Real Great People (UI)

Real Great People (UI) 5.0.1

Great mod, works perfectly, 100%.
Just one small problem.
It makes my computer almost cry to work. It requires too much processing power from the machine. I CAN run it, but my pc literally make noises.
Can you, please, do something about it? Your work is just brilliant i would like to use it.
It's something on the code? Maybe the loading or the resolutions?
Or it's just me?
If it's just me, please ignore this msg.
If it's not and you have a solution, please msg me on facebook.

@Infixo .. If i had something to ask aside from OttawaPops hover hints via tootltips is...

The regular lists of GP are always the same & they all are recruited in sync through sequential steps.

I wish i had a secondary button to the left-side as the (=) triple lines like the Menu link. To match with (?) biography location shortcuts on the HUD.

That would simply track down the entire roaster(s).. with already recruited shown "greyed out" in a drop-down manner.. followed by currently processing highlighted.. and, the immediately next in red along with a swift short symbol to hint on their true potential(s).

When we need to decide *IF* we should PASS or not -- knowing which is upcoming soon can help evaluate the risks or advantages at that precise moment.

Gee.. really? I swear having detected such patterns in the past that always supplied me with those "cycles" as listed into the DebugGameplay.sqlite file & its GreatPersonIndividuals table. Another request failure for me! :smoke:

Something else while i still have your precious attention on this RGP stuff.

Would it be too difficult to simply re-activate the "normal" goldish symbols instead of any custom faces/pictures? Maybe as an option with a direct set of nine personal (160x160.. to fit your UI principles) DDS textures. Just gave a quick test sampling (refer to thumbnail snapshot below) by creating a temp group of standard colors per types just for kicks... but i doubt i'd have the patience to reproduce each defaults individually straight off the already built folders structure you added into the mod itself. Might be best to USE coding tricks to nullify the swap process instead. :sad:

Sampling_9RGP-Colored.png

And those nine PNG files zipped.. in case you'd want to bother with the extra task to offer users such an option.

Attachments

• RGP_Colored(s).zip
    409.6 KB · Views: 149
I'll just have to check (much further) the code files then.. thanks!

Later on!!
@Infixo ...
Arrrgghh, whatever i try from your detailed comments -- it just doesn't work! See below..

=====
-- Grab icon representing type of class
--[[ Infixo: not used
if (kPerson.ClassID ~= nil) then
local icon:string = "ICON_" .. classData.GreatPersonClassType;
--print("icon string", icon);
local textureOffsetX:number, textureOffsetY:number, textureSheet:string = IconManager:FindIconAtlas(icon, 50);
--print("icon texture X, Y, Sheet", textureOffsetX, textureOffsetY, textureSheet);
if textureSheet == nil then -- Use default if none found
print("WARNING: Could not find icon atlas entry for the class of Great Person '"..icon.."', using default instead.");
textureOffsetX = 0;
textureOffsetY = 0;
textureSheet = "GreatPeopleClass50";
end
instance.ClassImage:SetTexture( textureOffsetX, textureOffsetY, textureSheet );
-- Infixo
--instance.ClassImage:SetSizeVal(45,45);
end
--]]
=====

I honestly thought simply removing the RED characters would be enough!
Do you mind offering me the correctly edited LUA file (or more!) please .. if that's precisely what it takes?

Last edited:
Alright, @Infixo -- next step(s) in my collaborative actions.

Sooooo.. favor for favor -- i hope you'll still find spare time to integrate my "ideas" suggested earlier. Besides.. everything offered below would certainly need extra optional coding far better than my silly attempt with Just-Delete-His-Commented-Stuff_And .. it should work out fine! ;)

I've started "fixing" some portraits that would require (from my artistic perception) fine-tuning tasks for contrast, fade-out, sharpen ratio & normalized hues. Right now, the default set has about 40/50% of non-standardized versions, IMHO. I will simply try GFX tricks on the entire package & give you these alternate solutions once finished.

The generic Firaxis components were also rebuilt (with the surrounding shader sphere embedded) while re-sizing the default Gold Icons & sharpening the central symbols to address your issue with clarity when processed into the RGP/XML structure and its pre-defined 160x160 calibration. You'll find the nine final DDS files plus 4 fixed portraits/samples in the Zip attached.

To demonstrate the current results .. here's a snapshot with repaired "Chester Nimitz & Carl Sagan" and the newest custom Prophet slot. Don't mind the biggish colored spots.. those are maintained there for testing reasons.

Fix--Samples(Test1).png

Attachments

• RGP_Zyx-NineCustomGold160.zip
    391.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
@Infixo
Alright.. it took awhile longer (busy Month for sure) than first expected, but i am very nearly finished (only still a few Phophets remain) with the 178 RGP files overhaul. Yup.. i soon decided to pass through each rather than skip a few, thus making this custom package -- fully integral.

Huge GFX editing work had to be done on about 60% of the initial DDS results by other people (mainly with.. Hue/Contrast/Brightness/Edge Artifacts/Various Repairs/Etc). While a number (20+!) of somewhat difficult originals required completely new source images.. see below for a sample sheet of 15.
----
SampleSheet(15_Custom).png
----
I've also introduced a concept of Eras (Classical to Information) flow by cycling from Brownish >> Goldish >> Photographic B/W generic hue scales. I think that principle adds a cool touch to the recruiting patterns as it helps detect Old & New GP(s).

Anyhow.. you'll be the final judge of that complex yet creative multi-tasks project. Feel free to suggest further editing.

How would you prefer receiving these files (in a big Zip)? Directy here as CFC attachment, or externally linked to keep "Privacy" until ready to be made public?

Last edited:
Top Bottom