Realism Invictus

Most likely your download was interrupted before it was finished. The installer file is incomplete and fails the integrity check. Full installer should be 725264815 bytes.

Hmmm... I downloaded it twice, yet everytime this message pops up: NSIS error. When I click the download button the file size says 692 MB. Is that correct? What could be going wrong? ??? :confused::sad: (I'm desperate to try out your new version!)

EDIT: I have a cookie blocker activated and when I go on the download site a notice shows up asking me to activate cookies. Could this be the problem? Otherwise, download goes just fine. Until I try to open the .exe file.

Hmmm... I downloaded it twice, yet everytime this message pops up: NSIS error. When I click the download button the file size says 692 MB. Is that correct? What could be going wrong? ??? :confused::sad: (I'm desperate to try out your new version!)

The actual file you downloaded: right-click on it, select "Properties" and check its size please.

The actual file you downloaded: right-click on it, select "Properties" and check its size please.

It states 725.263.205 bytes. You wrote it should be 725.264.815. So some files are missing. I'll try the light version now to see if this works out.

EDIT: Same story. It tells me the media is damaged or the download incomplete. Which they shouldn't be. Is it somehow possible to get the file through another source? Is anybody else experiencing the same problem?

It states 725.263.205 bytes. You wrote it should be 725.264.815. So some files are missing. I'll try the light version now to see if this works out.

EDIT: Same story. It tells me the media is damaged or the download incomplete. Which they shouldn't be. Is it somehow possible to get the file through another source? Is anybody else experiencing the same problem?

No, I just tested again and came full download.

Woohoo! I'll be able to play from now on without the long 20 min of loading. Merry Christmess everyone!

It´s a way but not only one:
http://www.realism-invictus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=885

Hey all I'm loving the new release! My favorite part is that I don't have to wait for twenty minutes for it to load :D

I found something interesting with the perfectmongoose map script-

Not that I really expect anything to be done about it I just thought you guys would find it interesting!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

That coastline is like a builder's dream. Provided it goes all the way around of course. "Stay away! Just leave me alone!" :D
Unfortunately, no.. this gem of a city spot ended the line of mountains...
Spoiler :

Okay I remembered it being a lot better..

Merry Christmas! Congrats on getting 3.2 released!

Not 100% sure I installed right, I have a vague memory it worked like this for the last release, but when I start a new scenario (Huge World Map), it tells me the game needs to restart to be in the right mod... Realism Invictus. ...which I was already in. The game restarts and goes to the select a civ screen. I don't remember this happening for the svn version though. Is my mind just playing tricks on me?

Quick bug report:

Greek's can't build Quarries. It looks like when the Greek NI was changed to an earlier Water Mill variant, the ability to build Quarries was not added back in.

For anyone playing with/against the Greeks and needs a quick fix, it is simple:

Go find your Realism Invictus Folder.

Go to Realism Invictus/Assets/XML/Units/Civ4UnitInfos

Open the file in notepad or notepad++.

Hit "ctrl+f" to open the find window, then search for "worker_greece". Then once it is highlighted, search for "quarry". This should bring you to an entry called "quarry_salt" in the midst of everything the Greek worker can build.

Then just make a new line after the "</Build>" before the salt quarry section, and paste in:

Code:
				<Build>
					<BuildType>BUILD_QUARRY</BuildType>
					<bBuild>1</bBuild>
				</Build>

Restart the game and Greek workers should now be able to build Quarries again.

Sorry about not catching this during bug testing, I played a Greek game to test the new NI, but I did it on a random map so I could test the new fertile grounds you added for the random maps, and there wasn't any stone/marble nearby under my control. (There was a stone nearby, but another civ got it first and I just.... took it... and it already had the quarry built.)

Hey all I'm loving the new release! My favorite part is that I don't have to wait for twenty minutes for it to load :D

I found something interesting with the perfectmongoose map script-

Not that I really expect anything to be done about it I just thought you guys would find it interesting!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

One of the defining traits of the Perfectmongoose script is that it doesn't really care to create "city spots". It places all the stuff as it wants, often in a manner where resources can be out of reach, or at other times creating tantalizing spots that are very resource-rich, but almost impossible to have a decent amount of food, for example. I actually like this approach; it creates quite "inhospitable" maps that give you an additional challenge when planning cities.

Merry Christmas! Congrats on getting 3.2 released!

Quick bug report:

Greek's can't build Quarries. It looks like when the Greek NI was changed to an earlier Water Mill variant, the ability to build Quarries was not added back in.

Argh! I'm so embarassed. :( This one definitely merits a quick fix; let's wait for a couple more days though, to check if we probably missed something else.

Hello RI team :)
Thanks for that nice christmas gift!

Quick question: if i was already using the SVN, nothing news for me in that release (except the fact that it load faster)? I can keep using the SVN to see the first step of the 3.3? :p

And a quick bug report: i used a scout to kill a barbarian warrior. He gain 10XP from this one kill. Is that intended, as there is so few chance to kill something with a scout, or just a bug? :)

Happy holidays ^,^

Hello RI team :)
Thanks for that nice christmas gift!

Quick question: if i was already using the SVN, nothing news for me in that release (except the fact that it load faster)? I can keep using the SVN to see the first step of the 3.3? :p

And a quick bug report: i used a scout to kill a barbarian warrior. He gain 10XP from this one kill. Is that intended, as there is so few chance to kill something with a scout, or just a bug? :)

Happy holidays ^,^

Yes, 3.2 is basically what current SVN is. No news in this regard. And yes, XP gained is dependent on winning odds. Winning against huge odds gives lots of XP.

Argh! I'm so embarassed. :( This one definitely merits a quick fix; let's wait for a couple more days though, to check if we probably missed something else.

Sorry...:blush:

I was almost sure I have made an error that day. Now, I know: I forget to add the quarry.

It will be updated soon. Let's wait for more feedbacks.

There will be a 3.3. So, feel free to still use the SVN.

Yes, it is logical that the scout gains 10 XP. He almost had no chance to win but was lucky. 10 XP is the reward. (Lucky, you're lucky ! Belive me)

Great thanks for this present.

Spend my whole afternoon with 3.2. So far I'm stuck in a northern island on a huge tectonics map. Had to eliminate my only neighbour in self defence so I'm trying to get my hands on highsea ships asap.

Found a couple minor bugs:
Civelopedia: The link from "Rite of passage" wonder to the promotion does not work.
Bulb desired tech: Either I'm doing it wrong or its a bug but when I click on the icon I get a list of techs. I select one and the list pops up again. It only goes away when I click on the nevermind options at the bottom.

Not really a bug but the thing that irks me the most, each time I start the mod, via the icon or a save. The game resets the resolution and graphic settings, stating my machine hasn't got the required specs.
I can change the settings ingame but it doesn't save, so once I quite and restart I have to do it all over again. Never had this issue with any other mod.

Bulb desired tech: Either I'm doing it wrong or its a bug but when I click on the icon I get a list of techs. I select one and the list pops up again. It only goes away when I click on the nevermind options at the bottom.

I don't think this is a bug so much as just badly explained what it does. It sleeps the Great Person until the selected tech is ready to be bulbed. You can only ever bulb one tech, there's an order to them. Unfortunately this means if you want to bulb Divine Rule or whatever the name of that tech is, you'll have to research Polytheism or Dualism, or any other random earlier religious techs preventing later techs from being bulbed.

Not really a bug but the thing that irks me the most, each time I start the mod, via the icon or a save. The game resets the resolution and graphic settings, stating my machine hasn't got the required specs.
I can change the settings ingame but it doesn't save, so once I quite and restart I have to do it all over again. Never had this issue with any other mod.

Hmmmmm. I don't have that problem, so it's a bit hard for me to give tech advice. I'd say look through BUG options and regular options to see if there's any checks on startup you can disable. Otherwise I don't know any other solutions.

It will be updated soon. Let's wait for more feedbacks.

Sensible plan. :goodjob:

On another note, the new fertile lands are cool, but I was curious if you were going to ever add them in to the World Maps. Their purpose is obviously to fix the randomness of the random maps screwing civs with national improvements out of being able to build them, but I kinda like them.

I fully acknoweldge that the world map balance will be thrown out of whack without a careful consideration of where to put them, what resources they could replace for later access, etc. Would be very interesting, yet another "industrial" population boom, as all the civs can start planning to get corn and wheat, without them being available early on to ancient civs.

And I'm still holding out an "avoid unhappiness" button in addition or even as a replacement of the "avoid growth" button. Those food heavy cities with flood plains and mines and other unhealthy stuff get annoying with the micromanagement required to keep them happy and still at the maximum pop possible.

I found something..
Spoiler :

I took the "Forward Observers" promo and the buttons disappeared.. they did come back after I saved and reloaded but I thought you'd like to know.
View attachment Dravid.CivBeyondSwordSave

I have encountered this as well. I haven't had time to try to figure out its exact cause, but I suspect it's related to incompatible Civ4 user profile data of some sort, and it's possible that it only occurs on high-end systems (though I'm not sure of that).

As a workaround, try creating a new user profile in the "other" section of the options screen while the mod is loaded. During my testing of the installer I found that I simply had to load my profile again after installation and then anytime I started the mod up later it was happy.

-Josh

Top Bottom