Real Strategy (AI)

Real Strategy (AI) 2.3.1

I am on my second game with this mod. I skimmed over the details looking for this, does this affect AI deals? It seems like AI are a little hard bargainers when it comes to trading. I feel like I can't take advantage over them anymore, lol. I can't tell if your mod does that or Restore Flirtatious and Curmudgeon. Those two were adding in my 2 games and I was both female Civs. All and all this bargaining is nice, I feel the push and pull of it, like I have to work at getting a good deal.

Edit: I am also using Dynamic Diplomacy, that could be it, but I games I played before never were like that with deals.

Last edited:
... thank you for done to the robot !!! in the menu of additional content your the fashions included but on the book of the stored game he is not.so must it be ???

Attachments

• additional content.png
    additional content.png
    602.1 KB · Views: 233
  • saves.png
    saves.png
    735.2 KB · Views: 180
... with your Mod pikeman barbarians hurry on all map (attack a city)

Last edited:
Hello to all. I just finished my second game for Holland. Never played for this nation in Civ 6 - decided to try. I like it. The polders have proven very helpful. But the most important thing is that I got a complete picture of Real Strategy. Now I will describe the most significant changes in comparison with Ai +. I can not compare this mod with the vanilla game since the last year I used Ai +. So the points:

1. The computer is actively using the fleet. Indeed attacks the city from the sea. But in the later stages of the game, he does not have enough mind to shell cities from the sea before attacking assault naval units on them. Of course, England fired at my city with the help of submarines, but when the level of protection passes over a hundred - attacking a fortified city is pure suicide. But among other things, England attacked infantry units well by shelling them from the sea.

2. On land, the computer acts more competently and aggressively. Declares war only when ready for it. It happened to England. We had conflicts over territories. Victoria wanted to gain a foothold on my continent. And I was not ready for such a competent siege. Victoria used support units - a medic and an artillery supply column. Drove to the city two artillery shells. In the end, I lost a wonderful city with polders on the lakes. I was furious! And all because my main army forces were on another continent. Then a very brutal war began. Largely due to the fact that England is well strengthened. There is one thing to learn from the computer - the location of military camps in such a way that would increase strategic superiority. Victoria and Qin Shi Huang know how to do it.

3. Another interesting thing awaits in the diplomatic menu. When a bad relationship or condemnation of the computer began to demand a lot. Demands, demands, demands! Constant demands from the computer. Not every turn, of course, but with a noticeable periodicity. It should also be noted that the computer has become more actively enter into alliances.

4. Now let's talk about air units. Indeed, almost half of the countries, including city-states, began to build airports. Especially Greece. Greece even built at least two aircraft units. So potentially the computer can now use aviation. Even the cultural Antananarivo built the airport. But even to the 400th move, I did not notice the global air battles. And wars and conflicts did happen, but they did not end with anything global. Basically, of course, they hurt the city states. Again, Norway was conquered with Russia and Korea.

5. This time three countries entered the space race. Germany and Korea succeeded, but were repelled by sabotages. Later joined Russia. But before Russia, I joined the race myself and was able to win. In general, I was also close to a cultural victory.

6. Civilizations use spies more intelligently. I already wrote about this earlier. Very competent espionage, not only from France, but also from other nations.

That's the main things. The game has one problem - these are increased fines for militarism. They are really very big. I can not say that I played very aggressively. But I fought with Poland and England. And as it seems to me, I was getting unfair fines. I did not conquer all of Poland. I just won two or three cities from it. And that's all - after that, everything is bad towards me until the end of the game. And the war, meanwhile, was in the Renaissance. Moreover, the fines for militarism are decreasing very slowly. This is no good. And God, how annoying the look of the Queen of France. When she is angry with you and you refuse her - she has such a nasty expression on her face. Disgusting. I certainly love the artistic style of the sixth civilization. But with the design of some of the leaders, the authors are clearly overdone. Especially the design of Alexander the Great. If the real Alexander the Great saw how he was painted in the sixth civilization, he would have broken the legs of the artist. I am not kidding. And this is strange because Gilgamesh and Cyrus were portrayed normally. Why such a focus on Alexander?

Anyway... What do I suggest? Infixo, I suggest to create a mod called "Real Militarism". The idea of this mod is very simple - to reduce fines for militarism, as well as to increase the rate of reduction of fines for militarism. Of course, you need to do it correctly, so as not to disturb the balance too much. Those who participate in global wars must become the enemy of humanity. But why not to seize a couple of cities in the industrial era and go unpunished in the eyes of the public? Reasons for war do not really help. Anyway, very heavy fines. If you create that standalone mod - many players would appreciate that. Including me. I know what I'm talking. I already had the experience of playing with mods lowering penalties for militarism. But these mods also affected other aspects of the game. In 2017 I tested Dynamic Diplomacy and Quo's Combined Tweaks. These mods are tuning the militarism, but they also changed other things.

P.S. I've stumbled upon some stability issues but I don't know exatly which mod is responsible. Actually I don't use much mods. Only some from the Real series, Production queue, Better report Screen and two mods adding units from Deliverator... But after every 40-50 turns I began to get freezes and errors... My computer meets the recommended gaming requirements. But it feels like mods are loading RAM ... I only have 8 gigabytes. But this is still normal. I don't play on huge custom maps from YAMP or similar mods. I'm using standart Large. This time I played on continents. Standart Continents. Size was Large. Game ended in Informational Era at 418 turn. Played on Monarch. That's more fair difficulty for Real Strategy...

Ah yes! I've almost forgot: a little bonus on the screenshots! Beautiful Dutch Polders.

Attachments

• 03.02.2019_10.10.58_1.jpg
    03.02.2019_10.10.58_1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 243
  • 03.02.2019_10.11.27_2.jpg
    03.02.2019_10.11.27_2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 266
  • 03.02.2019_10.11.43_3.jpg
    03.02.2019_10.11.43_3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 247
  • 03.02.2019_10.11.52_4.jpg
    03.02.2019_10.11.52_4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 189
  • 03.02.2019_10.12.20_6.jpg
    03.02.2019_10.12.20_6.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 233
Last edited:
I will update Real Strategy for GS but it will take a lot of time. Besides a new victory type, there have been multiple changes to AI and behavior trees. Also, on strategy level, 2 new systems have been implemented by Firaxis. So, yeah, lots of new stuff that I need first to understand and test.
Please be patient.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the mod is not compatible with Gathering Storm. Could you give us any idea when and if we could wait for update?

Infixo updated Real Strategy with a new update entry:

Version 1.1 Gathering Storm

Version 1.1
Gathering Storm update. Please note that it will take few versions before the mod will be fully updated and balanced for GS. This is the first of the updates.
- Completed all technical changes required to work with GS.
- Diplomatic Victory enabled with an inital strategy. There is a scoring function implemented that will be tweaked in the coming weeks. Please note that vanilla game does NOT have any diplo strategy.
- All leaders from GS have their strategies reviewed. Some tweaks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Infixo, your mod looks great! I am in the middle of a fame so I have not used it yet.

I am also using some of your other excellent mods - Real Science Pace, Real Tech Tree, Real Nobel Prize, Better Tech Tree, and Better Report Screen.

Do you know if your mods conflicts with any of the mods below? I have been testing mods to make the AI more of a challenge as the eras progress, since I see the AI just falling further and further behind as the eras progress. Also, I

-------------
Adjust progress to difficulty
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1674999136

Increasing Research Costs and Harder Eurekas
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1257647415

Jam's Difficulty Mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1656782378

Smoother Difficulty 1.4
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1675710036
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/smoother-difficulty.25423/

Zee's Properly Timed Eras
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1676363302

@Jason Farber Unfortunately there are too many mods for anyone to check compatiblities between them. I don't know those you mentioned, sorry.
You can either look for errors in the logs and if there are some, find out what is causing them. If you post them here, I might take a look.
Or just review the .sql or .xmls. If the same table is being updated by more than 1 mod, then there is a big chance that the mods would conflict.

Edit. Better Tech Tree and Better Report Screen are just UI mods. Real Strategy changes AI. Real Nobel Prize s just 1 line of code. Only Real Tech Tree needs a closer look, but RTT only changes dependencies between techs plus there is a eureka boost update to make them 35%.

Top Bottom