Real Tech Tree

Real Tech Tree 3.3

Hi. I keep getting the following error in Database.log. I'm not sure how to check whether the UPDATE statements actually worked or not.

Code:
[2360928.191] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: TechnologyPrereqs.Technology, TechnologyPrereqs.PrereqTech
[2360928.191] [Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into TechnologyPrereqs('Technology', 'PrereqTech') values (?, ?);'
[2360928.191] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into TechnologyPrereqs('Technology', 'PrereqTech') with  values (TECH_SHIPBUILDING, TECH_CELESTIAL_NAVIGATION, ).
[2360928.191] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table TechnologyPrereqs from file RTT_Technologies.xml.
[2360928.191] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: TechnologyPrereqs.Technology, TechnologyPrereqs.PrereqTech
[2360928.333] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2360928.349] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.

Thanks

@Crusader2010 You must have another mods modifying TechnologyPrereqs because RTT doesn't generate any erorrs.

Thank you. I've tracked it down to Quo's Combined Tweaks mod. Commented all the lines related to the research/civics trees, and now everything works properly. Sorry for the confusion!

Thank you. I've tracked it down to Quo's Combined Tweaks mod. Commented all the lines related to the research/civics trees, and now everything works properly. Sorry for the confusion!
@Crusader2010
What did you comment out exactly to get these two to work? im having the same problem and id love to know how you got both working. thanks ^^

My logs for the future tech 'bug'. Not sure if I have posted the logs though.
I'm Why Is Water Wet on steam, commented in the steam mod page.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 179
@Omniessence
You have errors from:
JNR_CH_Oasis_Adjacency_Gameplay.xml
ImprovedAqueduct_Text.xml
GodKing.sql
SlowerEras.sql (8 Ages Of Pace)
Plus several FOREIGN KEY constraint failed.

I am pretty sure it is "8 Ages of Pace" that causes problems as it updates the tech costs and Future Era is randomized via tech costs.

I strongly suggest not to use mods that are not compatible with GS.

I am pretty sure it is "8 Ages of Pace" that causes problems as it updates the tech costs and Future Era is randomized via tech costs.

Ouch, no wonder I had this issue as well in my current game. And since the random techs are created on game start, the connections are set on stone...

Hi my first post in 5 years - this is a great mod! Is there any easy way to tweak your mod's files to ensure 0 beelining (i.e. need research all techs in current era to progress to next)? I've hoped for such a rule in Civ since I started playing this 20 years ago

Hi my first post in 5 years - this is a great mod! Is there any easy way to tweak your mod's files to ensure 0 beelining (i.e. need research all techs in current era to progress to next)? I've hoped for such a rule in Civ since I started playing this 20 years ago
I haven’t seen any flag or switch that would do that in one go. You just need to create required dependencies, so basically each tech/civic in the first column of an era requires (almost) all techs/civics from the previous era.
Vanilla game and my mod have lots of dependencies to n-2 and even n-3 column. If you add all required n-1 dependencies, things will get messy in UI. The trees don’t handle well this stuff.
It would be much easier and better just to delete all dependencies and create your own from the scratch I think.

Dear All, I would like to ask for your preference
Recently I have received a request to change the "Affects Save Files" flag into YES. Currently the flag is set to NO, because in fact this mod does not affect save files, only changes game config which is not stored in the save file. You can load the game with the mod or without it and still continue to play. When the flag is set to YES, once the game starts with the mod, it will be registered in the save file and loaded automatically later. You won't be able to continue playing without the mod.
If you have an opinion on this, please let me know what setting would you prefer.

Edit. The YES setting is helpful for MP games, where it ensures (to some extent) that all players use the agreed mods. The NO setting is probably better for SP games, where you have flexibility to use the mod whenever you want.

Last edited:
Future tech not working as you intended. It can be researched from the industrial area. To research information era technologies (from the begining) I need the pre 60-63 tech. For future only 29-33. :-\

Top Bottom