• We need to know your opinion about our social media accounts! Tell us here if you follow us on social media and what we could improve.

Realism Invictus Pitboss game

Does it need to go in the mods folder? Because I extracted it in the BtS folder(inside the steamapps folder, not from documents) and the extracted file didn't go under mods.

There are some folders included, one goes under BtS folder, the other one is Realism Invictus PITBOSS which goes under mods folder (under BtS). Extracting the zip should automatically go to the right folders.

Well yeah I'm a little confused, I think this would be easier under a discord call, either your evening today or tomorrow, would that be possible?

Well yeah I'm a little confused, I think this would be easier under a discord call, either your evening today or tomorrow, would that be possible?
I'm away from home right now, I'll send you a message when I come back home and we can have a chat on discord or whatever :)

Does it need to go in the mods folder? Because I extracted it in the BtS folder(inside the steamapps folder, not from documents) and the extracted file didn't go under mods.

In the zip there are 2 files and 2 folders: if you extract everything in the BTS folder it should work: Civ4BeyondSword2015.exe, BTS_Wrapper.exe and BTS_Wrapper_Libs should all go in the BTS folder. Then there's a mod\Realism Invictus PITBOSS folder which can be extracted in your BTS folder and will place "Realism Invictus PITBOSS" folder in your mods folder, where it should be. Also make sure that a shortcut on your desktop points to

"[YOUR_CIV4_INSTALLATION_FOLDER]\Beyond the Sword\BTS_Wrapper.exe" mod= "Realism Invictus PITBOSS"

I just tried it again and it works for me.
Did you also try installing ZeroTier for virtual Lan connection?

Edit: for the shortcut you can also right click on the BTS_wrapper.exe and create a desktop shortcut. Then you modify that shortcut adding
mod= "Realism Invictus PITBOSS"

Last edited:
I'll try that out, but yeah I was asleep when you just came back lol. Maybe today would work?

Sorry I didn't make it this morning, I might be here tonight bur probably too late for you. Maybe we can try again tomorrow.

Also what are the map settings for climate and how many AI civs will we have? Are we going to have barb civs and revolutions?

Anyone else wants to pick a civ/leader?
Unless it's already taken I'd like to play as Xiao of Qin from South China. If someone else has their eyes on South China just let me know, I can choose something else, no problem.

I'll try your setup today to see if it works, so hopefully everything is ready for Sunday.
So I think I got Civ all setup in the way you described in the first post with the zip file. RI starts and it says Realism Invictus PITBOSS now in the top right corner in the main menu.

Last edited:
Once installed you'll have to join my network, the code is 3efa5cb78a3fe1db. I'll have to approve you, just send me a message when you join so that I know it's one of you.
Hi it's me :) I just tried to join your network. It seems to have connected, it just says under Status: ACCESS_DENIED

Gonna have to do the install tomorrow, but is anyone looking to play as Germany? It's between them and America as my two top choices.
As a German myself that would have been my second choice ;) I already played as the 'Old Fritz' (who is called Frederick in English for some reason as I found out) on my first playthrough of this mod

Hi it's me :) I just tried to join your network. It seems to have connected, it just says under Status: ACCESS_DENIED

I just authorized you, it should work now if you want to try and connect, IP is 10.242.42.223:2067. It's just a test game with random civs and options

Also what are the map settings for climate and how many AI civs will we have? Are we going to have barb civs and revolutions?

Default settings for the map besides the ones described in the first post. Yes to Barb Civs and Yes to Revolutions. Default number of civs should be 18 if I'm not mistaken

@Monsijo still with us if you want to play? We need you to pick a leader/civ.
@Temae , you leader/civ?
@AspiringScholar any preference about your leader?
@FireBlaze same for you: leader/civ?

Current situation (first post updated):

- 45°38'N-13°47'E (45degrees) - Joseph Stalin of Russia (still not sure)
- bluecivdoom - Chandragupta Maurya of Hindi Empire or Wu of Han of North China
- Sinocpm - Xiao of Qin of South China
- Monsijo (?)
- Temae
- AspiringScholar - America / Germany
- FireBlaze
- Yaldabaoth (from discord)
- connorbot (from discord) - Mutsuhito of Japan

Also, sinocpm has been able to join my virtual-lan; anyone else wants to try? I'll leave the test server up in the next days; you first need to join ZeroTier virtual-lan (no need to register on ZeroTier, just install it from the link I provided in the first post and then join the network 3efa5cb78a3fe1db. I'll have to authorize you, so send me a private message when you wish to join. Then you can connect via DirectIP to 10.242.42.223:2067

Last edited:
Top Bottom