Realism Invictus

Hi, I really enjoy this mod and want to improve it, so here are some suggestions:
4. Barbarian civ is too weak, even I open Raged Barbs. Maybe the technology and production speed of Barb civ should be improved? And I never see Barb civ build ship units, like pirate.

My solution is to give Barbs a modified version of the Internet project, on the lines of if there's a 9-player game, they get anything researched by at least 4 civs for free. That definitely puts them back in competition.

I was compiling the Cvgamecoredll.dll but I recieved this error: "1>CvPlot.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _GetProcessMemoryInfo@12 referenced in function "bool __cdecl NeedToFreeMemory(void)" (?NeedToFreeMemory@@YA_NXZ)"
Someone knows what does it mean?

You can use SVN to check out any version of any RI files. It doesn't just hold the current revision, but all the previous ones as well.[/QUOTE]

I've downloaded all files with SVN, I've compiled a new Cvgamecoredll with my modifications, but I found out that the files in your repository are already changed from the 3.1 version of the mod while I need specifically the 3.1 files. What can I do?

Working with Microsoft C++ 2008 Express Edition I've realized that I can see the code of any single file compiled in Cvgamecoredll file and it looks that I can make changes this way. Is it possible?

Won't be answering certain requests, as it turns out people don't really read stuff even if it is written in bold. :)

1. Along the River is created in 11-12th century, so it belongs to Medieval Art rather than Classic Art. This painting emphasizes on portraying the prosperous scene along the Bian River, flowing through Bianjing, the capital of Song Dynasty of China. So I suggest its effect: +1 gold and +1 culture to all river docks.

Good idea regarding the effect. Your attribution of it to Medieval era is absolutely correct, but since I had more stuff I absolutely wanted to represent, it kinda "overflowed" to Classical. Unfortunately, it isn't easy to move now, as I'd need to remove some other Medieval work and create a new Classical one, as there are no suitable swap candidates.

2. The picture of Nine Chapters is wrong. It's a book researching on Ecliptic. Here are the pictures of Nine Chapters I find:

Thanks, will update. Though a picture of just text looks a bit too bland. I found this illustration that seems to be inspired by the book, and will be using it instead:
Spoiler picture :
(https://www.wxwenku.com/d/105405907)

4. Barbarian civ is too weak, even I open Raged Barbs. Maybe the technology and production speed of Barb civ should be improved? And I never see Barb civ build ship units, like pirate.

Tweaked the gain of barb technological gain upwards. They were a bit too slow indeed.

5. Distance of cities to the capital and number of cities of civs should also be the factors of revolution. When a civ is large with many cities, its remote cities are more likely to revolt. I think it's necessary for reality and game balancing.

Not going to happen, as I explained above. The component will basically stay as it is. It is off by default due to the fact that it won't ever get to the point that I'm satisfied with it, as it is beyond my skills.

Two simple changes i would like to see being tested:
1- Hunter Cabin being enabled by Pastoral Nomadism Civic instead of Subsistance Economy
2- Subsistance Economy being No Upkeep cost Civic

Aside from these 2 things, Good Job! Keep going.

Answer is the same as before.

You can use SVN to check out any version of any RI files. It doesn't just hold the current revision, but all the previous ones as well.

I've downloaded all files with SVN, I've compiled a new Cvgamecoredll with my modifications, but I found out that the files in your repository are already changed from the 3.1 version of the mod while I need specifically the 3.1 files. What can I do?[/QUOTE]

You can now update it to a revision around 3.1 release. Something like 3561 should do the trick.

Hello, I am a long time lurker and civ player that just wanted share my knowledge about OOS problems with Civ IV and Realism Invictus.

First I want to thank all of you that have contributed to this masterpiece of a mod during all the years! I've think I've come back to this mod over and over again during the last 10 years.

Since 3.4 me and my friend started to play multiplayer a lot more and the platform for Civ IV multiplayer coordinatior these days are Steam. 1) We use one computer with Win 7 64-bit and one computer with Win 10. 2) We play casually on prince with AI's and the experience with Steam is god awful. We never got any game past 500 turns on world size larger than Standard map size. With Standard size around 900. 3) We have inactivated random events which took away some desyncs. 4) We could never resume the game by loading without getting new OOS within 1-20 turns.
Nevertheless we have kept playing and as most civ players know a fresh new start is always fun!

Finally we found a solution to this mess of always ending up with OOS. We have setup up a proper VPN. In our case using Zerotier. We followed this guide for Rocket League to setup the VPN
with 1 addition: changing the virtual IP-addresses to 192.168.192.X . With a stable virtual LAN we can now load games without OOS. Playing on Large map is no problem. Turn-transistions are even faster than before. We are gonna try setup a Huge map within the next week with max AI players and see how long we can run without getting OOS. I'll post an update on how that goes later.

Anyone that have had the same experience with inevitable OOS should try to run LAN via VPN. For myself this fix has made my life complete ;)

TL:DR
Steam multiplayer coordinator for Civ IV is complete garbage. To avoid constant OOS setup a proper VPN and play over LAN.

I've downloaded all files with SVN, I've compiled a new Cvgamecoredll with my modifications, but I found out that the files in your repository are already changed from the 3.1 version of the mod while I need specifically the 3.1 files. What can I do?[/QUOTE]

You can now update it to a revision around 3.1 release. Something like 3561 should do the trick.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I want to thank you Hawkwood to reply to all my questions and the team for the wonderful mod created, I've appreciated very much. But I have to say, I'm not smart as you, and I cant understand right everything. For example, your last tips is totally enigmatic for me, can you explain with some details what I have to do to replace the python files with 3.1 version? Sorry to bother you everyday, but I'm finally ready to complete my reworked R.I. version, this it's last step before to release it.

Last edited:
I've downloaded all files with SVN, I've compiled a new Cvgamecoredll with my modifications, but I found out that the files in your repository are already changed from the 3.1 version of the mod while I need specifically the 3.1 files. What can I do?

You can now update it to a revision around 3.1 release. Something like 3561 should do the trick.

First of all, I want to thank you Hawkwood to reply to all my questions and the team for the wonderful mod created, I've appreciated very much. But I have to say, I'm not smart as you, and I cant understand right everything. For example, your last tips is totally enigmatic for me, can you explain with some details what I have to do to replace the python files with 3.1 version? Sorry to bother you everyday, but I'm finally ready to complete my reworked R.I. version, this it's last step before to release it.

SVN works by storing everything that happened to the code (to the mod in this case) since the repository was first created. Changes get uploaded to it in numbered "revisions". Yesterday I uploaded rev. 5223, for example. The main "power" of SVN is that any change can be rolled back. The default "SVN update" action in TortoiseSVN updates to the latest revision, as logically that's what most people would want to have. But there is also an "Update to revision..." command that allows you to manually specify the revision you need to update to. 3561 is the revision number from the time around 3.1 was released, so you can use SVN as a time machine to go there.

SVN works by storing everything that happened to the code (to the mod in this case) since the repository was first created. Changes get uploaded to it in numbered "revisions". Yesterday I uploaded rev. 5223, for example. The main "power" of SVN is that any change can be rolled back. The default "SVN update" action in TortoiseSVN updates to the latest revision, as logically that's what most people would want to have. But there is also an "Update to revision..." command that allows you to manually specify the revision you need to update to. 3561 is the revision number from the time around 3.1 was released, so you can use SVN as a time machine to go there.

Ok, mission completed. Now I have to work on my dream, give the possibility to accumulate the resources produced by industrial buildings through conversion to produce military units. This process will have a minor impact on ancient times, but on modern times I find total unrealistic that an industrial power can have military problems against a minor nation. I have some idea how to realize this mechanic, but I would like to know your opinion, as you have much more experience and abilities than me. How should I proceed?

With the latest SVN I'm getting a hard crash to desktop between turns with no warning or message. I realize troubleshooting is not a high priority but here is a save from right before the crash. BTW it's a Huge World Map game, somewhere mid to late Classical.

Edit: A little more info -- I rolled back one Autosave (2 turns earlier) and got past the crash turn okay. On that turn I received what I guess is my first "sovereignty event" so that sounds suspiciously like the culprit. This is on SVN 5224.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.8 MB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Hi @Walter Hawkwood
I just saw a bit of weirdness where three Egypts formed from revolts. I know you've said that you're done with revolts for the foreseeable future, but would it be possible to add a check for if the civ already exists when a new one spawns?

Thanks for all your hard work, RI makes Civ4 my favourite strategy game by far :trophy:

There will definitely be NO major new additions going forwards. No new playable civs, major gameplay features etc.

Understandable and I appreciate all of the work you've put into the mod over the years. It really is excellently done. The level of detail is amazing.

I wasn't asking to add new civs per say. What I was wondering is if it would be possible to choose minor civs to play as that are essentially already full civs. If this isn't possible would you be able to provide me with the the proper civ, flag, and leader names that would need to be added manually to a private map so I can make them playable? Or tell me where I can find these names in the mod files (sorry, I'm just not that skilled with this stuff).

hh

edit: ok, so i figured this out for the most part. now im just trying to figure out how to add a leaderhead photo. i think i need to make a dds file and i have the photo i want to use (attached). im just not sure how to make the file. id be grateful to anyone who can help. thanks.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
I like this one - I always avoid Humanist leaders because I never waste any GPs on Golden Ages. Having another way to start them is a plus!
Same. I hate to waste a great person early on that way when I could have had a Great Engineer to rush a wonder, an Academy or thousands in gold for upgrades.
It looks like in that mod add on, that when we hit a culture threshold, then we gain a golden age.
True, we often have inner cities that don't need or see a culture radius pop, yet they are our most cultured cities.
So when we are choosing to go for a Conquest or Dominion victory, those cities of ours that mainly build wonders, can have a secondary way of assisting us.

Top Bottom