Real Strategy vs. AI++

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by HorseHead, Sep 5, 2021.

1. HorseHead

HorseHead Guest

What AI rework would you say is better? Which one makes the AI a more viable opponent? I have heard good things about both but I don't know which one is better.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  2. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

AI++ is not updated afaik?

3. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

AI+ hasn't been updated since 2019, but AI++ is a new mod that just came out last month. Don't know if there's any code overlap.

Pfeffersack likes this.
  4. HorseHead

HorseHead Guest

So, would you suggest AI++ or does AI+ still work? Thanks for the link. I will look into AI++

5. Zegangani

Zegangani King

AI++ isn't like Real Strategy, which is a complete rework of AI behavior (well, as the modding possibilities allow), including when the AI should start/stop pusrsuing a Victory Type.
    AI++ just encourages Conquest/Domination by making the AI militarilly more agressive (including having more starting Units).
    So it's not like Real Strategy or how AI+ was.

6. HorseHead

HorseHead Guest

Ahhh okay. Thank you very much:). I plan on trying them both out.

Zegangani likes this.
  7. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt King

I might have a Pc soon and have taken it as a personal challenge to try and redeem this game through mods (others and my own) so I’d like to see your feedback on these mods

8. HorseHead

HorseHead Guest

I'm not a super great player anyway:sad: but I will try to let you know the difference between them (I was thinking about testing a huge combination of mods so if I do I am going to make a post with the lists of them and which ones work with each other and possibly open google database of compatible mods of other people to add to)

9. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt King

Thank you!

10. ThunderLizard2

ThunderLizard2 Warlord

Neither does much tbh. Some tweaking around the edges. As stated here a million times Firaxis refuses to release dll code even after they've abandoned the game unlike Civ V were we got a real AI mod with vox populi. Just really sad and selfish.

glider1 likes this.
  11. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

Where is the evidence that they have abandoned the game?

12. ThunderLizard2

ThunderLizard2 Warlord

No patches since last patch in April that broke more than it fixed. No communication from devs. Thank you (more like goodbye and good luck) note from devs in May. What else do you need?

From the entire team here at Firaxis, thank you coming along for the ride in this year of Civilization. Whether you bought the New Frontier Pass right at the start, or only have the base game. Whether you are new to the Civilization series, or been playing with us since 1991. You are the best fans in gaming!

Cedbird77 and aieeegrunt like this.
  13. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

So? Dose not mean they are not going to fix it. Maybe civ 6 is bit on lower rader right now but that doesn't mean they are not going to update it. When was civ 5's final update?
    October 2014... a whole year since their last update-fall 2013. When was civ 6's last update April 2021. It's not even a year since their last update.

14. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt King

This is ridiculous

It should not take AN ENTIRE YEAR to fix a typo that shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

15. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

16. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

NFP is finished and they are taking things slow. Don't be too hasty and proclaim that they have abandoned the game-they haven't.

17. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

And people don’t realize is that this is normal for Fraxis to take it slow. NFP was exception rather than the norm. Is it annoying? YES. But we shouldn't be a doomsayer and say "doomed doomed the game is doomed and abandoned!"

18. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Disagreeing here. I can't speak AI++ (haven't tried), but @Infixo has improved the AI considerably with his mod. The AI settles ultra-agressively, builds a lot of units and declares war on you. It speaks for itself that I mention such "basics" as huge improvement, but that doesn't change the fact that it is one. Breathing needed life into the AI. It still has trouble with advanced concepts and you have all the neat little tools like ressource trading to work out your advantage, but some "tweaking around the edges" is not describing its effect, IMO.

19. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

I have a suspension that he wanted to mock on poor civ 6 ai rather than talk about either of these two mods.

Pfeffersack likes this.
  20. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Probably, but I want to avoid that anyone is deterred from at least trying the mod because of this line. It's no "Civ6 Deep Blue" for sure, but still a must-have mod for me (like some others Infixo did)

pokiehl likes this.