1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Nobel Prize (GS only) 1.0

Nobel Prize competition is always available

1. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Infixo submitted a new resource:

Real Nobel Prize (GS only) - Nobel Prize competition is always available

Read more about this resource...

2. Erty358

Erty358 Chieftain

For great works of chemistry it could be based on the amount of resources extracted in the period, like maybe just niter, oil, and uranium? Could be good. Also for economics it could be based off of great merchants (duh), admirals (they are from harbors), and engineers (they actually build the stuff).

3. nrh

nrh Chieftain

So cool. Thanks for carrying this mod community, Infixo. You're a cornerpiece of everything we could ever be.

Infixo, thecraftybee and steemroller like this.
  4. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

Medicine could be based off excess food and housing. I don't see food as purely representing the stuff we eat, but also as the general health of the population allowing it to grow. Overcrowding in cities tended to exacerbate communicable diseases. If points were gained from the average excess food from all your cities x average housing availability per turn, then smaller empires might be able to compete against sprawling ones too. Beyond more food/housing, I can't think of anything specific for rewards.

5. Infixo

Infixo Deity

What is possible

Unfortunately scores do not use modifiers, only database fields. In other words - categories that the scoring can be based off are coded internally and limited.
    There are now:
    - Doing a Project -> can create projects activated only for a specific emeregency
    - Building Buildings and Districts
    - Generating GP points
    - Generating Favors
    - CO2 footprint - used by Climate Accords

Not sure what it does, needs trials:
    - KilledEnemyUnit / MilitaryInEnemyTerritory / ReligiousInEnemyTerritory - used in military emergencies
    - SpreadReligion / ReligionAttackedEnemy / ReligiousUnitsInEnemyTerritory - not used at all

So, can't "score" yields like gold or food, can't score population, etc. :(

In terms of Rewards, it is much better as they use modifiers. So, virtually anythnig that game supports is possible here.

6. Makarya

Makarya Chieftain

Here’s are my idea. I tried to take into account what’s possible but i don’t know for a lot of things.

3 nobel prize amongst the 6 are randomly chosen each game. I think keeping something for sweden would be nice, could be something like more nobel prize or she choose which appears but i’m pretty confident it’s not doable.

Chemistry:
    Point are marked by great scientist and great admiral.
    Bronze award: technology boost
    Silver award: oil per university
    Gold award: uranium per university

Physics:
    Point are marked by great engineer and great scientist.
    Bronze: science per turn
    Silver: aluminium per university
    Gold: +X% production for city project.

Economy:
    Points are marked by great merchant and luxury ressource owned or a special project
    Bronze: +1 production in each city
    Silver: +0.25 gold per population
    Gold: 2 unique luxury ressource. Balance with quantity/or number of cities with amenities (like cinnamon)

Medicine:
    Points are marked by maintaining granary, sewer and neighborhood
    Bronze: +1 food or housing in each city
    Silver: +15% growth
    Gold: +5 health regenerated per turn for unit (like one of the great scientist).

Peace: same except great general would grant negative point

Litterature: same