1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realism Invictus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Sathar

Sathar Chieftain

Still at the anecdotal observational level, but compared with playing the SVNs for years, with the packed/installed 3.5 version on the Huge World Map I feel like both random crashes to desktop and "early" MAF symptoms (like the whole background screen going white when opening diplo dialogs) are happening both earlier and more frequently.

2. micbucci

micbucci Chieftain

I noticed there's no ocean resources on the continents map, though I played nearly an entire game like this (up to around 1800) before I stopped. So I uninstalled blue marble thinking maybe it was the cause and tried another game with continents, and still no change. Any chance something like this could be fixed?

3. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

This may be very dependent on your particular custom game settings, and even just on simple things like map geography.

Thanks for providing the saves; we'll look at them, though at this point I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Yup, fixed. Go grab Hotfix 2: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/realism-invictus-3-5-hotfix.28130/

4. Dairokutenmaou

Dairokutenmaou Chieftain

Understandable, I know the mod is feature complete but maybe there could be a way for the player to force change the value? doing this without coding an UI element might be impossible though I guess.

5. Walter Hawkwood

Had a look at your save games. I have no idea what you were doing to provoke the effect, but I can't replicate it. At 1800, there is no cost modifier, and if I play for the next several turns, still none. At 1790 save, there is a -10%, but again, it stays at this level as I play the next several turns. At 1780 save, there is a -20%, but again there is nothing further affecting it. If you can't think of anything special you were doing during these turns, it would seem to me the problem is on your side.

Soupy Delicious likes this.
  6. Gatzek

Gatzek Chieftain

Fantastic mod. Coherent, logical and well balanced. Thank you thank you thank you!

Good luck in your work, you are really great!

7. Dairokutenmaou

Dairokutenmaou Chieftain

I've no idea at all, when I play it's usually for long periods 6+ hours, so I'd think some sort of memory issue for being on too long but 1800BC~ is like within the first hour of starting a game, I'm pretty stingy with what kind of maps I find acceptable to play with Perfect Mongoose so I usually regenerate map for days until I get something I like but restarting the game after it either crashes or I get tired of regenerating and go do something else should cleanse the data, also constant save scumming when at war but the saves where the thing kicked in is like I said before really early and I'm not even at war.

Other than these things I can't think of anything I do differently, my personal tweaks to the mod aren't even on files that concern units and are just the mapscript, I didn't even go edit the BarbCiv file when I properly read how it works in the code.

But it seems a fact I'm the only one who has that issue happen even if not so often where I can actively test what could cause it.

Well in the end the World Builder is powerful enough to recreate anything unique like events and autosaving every turn does allow me to pinpoint where it happens so I can always go back and see it not happen again for a while so I at least can work around the bug and carry on normally the only annoying thing is counting my units to see how much I'm supposed to be actually paying for the units at times, I'm actually ignoring the bug in my current save anyway since it's helping me just a little instead of making the prices ridiculously big or making the Ranged units so cheap it's pretty much cheating.

No big worries about it then, this mod is still the best Civ4 one I've played so this isn't going to stop me from enjoying myself.

8. 2popbulb

2popbulb Chieftain

I installed 3.5 today. Haven't played any games yet but I noticed some changes. No more GL warp drive:cry:
    I'll have to find new strats to race away from AI's and that is good. Doing same things over and over again makes gameplay boring.
    Many thanks to everyone involved in creating this awesome mod. I don't even play basic bts games anymore because RI is much better. Great work guys!:thumbsup:

9. cathar knight

cathar knight Chieftain

Just dropping by to leave a warm, heartfelt and huge "thank you!" to Walter Hawkwood and the team which, throughout all these years, presented us with this awesome, complete and awe-inspiring project.
    I play this mod since the days (13, 14 years ago!) when it was called "Total Realism", then "Total Realism Gold"... and so it was, alongside other mods for Civilization IV and other games (from Paradox Interactive, or Total War), a part of my life, in a way. I always get a bit nostalgic when I see such a long, lengthy project reach its final completion, as is the case with Realism Invictus now.
    Civilization IV is still for me the best game in the series and I'm also glad to see that there are other projects still going on, which proves the game's vitality and quality (compare the modding scene of IV with the one of VI, for instance - and VI is not that bad, after all).
    But now it's time to give a great salute and pay hommage to Walter and the previous team for all these years of excellent work they offered to the community. Hats off to you and a toast to all your present and future endeavours in life!

10. terian1980

terian1980 Chieftain

in a multiplayer game, if a new nation separates during the revolution, it can be taken over by a human player?

sorry about my English

11. Walter Hawkwood

Hotfix 3 incorporates OOS fix for multiplayer. Those who play multi, grab it, it's savegame compatible.

12. Jaded1

Jaded1 Chieftain

13. Walter Hawkwood

Yup, all the devs (at the time, it was still a large-ish team) got a cameo. :)

In other news, turns out the RI Europe scenario, advertised in the changelog, was embarrassingly missing from the installer. Now part of the hotfix.

14. arizzi

arizzi Chieftain

Wanted to chip in and also offer my sincerest thanks for all the work that all of you put into this. I've been playing this for many years, and am astounded by the amount of work and dedication by Walter and the team. Bravo!! And Congratulations

15. ederl

ederl Chieftain

-Thank you very much for your time, I just had some time testing most of all maps (r5285) and I recognized something: in the map "fantasy_realm" the resources "sea amber" and "pearls" are generated not on water but only on land... I know it's a crazy map but I don't think this is a bit too crazy...

And I'm trying to work on the german translation in the xml files, f.e. I found some units, etc.with identical names and now I look through the quest event texts, many of them just have old unit names in there (not only in german language, also in english)...

P.S.: Maybe you know, where i can find the required UNIT (for example "Harbormaster" quest needs "Harbors" and "?unit?" - not caravels) for each quest, I fortunately found all the other important quest info in Assets\XML\Events\CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml

16. Conqueror Worm

Conqueror Worm Warlord

I'm downloading 3.5 now and can't wait to get started playing. In the meantime, I also want to say a heartfelt thank you to Walter and all of the RI team for your many years of wondrous work! And a big congratulations on a job most well done!

17. Aisale

Aisale Chieftain

First, congratulations on the 3.5! Thanks for your hard work!
    Well, right now I'm playing world map, and I still find the tech of barb civ is too slow. When most civs have entered renaissance era, the barb's units are still warriors and primitives. Perhaps because there are too many barb cities on the map? I want to improve the tech speed of barb, in which file and how can I edit?

18. sazhdapec

sazhdapec Warlord

It's because of uncivilized factions of Africa, Oceania, New World etc.

19. Aisale

Aisale Chieftain

As I know, barbarian civ is an individual civ in game, so it shouldn't be affected by other civs. Additionally, barb's tech is much slower than these uncivilized civs(comparing their archers and spearmen to barb's warriors and primitives in renaissance era)

20. sazhdapec

sazhdapec Warlord

Barbarian civ's technological advancement depends on other players. But these uncivilized factions research techs so slowly that they hinder barbarian development.