Real WWII

mr.karas

Chieftain
Real WWII scenario

Introduction:
Now is year 1942. Almost whole Europe is occupied by Nazi Germany. German army can reach key cities in Soviet Union Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad and demoralize Soviet Union. A crucial battle of WWII begins (Battle of Stalingrad). On western part of Europe Allies countries are prepared to Normandy landing, liberation of France and attacking Germany. In eastern Asia Japanese army occupied big part of pacific area and some Chinese cities, including Shanghai. One year ago Japan destroyed American pacific base Pearl Harbour and now Americans are prepared to counterstrike including atomic bombs... The main question is: Can YOU change the history of world?

Scenario is based on world map (1942):

Key features:
-Real boundaries of countries
-Real city names used in 1942 (Stalingrad=Volgograd, Leningrad=St.Petersburg, Sverdlovsk=Ekaterinburg, Molotov=Perm, Dihua=Urumqi)
-Real population in cities (if data was available) For example population of New York was 7,4milions in 1940, in game city is level 24 (7,3mil.)
-Real placement of strategic and luxury resources, real quantity of resources. For example Arabia and Venezuela (in game city state Caracas) owns almost 50% oil reserves like in real world.
-World and natural wonders are placed according reality.
-Real ratio of forces.
-Civilizations founded religions similar to reality.

Playable civs:

Axis
Germany is rich, educated, with strong skilled army. They covered almost whole Europe, but they don´t have colonies on other continents and they need more strategic resources

Japan is small with lot of conquested areas in Pacific and China

Italy has colonies in north Africa and they want to expand territory.

Allies
France has many colonies (mostly in Africa) with lot of resources, but they are poor with low infrastructure. Big part of France is occupied by Germany.

Russia is big, with great potencial and lot of resources. But some of their cities aren´t developed. They army is big but inexperienced.

England has the most colonies which produces lot of money and research. They are also rich of resources, but it can be hard to keep them all.

USA is big rich country with strong army. War line is outside their territory so they can develop safely. They need some resources, especially oil

China is big and has great potential of expand, but must free their cities occupied by japan.

Brazil is part of Allies, but it´s too far to play important role in battles. Country has great potential.

Other playable civs: Mongolia, Portugal, Spain, Turkey (Ottomans), Egypt, Arabia, Mexico (Aztec)

15 City states

Screenshots:

Eastern Europe:
Spoiler :

Central Africa
Spoiler :

North America
Spoiler :

East Asia
Spoiler :

South America
Spoiler :

Known bugs:
For now i cannot add 2 world wonders (Mausoleum of Halicarnassus and Temple of Artemis) to game, but you can build them.
Years counted +40 for every turn. I recommend to use some time mod (you can find it on this forum)

Starting game:
1. Download map file and save it to MAP folder. Usually C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps
2. Start game and select MODS
3. If you want to use some time scenario tick it, otherwise click NEXT
4. Select Custom game, and choose map Real WWII, don´t forget tick Load scenario
5. Choose leader, difficulty and PLAY

Enjoy ;)

This is version 2 of my map. If you find some mistake, send me message or post it here, I´ll try to correct it and upload new map file. This is my first scenario.

Main changes in Version 2:
-Improved happiness for Russia
-Added new rivers (Rio Grande, Colorado, Columbia, Ohio, Orinoco, Paraguay, Zambezi, Volta, Senegal, Vistula...
-Added polders field to territory of Netherland

This upload contains DEMO version of map (without USA and CHINA)
For full version please visit:
Moderator Action: Commercial link removed. leif

Attachments

• Real_WWII_Demo.Civ5Map
    309.1 KB · Views: 466
Last edited by a moderator:
This looks great, but can be improved a little. First, let us adopt ideology from T0. Russia starts the game with 96 unhappy and -300 gpt. I can't use social policy saving and was forced to spend all 10k culture in social policy (I manage to lower the unhappiness to 40, but that's still -40% combat penalty). I noticed the AI will adopt ideology right after I clicked next turn, so the player is left as the only one without ideology (as I am forced to spend all culture at T0). So the -40% combat penalty will be there until I, somehow, can get the tenets. Poor Russia...

I will try a couple other civs, hopefully they are more playable.

In Russia is many cities and people, also big unhapinnes, but it can be reduced by social policies. When I tested the scenario, sometimes I could spent culture only to social policies (the same as you) and sometimes also to ideologies. I don´t know on what it depends. I think that can be some bug in game not in scenario, but I will look on it. Which difficulty did you play?

I tried this on emperor. I manage to enable SP saving by editing manually from scenario editor, but I can't figure out how to adopt ideology from T0, so player will always be last to adopt ideology. Well, I guess that's just another handicap to AI.

Game was tested for difficulty 3. So when you choose it, unhappiness will be lower... I can add more buildings like ZOO, Colosseum to make less unhappiness, but when somebody choose for example difficulty 2 he will get +200 happiness :)

Version 2 released.
Tested for Difficulty 4 (Normal)
Happiness for Russia is now improved, you can change unhappiness from -96 to +10 by social policies first turn.. Ideology can be chosen second turn.

This seems like a great and well done scenario, but Spain keeps freezing the game on it's turn for me. At first it froze the game at the end of turn 4 (as Germany), so I started the game again, and Spain frozen the game again at the end of turn 2.

I'm not sure if that's my problem or a scenario problem though. :)

Also, do you know which time mod works for this? Do you have a link?

Do you remember what settings you used? (nation, difficulty etc..) I will try to start game with the same settings.
I use usually this time scenario and never had problems with it.

This seems like a great and well done scenario, but Spain keeps freezing the game on it's turn for me. At first it froze the game at the end of turn 4 (as Germany), so I started the game again, and Spain frozen the game again at the end of turn 2.

I'm not sure if that's my problem or a scenario problem though. :)

Also, do you know which time mod works for this? Do you have a link?

I have the same problem, and that is with the time mod referenced above. It's a shame because this looks like so much fun. My 2010 iMac doesn't really handle large maps in general though :(

Thanks.

I've tried playing as Germany, Spain, and Brasil on Prince level I think. They seem to freeze around turn 2-4ish for me.

Now I played 8 turns for Germany, prince diff. with time mod and nothing happend. Everything was fine :)

Fair enough, I'll try again.

By the way, in your screenshot it seems to show Mexico in control of Minsk... how does that happen? :goodjob:

(Is there a reason why Norway's oil doesn't provide any oil resources? I don't think it does anyway).

Fair enough, I'll try again.

By the way, in your screenshot it seems to show Mexico in control of Minsk... how does that happen? :goodjob:

(Is there a reason why Norway's oil doesn't provide any oil resources? I don't think it does anyway).

Just try it, there was no problems by playing.
Yes I had sell Minsk to Mexico, because next turn Russians would capture it, it was better choice :)
I think there is an offshore platform near Norway and provide 1 or 2 oil for Germany.

Just try it, there was no problems by playing.
Yes I had sell Minsk to Mexico, because next turn Russians would capture it, it was better choice :)
I think there is an offshore platform near Norway and provide 1 or 2 oil for Germany.

I know there's an offshore platform off Denmark, but there's oil off Norway which doesn't seem to provide oil. Also there seems to be oil in North East Brazil that doesn't give you any oil.

I'm not sure if it's just my game being weird though.

hi, good mod, i love it. But i cant find time mod. Can u link it please? Sry for my english

Sry for offtop, but i have crash on 2nd turn. Its on all scenarios. How can i fix this? Who have same problem? I was search a solution 4 days, but doesnt found. I rly wanna play this scenario =(

Sry for offtop, but i have crash on 2nd turn. Its on all scenarios. How can i fix this? Who have same problem? I was search a solution 4 days, but doesnt found. I rly wanna play this scenario =(

please post settings wich you played (Nation, difficulty...etc.) I´ll try to simulate the same game.

I play emperor, with the Ottomans.
Game crashes after 2 turns.
tried 3 times. does not work

Top Bottom