Real corporations

Nihtantuel

Chieftain
So as the title states I have a problem with that setting. I never see any guilds or corporations being founded. I have all techs and resources for those to be founded but this never happens.

Its not like its a new issue for me. Around 3-4 yeaars ago I played an older version of C2C and I had the exact same issue. Since it doesn't give any idea on what the condtions are, it looks like its pretty much broken.I don't have any civics that outright state that corps will be disabled.

Both then and now I play archipelago map. Maybe this has to do with something. But its hard to tell snce no actual conditions are stated anywhere.

Can anyone tell me what the actual conditions are? What should be done to trigger the corporations? Because right now it seems lke this functionality is just cut out from the game.

I have no idea about realistic corporations. I personaly wouldn't mind getting rid of the option entirely. If it's not working, perhaps it should be turned off and made unavailable for selection. I don't think players quite realize the reasons this is a bad option - it ensures that corps are financially destructive because you HAVE to found them in cities that get massive +gold% bonuses or you are really taking a huge cost hit the more the corp spreads. So if the corp chooses for itself where it becomes founded, you have no way of ensuring that you can make them a positive economic force or allow them to be a massive drain on your gold.

Add to that the mystery of when and if they will ever found themselves. Euck.

Never actually seen one founded either. I figured i put that option ON because i was new to the game and figured i wouldn't have to deal with it myself.

With the abundant resources in c2c i reckon every corporation gets a huge upkeep and big benefits fast. Terrible for AI.

When I use realistic corporations, the AI always gets them. Occasionally they will trade them to me.

So far neither have I.

Never actually seen one founded either. I figured i put that option ON because i was new to the game and figured i wouldn't have to deal with it myself.

With the abundant resources in c2c i reckon every corporation gets a huge upkeep and big benefits fast. Terrible for AI.
Oh yeah, there are huge problems with corporations in C2C. It's actually ONE of the higher priority issues I'm working on setting the stage for correcting right now. But it's a BIG set of problems. Will take a while to fix. The Modern+ will not be well balanced for a long time and without working corporations into that balance structure very cleverly, it's going to be a major imbalancing factor. However, I do expect it CAN be corrected.

At the moment, RC is probably a good option just to keep corporations from becoming much of a game element at all due to this. So perhaps it SHOULD be left available. But at some point, once the corp system and the corps themselves are improved, a project my wife and I are quite interested in addressing, then RC should be a discontinued concept imo.

I never got them on my space playtrough without AIs.
If I remember correctly there needs to be more than one nation with the potential to build a corporation before it will be founded. Where it gets founded is based on the abundance of the needed resources etc.

Top Bottom