Real Era Stop

Real Era Stop 3.3

I have just started to implement this into my games now and it keeps crashing on the start up, i have 20 mods on the go and narrowed it down to this mod WITH real tech tree and JFD's rule with faith, is it possible to merge them ? i think because there are new policies and governments in RWF that are not in real tech tree mod its crashing.

Is it possible to use this mod without real tech tree ?

@Bosworth II VII Just as in description - you can use without RTT, you will just have techs not connected to Future Tech, that's all.
Crash is caused by RWF. This mod adds new tables that have references to game objects. But JFD didn't implement them properly, they're missing ON DELETE clause. So, when RES removes objects from eras beyound last, references to those objects stay in RWF new tables. Then the mod tries to use them and... CTD.

Sorry for the very late reply, work has prevented me from responding. I guessed that the take your time tech x3 and civ x3 would be the cause of the problem due to the aspects of the game it changes being very similar to the aspects that real tech tree and era stop affect. After disbling those two mods my game will run way past turn 116 so I guess it works! The only crashes have experienced are when I try loading a saved game while in-game, but I think that might have to do with my computer and its limits (my computer fan runs like crazy when I play of giant earth map).

If you could test to see if take you time mods cause the crashes that would be great. If you can make your mods compatible that would be amazing but i completely understandif that takes too long or is too difficult. Thanks for staying with me!

Last edited:
So full disclosure I am very new to mods and stuff. I never even went into the workshop before Civ 5, now doing so for 6. So this mod; I read the instructions, went into the file and changed ONLY the number there (changed it to five don't know if that matters, trying to stop in ren vs medi) and I see no changes in game. The mod is listed under additional content, and is toggled on along with RTT, but just seeing nothing. Am I missing something?

@The Happy Dalek 1. In what directory is the file that you have changed? 2. How did you install the mod? Steam or from CivFanatics. 3. Are you sure that you have saved the file? 4. Restart the game after changing the file (just to be safe).

@The Happy Dalek 1. In what directory is the file that you have changed? 2. How did you install the mod? Steam or from CivFanatics. 3. Are you sure that you have saved the file? 4. Restart the game after changing the file (just to be safe).

I am subbed from Steam, the location is steamapps/workshop/content/289070/880843004, and I did make sure I saved and only changed the number and all that. I think I am going to unsub and maybe download manually from CF, see if for whatever reason that helps. Don't know why it would but willing to try.

Edit: After removing from steam and downloading from here, no problems and working fine.

Last edited:
Any possible reason for this not being compatible with the Community Quick User Interface mod or the Production Queue mod? Whenever either of them are active at the same time as Real Era Stop, the city production tab doesn't open on the first turn of a game.

Any possible reason for this not being compatible with the Community Quick User Interface mod or the Production Queue mod? Whenever either of them are active at the same time as Real Era Stop, the city production tab doesn't open on the first turn of a game.
It was compatible with old CQUI. Seems that changes were made that would deem RES incompatible. I need to look into this.

Help needed

Edit. March 2018 update broke the mod totally. It is not working at all. The below comment is from before March 2018 update, when the mod had worked for REN and later eras.

In order to make the mod working for CLA and MED, I need to figure what R&F has changed related to Renaissance era. The game crashes the moment I remove objects related to REN. Unfortunately, there's no error message or anything, not a single one. Same situation was with older versions of RES when having England in game crashed it. This time it isn't related directly to a civ, CTD happens even for all-vanilla-civs-setup when using R&F expansion.
This is by trial & error and I need help to find out possible situations that are related to REN, so then I can prepare a workaround and test it.

So far, I have identified the following:
- Commemorations are Era dependent and related to some late techs - not a problem, since they work for other eras, nothing REN specific here
- Moments - there are 3 related to Ancient and Classical era, so not a problem
- Policies - some are era-related and marked as DarkAge, again - no REN specific, various eras used here
- Shaka's ability Amabutho - works for Armies, no reason to not work for Corps [eventually, I will test it if ran out of options]
- Chandragupta and Robert the Bruce - they get their abilities in Classical era, so RES shouldn't affect them
- Golf Course - is available at Reformed Church (REN), tested it and this is not issue; also RES removes many other unique improvements if they are scheduled for later, so this is not the case
- There are 2 modifiers that allow for earlier Fleets and Armadas, but they seem to be unused (?) the game places them at Mercantilism (REN) [need to test it]

Last edited:
Hey folks, having a new issue with mod since expansion, wondering if anyone else is, will use lots of details so maybe it helps. I downloaded new version of the mod and put in standard mods folder. I changed last era to Modern, was feeling a WW2-ish scenario. So changed the parameter, set everything in create new game, hit start and the game just cycles back to main screen after trying to load. I removed mod from folder, tried again to make sure it was mod and it is. Doesn't happen unless I have mod installed and set on Modern.

I have been having a crash issue, consistently (like every single game when I click end turn the first time) ever since update. To make double and triple sure, I disabled (removed entirely) mod and tried it, no problems, reinstalled mod, same crash, repeated process a couple times. Any ideas good sir? Literally my favorite mod and it sucks to be without =/

Totally not just being complimentary.. if you haven't tried this mod download immediately. This as Raze capitals are like, essential.. kind of suffering without

@The Happy Dalek The mod crashes the game with Rise & Fall when using Classical or Medieval. I wrote about it in the description. Can’t fix that yet.
If it is not that, then I need some more info about setup and logs after the game has started.

@The Happy Dalek The mod crashes the game with Rise & Fall when using Classical or Medieval. I wrote about it in the description. Can’t fix that yet.
If it is not that, then I need some more info about setup and logs after the game has started.

I had it on Renaissance era, so it's got to be something else. How do I get you the other info, and I am happy to provide it.

I had it on Renaissance era, so it's got to be something else. How do I get you the other info, and I am happy to provide it.
Hm, maybe they've changed something in March update. I've checked the mod after R&F was relased and it was working well with all Eras except those mentioned.
Anyway, logs are in "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs". I need modding.log, database.log, lua.log and gameeffects.log.

Top Bottom