Real Great People (UI)

Real Great People (UI) 5.0.1

@su_nobody Those .dds files are in wrong format. They are 160x160 but encoding is messed up. The correct .dds file should be always 102528 bytes (101kB), yours are 26 kB.
Also, if you want to work on the icons - those circles you cut are too small.

@su_nobody Those .dds files are in wrong format. They are 160x160 but encoding is messed up. The correct .dds file should be always 102528 bytes (101kB), yours are 26 kB.
Also, if you want to work on the icons - those circles you cut are too small.
are the circles meant to have a 80px radius? i read something about leaving space.

are the circles meant to have a 80px radius? i read something about leaving space.
Yes, but not between a circle and a square, but a little above head. Picture is 160x160 and circle that cuts the GP's head is exactly 160 in diameter (80 radius).
Are you going to do some icons for RGP of for youself? For RGP there are only Scientists, Merchants and Admirals missing.

I just did one for Albert Einstein, my first try at anything like this.

Attachments

• Einstein snip.PNG
    Einstein snip.PNG
    26.7 KB · Views: 191
  • RGP_Albert_Einstein.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 196
Just did one of the Merchants (Goddard), how does it look?

Attachments

• RGP_Mary_Katherine_Goddard.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Mary_Katherine_Goddard.png
    Mary_Katherine_Goddard.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 186
So i just finished the Rennaissance Scientists, yes, you can put me down as working on them, they are pretty easy for me.

Attachments

• RGP_Emilie_du_Chatelet.png
    RGP_Emilie_du_Chatelet.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 190
  • RGP_Galileo_Galilei.png
    RGP_Galileo_Galilei.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 161
  • RGP_Isaac_Newton.png
    RGP_Isaac_Newton.png
    149 KB · Views: 173
  • RGP_Rennaissance_Scientists.zip
    74.9 KB · Views: 151
Here's most of the merchants! :D Hope they work!

I'm unsure of some of them, though:
  • I used @CivLuvah 's painting of Italian bankers for Piero de' Bardi
  • Colaeus picture is actually Sostratos, the other merchant mentioned by Herodotus (thanks, Civilopedia!), but I'm unsure if it works
  • I'm still missing Rajah Todar Mal (haven't found a decent image) and John Spilsbury (also haven't found an image, turns out it's actually someone called William Kiffin). Maybe we'll have to use pictures of someone else, but I don't know whose

Attachments

• Merchants.zip
    842.8 KB · Views: 153
I used @CivLuvah 's painting of Italian bankers for Piero de' Bardi

Just use one of them. It'll take up space/look awkward if you include them both haha

• Colaeus picture is actually Sostratos, the other merchant mentioned by Herodotus (thanks, Civilopedia!), but I'm unsure if it works
  • I'm still missing Rajah Todar Mal (haven't found a decent image) and John Spilsbury (also haven't found an image, turns out it's actually someone called William Kiffin). Maybe we'll have to use pictures of someone else, but I don't know whose

Interesting... I knew this just now..
I really can't find any actual pictures of John Spilsbury. So far all the photos I have searched so far which are attributed to him are some generic Englishman in 17th century clerical garb... which on the looks of it is pretty inaccurate considering that Spilsbury lived in the 18th century.

natchuy Great work, only a few left to do.
So, in summary: Colaeus to confirm and 3 to do: Rajah, Spilsbury, Tata.

Thanks for the feedback! Here are Spilsbury, Rajah and the corrected Tata
About Colaeus, I re-checked and the sculpture is actually some random dude, sorry :confused: I can always do another that fits better :)

Attachments

• Raja, Spilsbury, Tata.zip
    153.2 KB · Views: 190
Top Bottom