Realism Invictus

Number of legendary cities also scaling with map size? How would you scale it? The smaller the map, the more cities required? Because number of wonders doesn't increase with map size, and no matter the map size, one city provides almost all of the great people you ever receive, while at the same time, fewer competitors mean more wonders per civ. What I'm trying to say is, in practice the difficulty already increases with map size.

Maybe increasing the number of cities required could be a good idea, but it most likely requires messing with AI strategies, too. Increasing the legendary threshold, on the other hand, should be very straightforward.

Number of legendary cities also scaling with map size? How would you scale it? The smaller the map, the more cities required? Because number of wonders doesn't increase with map size, and no matter the map size, one city provides almost all of the great people you ever receive, while at the same time, fewer competitors mean more wonders per civ. What I'm trying to say is, in practice the difficulty already increases with map size.

Maybe increasing the number of cities required could be a good idea, but it most likely requires messing with AI strategies, too. Increasing the legendary threshold, on the other hand, should be very straightforward.

These are also valid points. We will think about it.

What is Bergwerk which is German Unique precious mine?
Now Germany has No Unique Improvement.

Germany got the Autobahn as their unique improvement, which replaces modern roads and increases movement further.
There are no other unique roads in any Civ IV mods AFAIK, and I find it very flavourful (even if it's implementation is not yet perfect)
Anything about Bergwerk is most likely a leftover, did you find info on it in the Civilopedia?

Germany got the Autobahn as their unique improvement, which replaces modern roads and increases movement further.
There are no other unique roads in any Civ IV mods AFAIK, and I find it very flavourful (even if it's implementation is not yet perfect)
Anything about Bergwerk is most likely a leftover, did you find info on it in the Civilopedia?

Yes,I find it on Precious Mine page of Civilopedia.
Many of Civs have High Speed car road.
I didn't think movement cost lesser is not much benefit.
I wonder Autobahn make town's coin and mine's hammer up and it should be done!

Is it a bug that "Regenerate map" button is disabled? If it is intentional could you guide how can i enable it again?

Is it a bug that "Regenerate map" button is disabled? If it is intentional could you guide how can i enable it again?

I don't know the answer to your first question, but I suggest using WorldBuilder. It has a regenerate map button in map mode.

When you start a new game, on very first turn (and only on your first turn), there should be "Regenerate map" option in game menu. Last time i played (in may) there was nothing wrong with that option. Now it is gone :(

In Huge Scenario Map, China has No gold Mine, but today China mines much Gold per year.
In history Japan is gold country and we have many popular gold mines, but today we don't mine gold from these mine.

Japan's gold mine has less gold than China's,but can mine easier than China's.
Many chinese gold mine needs machine power and gold ore include low percentage Au, but Japanese gold ore includes high percentage Au.

At historical eyes, Japan has much Au, and China has less Au.
At scientific eyes, Japan has less Au,and China has much Au.
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/金#/media/File:Gold_(mined)2.png

I want to know, RI team's eyes are historical? or scientifical?

And I know there is ore include low Au anywhere.
Today China has much money and they invest gold mining.
Maybe many country have gold mine,but they don't have much money to invest gold mining.

And this is incense map.
http://www.osagawa.co.jp/ingredient/

Hi.

I´ve played the map EarthEvolution3 in the version 3.25, and all the civs starts in the right place on Earth. With the add of Hungarian and Maya civs I tought that they also will start in the right position on earth, but this doesnt happen, they start in a random places. I think its easy to fix this and congratulations for the excelent job in this mod.

Why should it? Slave farm description states that it does not get bonuses from techs.
Ahh, I missed that. I imagine there must be a better solution to keep Serfdom alluring than a magic "slave farms can't get bonuses from techs" logic.

[Y];14440125 said:
Ahh, I missed that. I imagine there must be a better solution to keep Serfdom alluring than a magic "slave farms can't get bonuses from techs" logic.

I recently played as mongols, korean and hindi so I haven't built slave farms in a long time. In my value system slavery went down severely :D

Is there a list of what would be considered builder / hybrid / conquering civilizations?

I recently played as mongols, korean and hindi so I haven't built slave farms in a long time. In my value system slavery went down severely :D
Yeah, I only use slavery under very strict conditions, and even then I'll mix in regular farms instead of slave farms unless that early game +1:food: is an absolute necessity for the given city. I'll go all-out on them if I'm Rome, of course.

It feels weird that the setup encourages Slavery to be an early game civic, although it's probably one of the most widespread and historically common, in ancient eras as well as modern ones, forms of labor.

Is there a list of what would be considered builder / hybrid / conquering civilizations?

That depends a lot on your personal style of play, as any Civ can be what you choose it to be. However, as a basic premise, the following applies to most civ's;

Aggressive; Con
Imperial; Con
Scientific: Hybrid
Philo; hybrid
Industrious; Builder
Organised; Builder
Expansive; Hybrid
Spiritual; Hybrid

Etc...

As I said, a lot of these can be adapted to your personal play style. Easiest way to find out would be to read the Civ description and then correspond it to their traits.

That depends a lot on your personal style of play, as any Civ can be what you choose it to be. However, as a basic premise, the following applies to most civ's;

Aggressive; Con
Imperial; Con
Scientific: Hybrid
Philo; hybrid
Industrious; Builder
Organised; Builder
Expansive; Hybrid
Spiritual; Hybrid

Etc...

As I said, a lot of these can be adapted to your personal play style. Easiest way to find out would be to read the Civ description and then correspond it to their traits.

People specifically said earlier in the thread that some civilizations are more geared towards certain styles of play ignoring leader traits, I was looking for that sort of answer rather than looking at traits as I understand fully what traits gear you towards.

Also most of those traits do not exist in this modpack, so please don't quote them.
I do also remember border control and hunting options in Realism Invictis. I don't remember getting an answer to what happened to these buttons.

People specifically said earlier in the thread that some civilizations are more geared towards certain styles of play ignoring leader traits, I was looking for that sort of answer rather than looking at traits as I understand fully what traits gear you towards.

Also most of those traits do not exist in this modpack, so please don't quote them.
I do also remember border control and hunting options in Realism Invictis. I don't remember getting an answer to what happened to these buttons.

Wow Bro :rolleyes:. Then for future reference, may I politely suggest that you be more specific in your inquiries.

BUG: Playing Rev 5025, I still can produce Bronze units though I have lost the copper source adn the Bronze smith has stop working...

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize that I had Iron already. By the way I couldn't delete this post, so this P.S.

It's time to enliven the thread!:cool:

1) Guided missiles civilopedia entry - the tech and the promotion have the same name.

Some gameplay thoughts
2) Give a settler (settlers?) to a civ which city was razed (partisan mechanic) - people don't disappear if city is razed they just resettle where they can. Is it possible to do this only for cities populated enough?
3) Turn units of a destroyed civ into barbarians. They don't just vanish, do they?
4) Is it possible to give buildings combat bonuses? For example, first strikes or strength to certain types of units or strength against certain types of units. It is strange that archers get the same bonus defending a stone fortress and a freshly settled pair of huts.
5) Damage over time on hazardous terrain - jungles, swamp, desert, tundra, ice. First, to limit excessive exploring, second to limit 'good' places to live and fight.
6) Is it possible to make different probabilities of barb spawning depending on the tile terrain? It's strange to get massive waves from tundra and ice and to see cool places like flood plains, grassland etc. totally uninhabited for centuries.
7) Urban logistics debuff: too many units in city cause unhappiness and unhealthiness.
8) Slavery: when production is whipped the city receives a slave unit.
9) My idea to fix the "every tile is improved by medieval" problem: improvements get destroyed if they are not worked by a city or by a worker. Discuss!

P.S. How is pastoral nomadism rebalance coming?

Top Bottom