Real Era Stop

Real Era Stop 3.3

Infixo

Deity
Infixo submitted a new resource:

Real Era Stop - Allows to stop research (of techs and civics) at specific Era (Med, Ren, Ind or Mod).

Allows to stop research (of techs and civics) at specific Era. Supported Eras: Medieval, Renaissance, Industrial, Modern.

How to use
The default setting is for Medieval Era to be the last one researched. You can change it using a parameter RES_MAX_ERA in RealEraStop.sql. See instructions in the file. If you subscribe the mod from Steam, it is available in your Steam directory under steamapps/workshop/content/289070/880843004. If you installed the mod manually, it's in...

Read more about this resource...

I'm a bit confused about the purpose of this mod: research stops, but the game will continue? It may be of interest to modders, but I don't see any use for players - unless they want an extremely boring endgame.

I'm a bit confused about the purpose of this mod: research stops, but the game will continue? It may be of interest to modders, but I don't see any use for players - unless they want an extremely boring endgame.

Boring???

At some point beating the hell out of the game again and again gets boring. I quite enjoy my endless games of projecting power globally, or being a peacemonger, or trying to maintain a monopoly on oil... I find just having nuclear subs steathily ghosting under ice caps (grrrrrrr) is fun. As is trying to track enemy subs.

On marathon with no VC and no turn limit (and further mods to delay research), every stage of the game is an immersive plunge into the waters of a deep drama that can be savored.

Sometimes its nice to have the technological culmination of the saga be at an earlier age... say, if I feel like playing a 1 city Kongo start ending in classical age, or maybe I want to play as Spain and end the tech during the Age of Discovery.

Personally, I don't see how people can keep playing a game so easy to beat over and over again and simply be trying to win. Its like trying to win at getting out of bed every morning.

When *I* get out of bed in the morning, its an epic or a restart.

So, I appreciate this type of mod. I've even requested one. This particular one isn't quite what I like, but thanks to the OP for making it and sharing.

Boring???

At some point beating the hell out of the game again and again gets boring. I quite enjoy my endless games of projecting power globally, or being a peacemonger, or trying to maintain a monopoly on oil... I find just having nuclear subs steathily ghosting under ice caps (grrrrrrr) is fun. As is trying to track enemy subs.

I'd like seeing you build subs with end tech era end at Medieval. I don't think you quite understand what I said, and I'm pleased you like fighting with knights and such until endgame, but my remark wasn't addressed at you.

@gelodgreat It's working, I auto-played entire 2 Eras to the end a few times.
I need more info to help you, anyway. Check database.log and modding.log (if you have logging enabled). Restart the game after uploading a mod - game config needs to be refreshed. Also, did you change a parameter?

Top Bottom