1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realism Invictus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Colon

Colon King

RX560. Howevern I had the same issue with 3.4 and I was having another card then.

2. Jaded1

Jaded1 Chieftain

So this should be an easy fix. If it happens mid game you just Alt Tab. And then go back to the game.. But as this happened at the start. You either need to put on High Detail Terrain.. Or turn it off.. usually it's the former.. If that doesn't work then you have an old model PC and need to Run Low Resolution.

3. Colon

Colon King

Tried flipping high detail terrain and low resolution textures, as well alt-tab, and I still had the same. Starting a new game each time.

4. Jaded1

Jaded1 Chieftain

Well based on your GPU you'd want to be running High Detail Terrain. The only other thing i can suggest is check different resolutions. Start on 1024 x 768. And if it works move up the Res. till you know the limit. If not then hopefully Walter Hawkwood will have a solution.

5. Colon

Colon King

I think there's something in the documents or the base game folder that's gumming up my copy of civ4. I used to have been messing around with putting BUG and BBAI files in the customassets folder. I removed these but Vanilla BTS is still calling for BUG and BBAI files when I load the program. Even when I wipe the whole of the BTS folder in documents clean, I still get a CTD when I try to start a game. Think I'll just reinstall Civ4 from scratch.

6. Colon

Colon King

Reinstalling did the trick. The mod is working now.

7. SR-71

SR-71 Terminator T850 model 101

Thank you for your hard work!! I'm gonna try 3.5 immediately. Hope you tweaked revolutions to not spread too much. Anyway, with or without Revolutions I'll play it :thumbsup:

8. Colon

Colon King

I'm playing as the Zulus. This is the actually the 3rd time I've started a game as them on the Earth map, yet it's as immersive as the first time. Those savannah features and cattle treks really do the vibe. Now to finish the left undone the previous times: conquer Africa. Curious to see whether separatism will be an obstacle.

BTW: the leader artwork is outstanding.

9. zoob

zoob Chieftain

Fantastic work on 3.5!
    Happy games everyone :)

10. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Warlord

Hey, i have an idea. Why not replace Austrian civ with South German Civ? (Just like what you did with South China Civ)

11. cdroms

cdroms Chieftain

just want to say thank y'all so much for this amazing mod!! it's beautiful! and is that a j.m.w. turner painting at the intro/menu screen?

12. SR-71

This is what I'm anxious to see if it's tweaked.
    It's like: imagine that in 1776 the American Revolution starts, there are news in England of some American cities uprising, but then suddenly with no cause LIVERPOOL AND PORTSMOUTH JOINED THE REBELLION!! WTF is thiS?? :cry:
    Well it's the same absurd thing when core cities joins the uprising in Revolutions. It's nonsense and it would be great to see that it's improved. I would be glad to make it myself, but don't have knowing about how it works.
    Anyway, thanks again, with or without Revolutions (I prefer with but with no nonsenses) RI it's the BEST mod ever on Civ 4 5 6 and so on (at least if Civilization franchise continues downgrading on each new version :mischief:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  13. Zap0

Zap0 Chieftain

To be clear, this particular scenario you quoted above shouldn't be possible anymore; existing riots get removed when a city flips and the provisional government has been buffed even higher.
    There's still a whole lot of sillyness happening with revolutions despite this. I like that they keep the map more dynamic and actually have empires rise and fall, but it also messes with the game flow and balance as it existed - and RI has damn solid gameplay otherwise, which is the main reason for me to play the mod.
    Revolutions doesn't really fit in the game mechanics as it is and it does a poor job of modeling what it's supposed to - it'd make more sense to call it unrest in my opinion, which may well be a factor in a city deciding to claim independence.
    As they stand I would keep them off as a default option and make clear it's a beta feature. After playing several games with it on I've decided to keep it off in the future.

14. SR-71

Totally agree. I'll try it and decide

15. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Please find attached the first hotfix. For those playing with revolutions on, it fixes the rare-ish issue where barbarians would make peace with the world.

Yes it is! "The Fighting Temeraire". Bank of England did this promo thing for me by placing it on the 20-pound note last month, in anticipation of 3.5 release.

Actually I agree. The AI is not quite on par to play effectively with it on. But this is the final major version, and there are no further updates planned that would change it in a meaningful way - and it's not as if it wasn't developed enough for me to call it finished. This is as good as the component is going to get, and as such I have no recourse to calling it "beta". That said, I would also advocate playing with it off for those who don't feel it enhances the game.

Attached Files:

16. Colon

Colon King

What kinds of silliness are we talking about with the revolutions feature?

17. Zap0

Zap0 Chieftain

There's the obvious bugs that happened in the prerelease versions (like the scenario quoted above), and then there's the gameplay realities of AI empires sometimes just falling apart when they make a bad civic switch or see some success in a war, getting unhappiness that way. In my last game I struggled against two invasions from strong powers, both of which split in two during the war. One empire had all cities but it's capital (and a tiny off-continent colony) form a new empire, resulting in some really awkward borders since his capital was tightly packed in the middle of his other cities, who were now strangled by the capital's culture (though they always get the first ring for themselves).

On the other hand, I also saw things like Chiang Kai-Shek split off from Mao Zedong and forming South China. That was pretty cool!

18. Colon

Colon King

What's there in the xml files that allows your to fine tune perhaps?

19. arievillo

arievillo Chieftain

So... The barbs are well polished, huh? I can't breathe since I founded my city ... countless waves of attack ... wthell? They don't stop coming ... even before the bronze age. In another game, a few days ago, these attacks did not happen.

I'm not complaining, think it's great. But it is normal? Oh, and our friend Tupac, already attacked me early in the game. I mean..really early.

20. Dairokutenmaou

Dairokutenmaou Chieftain

upload_2020-3-4_19-10-0.png

The role costs bug happened again, and this time I didn't even notice it for 2000 years.

I was autosaving every turn however so I caught the exact moment that it happened between 1800BC and 1790BC, which I doubt is of any real help because it's so early in the game pretty much nothing was going on.

I included the two saves where it happened and a few ones before it did in the 7zip file but I haven't had any success in getting it to trigger again, regardless I hope because the dates were pinpointed and pretty early they will be of use.

Edit: at 1800 everything is fine, at 1790 the Jomon Archers will have a -10% cost and I just found out that at 1780 it further goes to -20%, at that point in the game I hadn't even build a single archer.

Edit2: Oh it was at rev5283, I just checked the log for updates and saw that the only file changed was the Revolutions.py so it should still happen at rev5284.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020