Realism Invictus

Yes I agree - not being able to play the earth map is a little let down but the outstanding art and really great design of RI totally make up for it ! :)

Go to this site.

http://www.realism-invictus.com/forum/

Look in Ideas/Development/new 100x56 World Map.

By aod.

I have developed a new, smaller, earth map with 100x56 tiles, its RI 3.25 compatible, with scrubs, swamps and all.

It doesnt has the minors civs, but its playable with 27 civs. Its not multiplayer-balanced like earth evolution, but every civ has a shot at winning, some with different strategies.

This map is geographically acurate, except for an enlarged europe. Europe is like 50% larger, so all european civs (France, Poland, Germany, Spain, Rome, Greece, Vikings, England, Russia) have a better playfield.

Its faster than the Large RI map, although not as fast as I hoped. I also set it to LEGENDARY (0.5x) speed, but I may change it depending on your input.

You even get Poland. ;)

Hello RI, i wanted to ask you for what is electricity needed now after factory bonuses were moved to craftsman?

Thanks for making the best game ever! :goodjob:

Simply, we haven't added yet the last Industrial System component. As soon as the code will be finished you will understand why electricity is needed.

I have been tearing into XML for five years and still learn stuff every day. I have created a fair amount of mods as well, mostly standing on the backs of giants. I have only dabbled in modifying XML files but find that it grants me so much power in the game.

To get at the art files you need to open up the FPK files. You can find the unpak program in the utilities folder. To edit thumbnails you need to be able a photoshop plugin (the name escapes me -- i'm at work so can't check).

This post may better be served on another forum folder.

Thank you very much.

I am sure you already gave the answer somehwere on the forum but it is hard to find ( alot of confusing and different information out there about this mod) Are you going to implement Revolutions ? I feel like this is the only missing part of this magnificent mod.

Dang MAF ! :( It has struck me again !!! .... standard map, 9 civs, very low details, windowed mode, tweaked ini, modified exe with explorer suite like someone suggested and still I get the dang MAF every 2 or 3 turns arghhh....... :wallbash: it's driving me nuts. I am at my wits end - I used to play Civ on GEM with lots of civs on high details with 4x AA and never had this cursed MAF :( (I never had it in any other mod I've played honestly) What more can be done ? My current savegame is 0,8 MB in size, I run the game on Dual Core processor AMD athlon 64 X2 5000+ , 2 GB RAM and Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT with 512 MB VRAM on WinXP home. I also have ~10 GB free HDD space on both partitions just in case.... I could really appreciate pointers. I've searched the forums for some info , tried some solutions but MAF appears every time ... What should I do ? Sadly I am the verge of unistalling .... but cannot bring myself to do it .... this mod is amazing and I would really like to play it .....

I could really appreciate pointers. I've searched the forums for some info , tried some solutions but MAF appears every time ... What should I do ? Sadly I am the verge of unistalling .... but cannot bring myself to do it .... this mod is amazing and I would really like to play it .....

One possibility that is not normally mentioned:
Do you have the Star Trek mod installed?
This is not about the newer "Star Trek Mod II: The Wrath of Mod", but the older one that is actually installed as multiple mods.
If you have not installed it then this is not relevant and you can stop reading now.
If you have installed it you may be interested to know that this mod installs 4 FPK files (STArt0.fpk through STArt3.fpk) into the BtS assets folder. Not the mod's assets folder, the one for BtS. This is because it is actually installed as 10 different mods covering different eras and scenarios and it was decided to not have 10 copies of them. Since they are in the BtS assets folder those FPK files are always loaded, not just when you are using the Star Trek mods. They total around 350 MB. If you move those down into the Star Trek mod's assets folder (and move them around to whichever one you want to play) it can help a lot for low memory computers (2 GB is low these days).

I discovered this when I was developing Rocks 2 Rockets. Even with that's reduced size compared to the version of Caveman 2 Cosmos it was based on I had trouble running it until I moved those FPK files. After moving them I could play on a map that was larger by, I think, 2 sizes and not get anywhere near the MAFs I had been getting on the smaller maps.

One possibility that is not normally mentioned:
Do you have the Star Trek mod installed?
This is not about the newer "Star Trek Mod II: The Wrath of Mod", but the older one that is actually installed as multiple mods.
If you have not installed it then this is not relevant and you can stop reading now.
If you have installed it you may be interested to know that this mod installs 4 FPK files (STArt0.fpk through STArt3.fpk) into the BtS assets folder. Not the mod's assets folder, the one for BtS. This is because it is actually installed as 10 different mods covering different eras and scenarios and it was decided to not have 10 copies of them. Since they are in the BtS assets folder those FPK files are always loaded, not just when you are using the Star Trek mods. They total around 350 MB. If you move those down into the Star Trek mod's assets folder (and move them around to whichever one you want to play) it can help a lot for low memory computers (2 GB is low these days).

I discovered this when I was developing Rocks 2 Rockets. Even with that's reduced size compared to the version of Caveman 2 Cosmos it was based on I had trouble running it until I moved those FPK files. After moving them I could play on a map that was larger by, I think, 2 sizes and not get anywhere near the MAFs I had been getting on the smaller maps.

I do not have Star Trek mod installed although thank You very much for this information ! All in all I think it's the memory issue (only 2GB RAM) - combined with Civ 4 built-in memory leak issue ehhh...... As it turnes out the exe modification wasn't needed since bts 3.19 already has "app can use >2gb" checked. I will try to enable /3GB switch but I have xp home so it might not work - some say the switch works on "home" and some say this works only in "pro" - worth a shot though if it will not work I guess it's uninstall for me - need to upgrade my comp with at least 8 GB RAM and 1GB VRAM next time heh... and of course 64bit system (since 32bit can only addres max 3GB of physical mem.)

Update : Good news ! "/3GB" switch works on win xp home !! :D I'm so glad !!! Just had a nice 20+ turns session on industrial age with medium details and even 2xAA ! xD ( fighting a war ) and exited the game normally with no MAF's whatsoever ! yay ! :D

Hello, folks.

I'm a big fan of RI, but I'm posting here for another reason. I uninstalled Civ a few days ago and I'm trying to install it again. Vanilla and warlords work fine, but BTS simply won't install. It CTDs a little after I click "install". I have win7 64 bits Professional. I follwed everything they say in the related support thread, asked for help there but no one answered. The disk itself is flawless. If you guys could send me a private message with a link or anything, I'd be deeply thankful. Sorry for posting it here, but I didn't know where else to post and I trust the RI fans and team. Thank you all in advance.

I know this has been mentioned by others in the past, but playing random maps copper is quite rare which is unfortunate since it is a requirement for so many things in RI. Horses are often hard to come by as well.

Hello all,

I've been trying to install RI 3.25 on a copy of BtS I have downloaded via Steam. The mod's installer says it can't detect my BtS directory and instructs me to find it manually, but when I select the directory manually it won't recognise it and won't let me continue the installation. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

@flitz: if you followed all instruction then you updated mod. In that case you should start a new game. It is recommended to start a new game after every svn update. In many cases game will crash if you try to load game saved on previous version.

Hello all,

I've been trying to install RI 3.25 on a copy of BtS I have downloaded via Steam. The mod's installer says it can't detect my BtS directory and instructs me to find it manually, but when I select the directory manually it won't recognise it and won't let me continue the installation. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Is the directory in program files? Don't ever install to program files in a post-vista operating system. It *shouldn't* cause issues, but somehow it always seems to.

Are you by any chance a non-English native? Do you have what the US would consider "odd" characters in your file path? (Such as your username?) That has also caused issues in the past with some mods.

@flitz: if you followed all instruction then you updated mod. In that case you should start a new game. It is recommended to start a new game after every svn update. In many cases game will crash if you try to load game saved on previous version.

I followed the relevant instructions :)

Simply, we haven't added yet the last Industrial System component. As soon as the code will be finished you will understand why electricity is needed.

Thanks for answering. I have another question. Why is gold so scarse in the new generators? i think its ok to be scarse, but not to the point that I played 3 times in large maps and in one continent there is gold but in the other there is none. I think there should be at least 2 gold in the other continent (in my games the old big continent had just 5-4 gold) and just 1 civ out of then had more than 1 gold (just 2).

Thanks for making this game, it is really awesome! :goodjob:

I'm playing Carthage at the moment.
What I found a little odd is that the Punic Horseman they use is a charge mounted unit and that it later upgrades into the Improved Horseman, which is a range mounted unit.

Is this intentional, or maybe an oversight ? I could live with either way but it kind of feels that both units should fall into the same category, also when looking at their respective art style and so on. The Punic Horseman being charge mounted also means that Carthage must live with only 4 units of range mounted units for quite a while, since their Numidian Cavalry is a national unit and the Sacred Band is also charge mounted.

In the game I am currently playing, I somehow managed the scoreboard to completely disappear. It is gone, too, when I load any older save or when I start a new game.

I don't know what I did exactly, but I must have misclicked somewhere and have no idea how to get the scoreboard back again. If anybody can help, I would be very grateful.

Note: I have tried fumbling with the scoreboard settings in the interface options, however the scoreboard does not reappear again, no matter what I change.

@Noddahrassa: Try this: In the main civ game there is a button which can hide the score. Just left of the "Show Resources" button is a "Toggle Score Display" button.

Top Bottom