Real life vs.Civilization

Eukaryote

Deity
Hi I decided to make a thread about ironic things between civ and Real life. I'll start.

Unlike in civ, in real life, if you bring wine to a city, the citys people will become lazy, drunk party animals that will die early but probably will not become happier.

Drool4Res-pect said:
Hi I decided to make a thread about ironic things between civ and Real life. I'll start.

Unlike in civ, in real life, if you bring wine to a city, the citys people will become lazy, drunk party animals that will die early but probably will not become happier.
No, they'll probably be happy. Didn't you see the episode of The Simpsons where the Prohibition was reenstated, and everyone was depressed about the lack of alchohol?

One time I pretended to be an Aztec Spearmen(complete with my spear(carrot), helmet(cheap kids toy) and a shield(one of those frozen pizzas) and was running around the super market shrieking "Kill Catherine! Kill Catherine!"

I got kicked out :D

Wait there is a real life, I didnt know that. Now if I could just figure out how to stretch my mouse cord past my door. :dubious:

In real life the world's overall population is always increasing as the tech levels get more advanced.

In Civ, the overall global population DECREASES as the tech levels increase in the modern era since the aI's all go to Fascism and pop rush like mad. :p

EuropeanFury said:
One time I pretended to be an Aztec Spearmen(complete with my spear(carrot), helmet(cheap kids toy) and a shield(one of those frozen pizzas) and was running around the super market shrieking "Kill Catherine! Kill Catherine!"

I got kicked out :D

You really did that?!??!?!?

Gilder said:
No, they'll probably be happy. Didn't you see the episode of The Simpsons where the Prohibition was reenstated, and everyone was depressed about the lack of alchohol?
Speaking of The Simpsons, I find the green uranium quite impressive (while it actually has the common aspect of metal ore). But anyway it's way easier to spot: playing Vanilla it's a real pain to find the coal!

In real life, it doesn't take 250 years for some troops to get from a city to another, even in Ancient Age, when they were slower.

C3CFanatic0014 said:
In real life, the EPA and SIERRA clubs will lynch you for breaking a twig while on a hike.
Yeah, people don't care about the forests you cut, while their mood should be affected, at least after the development of environmentalism.

Another thing: in real life, the contribution of the SETI program to science is almost worthless (and even in Civilization the SP isn't meant to do what it's actually intended for, i.e. to discover alien species!).

Not too sure a Spearman can kill a Battleship. It cannot actually attack land units, only bombard. But you DO have a point. I'm sure you've seen the :spear: around here. In case this never happens to you (and I'm sure it does) Spearmen have ben known to use their shields to relfect tank-fire... never happens to me 'cause I always win before the MA.

C3CFanatic0014 said:
Not too sure a Spearman can kill a Battleship. It cannot actually attack land units, only bombard. But you DO have a point. I'm sure you've seen the :spear: around here. In case this never happens to you (and I'm sure it does) Spearmen have ben known to use their shields to relfect tank-fire... never happens to me 'cause I always win before the MA.

He said he was 10 yrs too late, he was refering to Civ 1(no biggie as it still happens as in your example spearman to a tank), back then you didn't get bombardment so ships could attack units directly on land/in cities... I hated when I lost my Battleship to a militia unit =*(... all those shields wasted....

Top Bottom