1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realism Invictus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Feb 13, 2011.

1. En_Dotter

En_Dotter Prince

Its a common bug that i experienced with a lot of mods and sometimes with the unmodded version.
    Use direct ip method to join games. If 2 of you are in lan use the 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx ip where xxx is the number belonging to the host. You can see that if u go to your network connection details.
    If you 2 are not in lan u can use sites like www.whatismyip.com and that should do it. Ofc check the firewalls and such.

2. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

3.1 has two earth map scenarios - one larger and one smaller.

3. NDU

NDU Chieftain

hello i am having a trouble in a world map game, it crashed on late middle ages reasearching music notation (600 ad ,2 turs before or after) and i tryed many times to continue playing but it did wanted, what should i do (i couldn't upload save file 3mb) thanks.

4. Harrier

Harrier Deity

What Error Message did you get and what are your machine specs. It is usually due to a low/medium spec machine. RI is very graphic intensive, even more so on the World Maps.

5. souza50

souza50 Chieftain

I found it an absurd to the human history that a game who claims to try to be as realistic as possible completely ignores the 6 th largest economy of the world to include civs that have made 1/100 of the contribuition to the human civilization than the brazilian people have.

The excuse that you use only original civs is not acceptable, or you should ignore the united states too.

Brazilians have been offended by the so called "realism" that ignores reality and one of the more important civilizations of the world.

Shame on you !!!

6. IdiotsOpposite

IdiotsOpposite Boom, headshot.

Or you could, ya know, suggest that they include Brazil and state reasons why you think it should be included. But I'm sure starting off by yelling incoherently at them will work too.

7. NDU

NDU Chieftain

i dunno the error, but i have had some blue screens saying "memory_management" my PC is a core 2 quad q9550 2.83ghz, wst dig 320 gb hard drive, 4gb ddr2 (almost new memory), nvidia gtx 260 896mb windows 7 64bits playing on 1440x900, medium graphics, 0 antial, single unit. i thought thant specs were alright, i initially played with high res and graphics like 3 months ago but it crashed more frecuently. now i don't know what to do. i can't upload my savegame. it's 3 mb.

8. Walter Hawkwood

Are you sure you have a 64-bit OS? What you're reporting is a Memory Allocation error, and it only occurs on 32-bit systems.

9. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Nobody stops you to do your own personal mod by replacing one civ with Brazil. So please stop shouting and start working! :)

10. Gnacko

Gnacko Chieftain

I don't know where to start. This Mod is just so great! The diversity in terms of units, buildings, looks, gameplay features, strategies and the resulting replayability is just ridiculous.

I also love the AI. It is a much higher threat than it was ever before. The amount of backstabbing if you don't pay attention and expose your flanks is a pain in the a**

Again in my current game, I was managing my colonial expansion and dealing with the primitive oversea civs and out of the in nowhere a rather minor state, must have felt beeing pushed into a cornor, attacked my motherland and broke the century long peace and trading prosperity of the "old world". Also with surprisingly modern and large forces and when i really didn't expect it.

Spoiler :

The AI really knows how to prepare and how many and what kind of forces it needs to make something happen, i might loose a city here, my forces are spread rather thin.

11. NDU

NDU Chieftain

yep its windows 7 64 bits, but the error occurs after the games crashed, like a minute later.

I also have another question, if i am running free religion, i will loose my holy city? (with holy city migration on)

12. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Strange! Cruel, now one of the RI team members comes from Brazil. I don't think Cruel is offended.

Maybe you should do what Cruel has been doing for years and contribute, not just complain.

13. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

:)Brazil may be in one day. At first, it will probably be a derivative civ.
    What is sure is that complaining isn't the best solution to make thing going faster.

14. Bogus

Bogus Chieftain

In fact I'm pretty sure MAFs occur with 64 bit system too. The limit before it happens is set to your rig RAM rather than to the 32 bit system RAM management limit (2 gigs?). I've had some consistently on world map (huge), and I've got 64 bit OS with 8 gig RAM.

15. Ambassador

Ambassador Peacemonger

If I buy a new notebook, what specifics do I have to think of in order to run RI smoothly on it? Except a 64 bit system?

16. Walter Hawkwood

Sorry, I didn't read your second post well enough. Blue screens are not connected to MAFs. This is very likely a hardware problem you are experiencing. Some memory may be faulty out of the box - I ran into it myself unfortunately. Corrupted memory is what I believe most likely to be the reason for this (it occurs when you play our mod because Windows uses most of available memory, and thus it probably "reaches" the faulty sectors that aren't normally used when you aren't close to 100% memory capacity).

And yes, you will eventually lose your Holy City if you are at Free Religion.

Not Intel graphic chipset. Something Ati or Nvidia. Also at least 4 gigs of RAM.

17. Propunk

Propunk Warlord

The TR guys have put an enormous amount of effort into their mod, all this free of charge. TR (or RI, as it is today) is the only reason why so many of us still play civ4. I think all suggestions and questionings should be welcome, but straight forward demands not as much. I've asked about a Brazilian civ myself, politely. It'd definitely be a lot of fun for me, but this is a mod, made freely by people who are not me. People from various nations come here and become friends, have fun. That's more than enough.

18. Soro

Soro Warlord

This.

Though as a modder for another game, I know it's unlikely to stop people from making demands--and even assuming that modders are paid(!) for their efforts.

RI is a fine mod, produced in spare time by a lot of people, for nothing. If you want to add features to it, like new nationals, consider learning to mod and creating a mini-mod. Just a constructive thought.

19. Palaiologos2

Palaiologos2 Prince

Derivative? of whom? the Portuguesse? They are not playable themselves in the first place.

Are derivative civs planned for all nations of the world map?

20. NDU

NDU Chieftain

Hello, please help me, i tryed many times to continue my game (with different configurations) , but it still crashes 2 turns after i load my savefile (late med ages techs 600ad world map huge) . My PC = 2.83 quad intel, 4gb ram ddr2, 320 gb hd, nvidia gtx 260 896mb, windows 7 64 bits. should i load an earlier savefile, or it's really my memory that like you said, has some problems? what should i do?, thanks for all the help and support, i really love this mod!

Error:

Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH
    Nombre de la aplicación: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    Versión de la aplicación: 3.1.9.0
    Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 4a0c27e6
    Nombre del módulo con errores: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
    Versión del módulo con errores: 0.0.0.0
    Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 4ef328e1
    Código de excepción: c0000005
    Desplazamiento de excepción: 00109fb0
    Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Id. de configuración regional: 7178
    Información adicional 1: 8485
    Información adicional 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
    Información adicional 3: a4ea
    Información adicional 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

EDIT: I checked my memory for trouble and one of two memories was having erros, so i changed it and now i am not having BSOD's but the game still crashes in the same way. thanks for the help.