1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realism Invictus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Feb 13, 2011.

1. sazhdapec

sazhdapec Warlord

This is possible. But without knowing for sure how AI is coded only practice will tell.

But there's a setting that allows you to see what tiles are available when a settler is selected.
    Selecting a settler and right click hovering shows whether you can build a city on a tile or not.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. Marrci

Marrci Chieftain

3. sazhdapec

sazhdapec Warlord

It seems the problem then is the scaling of culture power per distance. It's not like Ujjain in this example has weak culture.

Last time I had a cultural victory was when I had such a victory enabled before nerfs to culture levels.

4. Dairokutenmaou

Dairokutenmaou Chieftain

Hello, I've been following the mod for a long time but only just recently I decided to bother using the SVN(5242) because I really wanted to experience the Revolutions add-on and I've got a few questions.

When a city revolts is it supposed to do so peacefully? Later in the game I started taking note that rebel civilizations don't actually end up in war with their original civilization, I've had a revolt myself early in the game and I had to declare war to suppress it, that usually results by midgame quite a mess of borders for the AI since the bigger civilization never goes put them down.

Spoiler :
    upload_2019-11-23_9-7-20.png
    upload_2019-11-23_9-7-43.png
    upload_2019-11-23_9-8-24.png

Also this BUGEventHandler Error, It doesn't seem to have affected much on my experience but It's not like I know much about this anyway.

upload_2019-11-23_9-6-30.png

Still very curious what is going either way in this error if it can be answered, like what feature it is that is causing it and what is supposed to be happening if it wasn't erroring.

sazhdapec likes this.
  5. BCheek

BCheek Chieftain

Getting a strange game crash on the latest svn. Really like the new dynamic names and flags. Very nice touch!

Saved game attached.

Attached Files:

6. SR-71

SR-71 Terminator T850 model 101

Playing 5240, I have observed that meanwhile in 3.4 spies were national units and had a limit, which reduced very succesfully the spy rush of later game, you have deleted this feature in the current SVN I'm playing, resulting in the annoying and stupid spy rush of AI sabotages that ruined later game in previous releases. I don´t really know why and if it is really intentional, but just want to say that the decision of cutting back spies to a limit was the most intelligent decision ever, and to revert it to previous is the dumbest and stupidest you did in the mod history :p

7. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

You might have noticed there being rather little activity lately, and it has two main causes - firstly the latest update took a real lot time and effort, and secondly lots of IRL stuff kept me from investing said time and effort. Anyway, as it stands now, we're very much in sight of the release. I will not do any major stuff anymore; the only things I plan to do is finishing the flags/names and doing another unit update, with all the remaining aircraft. I was aiming to finish by Christmas, but I am making no promises. I did much less this month than I planned to.

As others validly pointed out, this is likely the normal case of two cities producing disproportionate amounts of culture, especially seeing how the purple player does the same to the rightmost city.

Nope, totally different. Features have this as an in-built ability (for ice feature I guess), while resources would require me to code it in, and I'm sure it would mess AI even more as it currently doesn't take into account the very possibility of not being able to do it.

Forgot about this one. Will look into it in a later revision.

Thanks, will study.

Nah, totally different things handled by totally different pieces of code. Were it easy, I'd have done it already.

Valid point. Will think about it.

Not changing stuff fundamentally this late in. I think of the residual culture from failed conquests as a maintained claim justified by all the spilled blood. Also, the general effect on culture has been toned down in the latest revision.

It is supposed to, yes. Forcing AI into a state of war usually just leads to nothing, as the actual internal process of AI declaring war is much more complicated - it should first identify targets, choose strategy etc. If just forced into a war through a command, it usually ends up doing close to nothing.

Solved in the latest revision. Was caused by a faulty message. Its only result was said message not appearing.

Will check.

You often make valid points, but your way of phrasing stuff is annoying to the point of me being close to ignoring you outright. Please drop it.

8. Dairokutenmaou

Dairokutenmaou Chieftain

That's understandable then, but is it possible to at least make the original and rebels hate each other for a period of time? Maybe such a thing would make the AI as you said identify them as a target and make preparations for war?

Also I find that allowing for unlimited spies actually allowed me to have better spy defense than limited spies back then.

Removed some wrong information, It was my funding of espionage, spy garrisons and usage of counter espionage missions that turned enemy espionage missions a non-issue, multiple spies per city seems to have been placebo.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  9. SR-71

SR-71 Terminator T850 model 101

I'm so sorry you feel like that. I didn't intend to annoy you because I did it with a joke intention :)p). English it's not my native language so perhaps writing it's not the best way to make jokes :undecide:
    Anyway excuse me I'll try not to make any joke in my comments. Your mod is amazing and the only reason to play Civ4 nowadays because Civ5 and 6 are garbage IMHO, and I'm following you from years you knowe so I encourage you to not attend to my failed prank and to consider the issues. Also speaking seriously I really cannot understand why you revert the spies to early stage :confused:

BTW another issue the NATIONAL PARK doesn't seem to have any effect on the city it is built:rolleyes:

Regards :thumbsup:

10. Dairokutenmaou

Dairokutenmaou Chieftain

SVN 5243

Found a bug concerning unit cost scaling, When I upgraded my Yumi Samurai to Bakumatsu Infantry part of their cost increase stuck around unable to be removed even when I deleted (Almost) my entire army, I found out after I cheated some cash in through world builder to upgrade the entire army and noticed that whenever I upgraded a Yumi Samurai the cost wasn't actually lowering for each one as it probably should since Bakumatsu Infantry has a lower cost increase (10% to 5%).

Spoiler :
    upload_2019-11-27_18-55-43.png upload_2019-11-27_18-55-55.png upload_2019-11-27_18-56-2.png upload_2019-11-27_18-56-7.png

For now I supposed I will have to continue the game with the feature off, bless the Game Options setting in the World Builder.

Edit: Also added a save before the army upgrades.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  11. sazhdapec

sazhdapec Warlord

Let's see indeed!:thumbsup::goodjob: