1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realism Invictus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Just went and checked, and they weren't. There is even no simple way that could happen in XML file. There must be some other explanation for what you saw.

2. nudden

nudden Prince

Hello TR Team,
    ive got a problem with the SVN download ... its my first time so i dont really know what iam doing wrong ffs. i followed the instructions from this site (http://www.realism-invictus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=825) ... but when i try to download i get always the same messages.

Checkout from https://civ4mods.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/civ4mods/realism/bts/trunk/mod, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included
    Can't create directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's
    Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Realism\.svn': Zugriff verweigert (access denied)
    Completed...

help is appreciated. thx in advance.

3. Walter Hawkwood

Try launching Tortoise SVN with admin rights. Looks like you don't have enough rights to create the folder structure for SVN checkout.

4. Peregrine

Peregrine The Swift

First; IMO, best mod available. I don't bother playing anything other than RI now.

That said, a good selection of Europe maps, of varying size, would be the best new element in the mix. I've tried making maps. Not as easy as it seems. There are several aspects to mapmaking w/Civ4 that make it much more difficult than it should be.

However, if there were some good Europa maps, given the superb detail in techs, civics, and the terrain, city, and unit graphics . . . I can state that my time after that would be spent constructing scenarios using RI. RI's unit list alone simply begs for recreations of: Iron Age Mediterranean, Rise of Islam, Volkerwandering era, Charlemagne, World of the 10th century, High Medieval, World of the 16th century, World of the 18th century, Age of Imperialism, and, of course, the two World Wars. These scenarios would add substantially to the long-term playability of RI, and, although it doesn't seem to need it much, advertise the superior aspects of the mod.

For what it's worth.

5. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler :

Hopefully you can get this fixed.. I'm a huge fan of SVN myself. This is the 3rd Mod I've used this for. Good luck mate. :badcomp:

6. Alexej

Alexej Prince

How can one do that? It`s integrated in right click menu and can`t run as standalone program. I get different error :)

REPORT of '/svnroot/civ4mods/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body:
    SSL error: decryption failed or bad record mac
    (https://civ4mods.svn.sourceforge.net)

after 873 MB

7. Walter Hawkwood

Are you sure that you have enough free HDD space and that your internet connection is stable? Might be worth it to just retry if there is enough free space.

8. Darkphoenix

Darkphoenix Warlord

You are trying to install something into Program Files (x86). I'm going to guess that 90% of your problems come from this. Try installing it outside of there. Installing things into Program Files generally causes problems post-Windows Vista.

Also, this may be a shot in the dark, but I believe I had a similar error message years ago when I tried to connect to an SVN server with the following setup: My PC - ethernet cord -> Macbook - Wireless -> Router -> Internet. For whatever reason the Macbook being the middle of the process messed things up, but directly connecting when I could manage to get a good signal from my PC to the router and it worked fine.

9. Alexej

Alexej Prince

60GB of free space and i only buy digital games so i am downloading often, it`s my 4th attempt to get svn, guess i`ll have to wait for 3.2. If it`s problem on my side (PC) i don`t know what is it and what to fix :-/ I don`t have game in program files so that`s not a problem. When i try SVN update it says it`s locked, while trying to unlock results in nothing is locked :D I should kick my computer really

10. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

Another possibility - what browser are you using? How are the cookies, etc. set up? Some things work in IE that don't work in Firefox. Also, can you make the folder you need before you download, so that it doesn't have to make the folder?

Just a couple of thoughts.

11. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler :

Unfortunately, it may be a problem on your side. :cringe:...I have had no problems with the current, or past SVN. I wish I could be more helpful, but alas I had absolutely no problems to speak of, so I never needed to look into it.

EDIT:..just thought of something, though you may have checked aswell...DO you have the proper version, either 32bit or 64bit. It's a stretch but..

12. nudden

nudden Prince

thx for ur replies. i "fixed" the problem myself by creating a new folder on the desktop. that folder on the desktop didnt get these error messages. after downloading the content via SVN i copy+paste the stuff into the Realism folder. done.

cheers
    nudden

13. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

Hey I was wondering could you give me a quick rundown of how the leaders work and what each of the different modifiers do to them, like what the different numbers affect, because I would like to add just one new leader to my copy of Realism Invictus. Basically I want to add myself as a leader so I could get a leader that fits closer to my personality with the traits, and while i could just copy another leader and change a few items for me, in the chance that I would like to play against "myself" i would like to know what the different values would do on the leaderheadinfo in the xml. Also I want to say that this mod is amazing and I dont think I could ever go back to original civ IV after playing a bit of it.

14. Walter Hawkwood

http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Civ4LeaderHeadInfos

15. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

16. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Now it`s working, only disabled bitdefender firewall until tortoise svn completed task, can`t see logic in this but i am glad it`s on my hdd now :D

17. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler :

:goodjob: Yes, for me the main idea was to get a space on my puter where you can 'safely' transfer data. I have a designated "H-drive" for all these sorts of things, and I use avast security...very little issues if any for me there.

:cheers:

18. Nameless One

Nameless One Endarkened Despot

Sorry I was lazy about giving more feedback. Here it is.

After a closer inspection, it seems the buildings in towns are correct, but there are way too many of those tall buildings in comparison to the city, making the towns look like they were from industrial era. Into renaissance era now and the ratio of tall buildings is back to normal.

There's a balance issue I seem to have run into. Christianity is spreading too much. Even though it is founded rather late compared to earlier religions, most of the civs in my game are Christian. Also, I founded Taoism, but most of my cities have Christianity. I understand that it should historically spread faster than other religions to cover it's region, but in my game it's spreading through the whole world like wildfire.

Finally, a question. If I change a civic, will the civic-dependant buildings I constructed under my previous civic be destroyed or disabled or continue to function normally?

19. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

It's not a balance issue. That's intended.
    Christianity spreads very quickly. It's also the religion which can use the greatest number of missionaries.

I remember also some feedbacks of players complaining about the fact that early religions like Hinduism or Buddhism almost" conquer" the world. Just to say that it really depends on the game you're playing.
    Belive me, I have made and still make many tests: I have seen all cases (destroyed religion, early religions spreading quickly, etc)

Logically, they should be disabled and not destroyed. That way you can still use them if you revert to a previous civic.

20. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

To all players using the SVN version.

I'm at that time cleaning-up all the unit folders and files. If you update your SVN, you won't be able to use your saved games. Take care of this !