1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realism Invictus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

2. zoob

zoob Chieftain

AI in Realism Invictus is really good. On higher difficulties you have to plan every single step you do.
    Don't forget to build units to be on par military strength wise with your neighbours. Don't open your borders too soon and choose wisely if you really have to.

3. PaperPaulo

PaperPaulo Chieftain

Ok, no more changes towards traits and towards logistics.
    One more thing, should be displayed at each leader civilopedia the main actions towards them that gets more bonus to diplomatic relations (their love) and the main actions towards them that gets more penality to diplomatic relations (their hate)?
    This is important for when playing against AI but not when playing against Human.

4. haroon

haroon Deity

Look the installation progress and step can be quite complicated, especially for someone who not so good with computer and doesn't have many spare time to use, it maybe can take me 2 day to finally make it works without playing. I just hope you will be able to make the installation for the new version soon. Good luck!

5. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

There will definitely be an installer.
    Josh is onto tracing down a bug (connected to the aid system), I guess that's why he decided to postpone it.

6. haroon

haroon Deity

I really appreciate the good news, thank you so much!

7. Walter Hawkwood

Sorry for no installer this weekend, I decided I didn't want to leave this one undone for 3.4, and spent the weekend finally forcing myself to make the early Japanese pack to get rid of the mess that was Japanese pre-modern unit tree. The 3.4 is still coming, and it just got a bit juicier.

Yeah, listing AI leader stats in general was my long-standing wish for the pedia as well. We'll see what we can do about it in future.

It is coming one way or another.

8. Alexej

Alexej Prince

New units great!

9. Walter Hawkwood

Great news everyone, the installer is live. I am not yet creating an official update here, since it has been two years, and it is best to test that everything works properly. Please feel free to grab the installers and please reply here if they are working of if there are any problems with them!

Light version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4mods/files/Realism Invictus/Realism Invictus 3.4 (2018-01-30) Setup (Light).exe/download
    Full version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4mods/files/Realism Invictus/Realism Invictus 3.4 (2018-01-30) Setup (Full).exe/download

After I've heard from several people that there were no problems with the installer, I'll post it as the official 3.4 release.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    haroon and Alexej like this.
  10. Alexej

Alexej Prince

You sabotaged my warhammer 2 total war campaign right now :D Thanks!

11. JimmyDale

JimmyDale Chieftain

I used the installer today. There were no problems. Thanks to the entire team for making this wonderful mod even better!

12. eadric

eadric Chieftain

I also tested the installer, and can confirm that it worked perfectly. Congratulations on the release, team RI!

13. Steve Roper

Steve Roper Chieftain

New I and two friends ran the installer. Worked fine but we noticed two things. Minor - It only detected Steam automatically for two of the three of us. Easy to pick the correct location manually. More interestingly for me the game runs perfectly fine in single player. In multiplayer the game launches fine and my friends can play. I see the units and the map but have no controls on the bottom or side of the screen. When I select "interface options" the pop up box is completely blank and I cannot exit without using task manager - controls on the interface box are limited to moving it. Uninstalled and reinstalled the mod and the same thing happens. Screenshot shows what I mean.

Attached Files:

14. Walter Hawkwood

Did you use full installer? Has anyone tried light?

It seems like the game interface fails to load. What kind of multiplayer game are you trying to set up - Direct IP? What kind of map?

I can't replicate this by simply starting any kind of multiplayer (and 3.4 should generally work in multiplayer), so I will need more info. Ideally, I would like to see your logs - enable logging by going to Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/CivilizationIV.ini and setting LoggingEnabled to 1. Then run the game, have error and post the logs please.

Meanwhile, if you are eager to play multiplayer, try using pitboss; it lends itself to a much stable multiplayer overall (and for all the veteran players reading this, yes, this means we fixed the pitboss for 3.4!).

haroon likes this.
  15. eadric

eadric Chieftain

I used the full installer, but have not tried the light version.

16. Matsuda123

Matsuda123 Prince

Speak of the devil: Yayoi units, after all these years, and a real firelance too. I'm quite fond of early gunpowder stuff and those Yayoi units are very cool to look at. And the Nara stuff too. Excellent job.

17. Walter Hawkwood

Thanks! For now, I will consider the full installer working as intended. If anyone has used the light one, feel free to comment.

And a real pain they were to make too, since I had to make them almost from scratch. But yeah, I am pretty satisfied about how they turned out. Thanks for noticing and commenting! :)

18. Sathar

Sathar Chieftain

SVN 5127:

Armenian Huge World map/Tigranes II the Great -- generated cities named "Shush" and "Shushi". I'm not sure if historically these are really two separate places, but it can be quite confusing.

19. Walter Hawkwood

20. Sathar

Sathar Chieftain