1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realism Invictus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Nanto

Nanto Chieftain

I created a folder named Realism and downloaded all files now. How do I add or upload my files?

Btw I translated 32 xml files by now. One more and I'm finished with my work. It's a very big one: Units_Misc.xml
    I would like to share my work :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    AbsintheRed likes this.
  2. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Yes, it was never intended to be a playable and foundable religion, and was introduced only for use in scenarios. Since there are no mechanics for varying the number of religions per map size, we're not adding any more foundable religions than in vanilla.

I did, and I'm attaching it. But since I added some custom flags for it, you'll have to change them in the map file (all files starting with euro_flag_). But if you really want to play it as intended, you should download the SVN version, especially since this version of the map is not final yet.

Not exactly as easy. But anyway, I've made a lot of other tweaks to the map as well.

Did you compare the xml you translated with the ones in SVN? I think it can be done with Word document compare or any other tool like this. Once you're sure that the files correspond to the text files of the SVN version (all tags are in place, including recently added, such as Border Reivers for instance), just zip all the files and upload here or send to me. I'll upload them with my next version. This way I can make sure nothing's broken first.

3. Nanto

Nanto Chieftain

I'm finished with my translations, finally. Almost everything is translated into German now.

I compared the files with Notepad and a compare plugin, should work fine now with the newest files.

Here is the zip file ...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    AbsintheRed likes this.
  4. Walter Hawkwood

Thank you very much! I will upload this with my next SVN update.

5. Nanto

Nanto Chieftain

I'm glad I could help. Keep updating this nice mod ;)

6. PaperPaulo

PaperPaulo Chieftain

I'm thinking about doing a streaming for promote mod on twitch, is there any issue i should be aware of hardware, such as graphics card? And how high difficulty should i select for test mod by playing it singleplayer?

7. Marrci

Marrci Chieftain

Has anyone else experienced not getting the extra trade route in coastal cities as Seafarer leader?

Im currently playing the world map as England, and still have only one trade route per city.

8. Aisale

Aisale Chieftain

Hi,
    I'm playing as England, and I find I can't complete the quest of harbormaster, though I have met all requriements(5 harbors, 5 caravels).
    Maybe English distinctive "Great ship" doesn't count?

9. demon59

demon59 Chieftain

I've had a similar problem with the Scandinavians.

10. StumbledOnThis

StumbledOnThis Chieftain

What a mod. Thank you a lot guys for making me enjoy again this epic game.

One question though.

My bombers are not getting any experience. Is this intended and if it is, can I do something to change it?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I'm playing happily 3.4

11. kine100

kine100 Chieftain

I just re-installed windows 10 and patched V3.19 successfully.. also, Installed Realism Invictus..
    I didn't have any problem to run the Realism Invictus before the re-install.
    But now, the game crashes and stops by pressing the 'Launch' button on down right side of start menu screen.
    Civ4 and BTS and other mods are still running well.
    I installed available versions through 2005 to 2017 sdk files a lot just for sure.
    also tried to lower the graphic and game options.
    and it still doesn't work.

any one can advise?

KakaoTalk_20180508_053820693.jpg

12. Walter Hawkwood

Hm, will check.

Yeah, reported already. We'll try to fix this one.

Will check. Frankly, I guess I never used bombers properly, as by the time they are available, all decisive wars are already in the past.

Try launching a game through "Play now!". If it starts normally, you won't have any CTDs in custom game too. Something about creating the game cache on first launch.

13. Maximum Pro-Consul

Maximum Pro-Consul Chieftain

Playing first RI game with latest release. I've come across a discrepancy viz Federalism vs Democracy.

Moving from Democracy to Federalism the following occurs (these are net changes):
    • Civic changes: -1 happy, -1 health, -25% maintenance due to number of cities, +25% war weariness, +25% GP birth rate
    • Parliament/Federal Parliament changes: -1 happy
    Note that text in Civilopedia says for Federal Parliament: "The Federal Parliament boost your culture and GP rate, and gives +1 happiness in all your cities" but this text is incorrect; the Federal Parliament no longer gives +1 happiness.

The net change of -2 happiness per city is a big detriment especially as eras progress; I'm not sure this makes Federalism worthwhile. I can see what you're trying to achieve (from a human history point of view): a distinction between a large empire using Federalism vs a small to medium empire where Federalism is not needed so much, thus making each civic a choice governed by circumstances, rather than one being a superior civic in all cases to the other. But I thought the previous version (with Federal Parliament gives +1 happiness, so the net change moving from Democracy to Federalism was only -1 happiness) was sufficient.

14. Maximum Pro-Consul

Maximum Pro-Consul Chieftain

A report on first game played using latest RI release. Monarch, Commanding Heights, standard map size, Semi-realistic game speed (x1.5). Playing as a team of two against (originally) 7 AIs. We have some experience at RI but have never succeeded above Monarch level, so I guess we are still novices.

I play Manduhki Khatun of Mongolia (Philosophical, Administrator, Arrogant) and focus mostly on science and economy building. My team mate plays Justinian I of Rome (Imperialistic, Legislator, Meglomaniac) and focuses more on the military side of things. There's still a lot of overlap between us.

Our opponents are: Charles III of Spain, Charles XIV John of Scandinavia, Bilge Khagan of Turk, Seongjong Joseon of Korea, Charles de Gaulle of France, Seleuctus I Nicotar of Persia, and Nassar of Egypt.

The year is 1600 AD. Egypt died some time ago. Spain is our vassal, and France is a vassal of Korea.

Here's the problem: Spain took an aggressive approach to research. Spain only ever had a few cities, probably a maximum of five or six. Spain built Cheomseongdae and Copernicus' Observatory. Once Spain built Cheomseongdae I could not catch them in tech. Spain and Korea both built many wonders before we could reach them.

I (as Mongolia) ran most of the game on civic Pacifism to maximise GP, and I built Parthenon, Temple of Artemis and Great Library. By the time I got a Great Scientist nearly all the options for GS had been taken, meaning I had to settle the GS; I suspect that Spain took most of the GS works. I've managed my economy well and most of the time had >50% towards beakers, often closer to 75-80%. My team mate does not research so much but we try to keep his contribution to about one-quarter to one-third of my level. Until very recently we only had six cities each to maximise the tech; in the last little while we have beaten back a large Korea and expanded.

Fortunately we have Spain as a vassal, so we are able to take advantage of 40% tech transfer from them, and we've had this advantage for most of the game. It is now 1601 AD and Spain already has Flight and is now researching Electricity. We have just entered the Industrial era and have researched the first column in that era, and are now researching Military Industry. The other AIs near us are about our tech level but Spain is a stand-out leader.

I am wondering if the pace of research by Spain is realistic. If Spain had not been our vassal and had closed borders with us, I doubt we could have lasted in the game. I put forward the notion that perhaps the GS works are a little too powerful. I like that they last two eras and are now much more attractive compared to previous version of RI, but perhaps they need tweaking.

The battle continues...

15. StumbledOnThis

StumbledOnThis Chieftain

:) Any news on bomber experience?

16. SR-71

SR-71 Terminator T850 model 101

Bombers only get experience when involved in air combat

17. SR-71

I have a big trouble downloading the last SVN. Everytime stops and shows the following message:
    "F:\Realism Invictus\GameCore\CvGameCoreDLL\Boost-1.32.0\include\boost\mpl\aux_\preprocessed\msvc60\not_equal_to.hpp...Error running context: The server unexpectedly closed the connection."
    Always at the same point. But downloading the sparse "Art" folder checkout there's no problem.

What happens with that Boost-1.32?? :cry:

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  18. SR-71

New message (and operation terminated):

REPORT request on '/p/civ4mods/code/!svn/me' failed

And so on... WTF

19. krasny

krasny Prince

Are alliances still in the game?

20. StumbledOnThis

StumbledOnThis Chieftain

Unfortunately they don't. They usually either complete their missions or shot down. On the occasion that they'll survive and left wounded (I'm referring at the stealth bombers) they don't get any exp. Thousands of sorties tried :-(