move the same turn you purchase them and from what I've gathered you can buy another one as soon as you move the first one out of the city.

7. Peng Qi

Peng Qi Emperor

The changelog seems to indicate that you can't purchase more than one thing in the same city per turn.

8. Funak

Funak Deity

No clue it actually is true as I haven't tried it, but that's what the man says.

9. Peng Qi

Peng Qi Emperor

Didn't see that part of the log, thanks.

10. Natura

Natura Warlord

It does work exactly how it is described; you can buy any number of mercenary units in a city in a single turn.

You can actually do the same with diplomatic units, though I don't know why.