1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Realism Invictus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Feb 13, 2011.

1. sazhdapec

sazhdapec Warlord

It depends on the size of a lake. IIRC there is a setting in XML (but I couldn't find it at a glance).

2. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Warlord

Love the new version!

A hearty thank you to Walter and others! I've been eagerly anticipating this for years now. Only downside is with the new revolutions calculations the turns for the Huge World Map now take longer than I'm willing to wait! I literally built a PC years ago just so I could run this mod on that map. It would always crash my old PC during the Renaissance when the AI starts to bulk up its armies. Guess, I've gotten spoiled over the years! :lol:

Since this project has come to a bitter-sweet end I suppose its now time for the fans to create some wonderful regional maps and scenarios. I've always wanted to create a North & South American map during the American Revolution era with all of the surrounding colonies and a WWII scenario. Perhaps I will someday.

HH

3. Hamid.H

Hamid.H Warlord

I think it's 3 or more water tiles and your able to build fishing docks, but I may be wrong. I believe RI uses 3 as it's cut off for resource gathering (with roads) on uninhabited islands as well.

HH

4. Southern

Southern Chieftain

Made an account just to complain - the game keeps crashing suddenly! I played it on the same setup a year ago, no issues; it's a fairly beefy 64-bit OS, okayish graffix card, but when I start a game it does take a while sometimes for all the graphics to load on some attempts - sometimes until turn 4 before I can see rivers, for example. Anyhow, it crashes to desktop occasionally, even earlygame, and (though I haven't tested extensively) I can reload and keep playing afterwards.

Here's hoping my latest attempt doesn't crash as this looks like one of the best mods, right up there with FFH2+modmods, Dune Wars, RHYE's etc. This time though, when I started the match I could see all the units and terrain right away.

EDIT; yup, crashed again, by turn 50 or so. during the turn processing. Should I provide a turnfile?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  5. globosud

globosud Chieftain

Hello. I have a question, how can I replace a leader in the huge_map scenario, I would like to put Hannibal in place of Elissa, and churchil in place of elizabeth. Thanks, if someone who can do it quickly, who can replace them for me, I would be very happy. bb
    solved thx

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  6. tdfriese

tdfriese Chieftain

7. terian1980

terian1980 Chieftain

You might be interested. I made a big map for myself, focusing on greater Europe, but there are other territories as well. Civilisations can be arranged as you like in the editor.

Attached Files:

8. hoon9732

hoon9732 Chieftain

The updated version is amazing, love the mod. By the way, does anybody know how to tweak the xml files for the civics? I tweaked the 'maintenance from number of cities' bonus of civic 'dictatorship' from -25% to -75% due to the insanely high maintenance from my 30+ city empire on a huge map. After I tweaked the CIV4Civicinfos.xml and loaded my savefile, the change was seen in the civics screen but there was no change in the actual city maintenance even after several turns. Is there a way to actually change the city maintenance?

9. Sinaherib

Sinaherib Chieftain

Hello! What can I say, RI is one of the best versions of Civ I have seen so far.

I have one question: I want to create a custom map of my own, and I'd like to add several minor civs (Babylon, Brazil etc) there - what do I need to edit to give them the ability to build settlers from the very beginning?

Also, is it possible to make tribal civs (such as Sioux etc) playable for custom map (including building settlers)?

Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  10. Marrci

Marrci Chieftain

What is the point of the fully grown Transoxanian unique improvement? It doesnt give anything compared to the tier 2 version.
    Also i keep getting a message in the main menu about "wrong device, voice capture disabled". how on earth can i get rid of this?

11. Colon

Colon King

What are the conditions for gifting a city? I had the idea to settle a city and then gift it to my vassal, but I don't even get a city list in the diplomacy negotiation screen. The newly settled city is on the same continent as the vassal, but on an island. I do get city lists when I open the negotiations menu with other civs.

[edit]I gifted the settler to my vassal instead and it settled a city on the exact spot I had in mind. :D

You probably need to look in your .ini file in the BtS folder in documents for that, and set the voice thing to zero.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  12. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Just to let everyone know, I've made a decision to have Revolutions and BarbCiv as off by default in the latest hotfix. Since they negatively impact both performance and AI progress, I thought I'd rather keep them as non-core features for people who want to experience new stuff. They can still be turned on in custom game/scenario setups, obviously.

As others correctly pointed out, that depends on the size of the water body. That's how it was in vanilla Civ 4 as well.

As you can probably guess, what you're experiencing isn't normal for other players, myself included. Unfortunately, I don't have enough information on your particular case to make an educated guess. Let's start with your system specs.

Just open it in any text editor (including notepad), search for the leader in question and replace. CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml contains all the proper XML references.

They already can. They are fully functional civs, if a bit light on unique content.

That would involve adding a ton of content to make them proper civs. Currently they are extremely limited.

It does when coupled with Transoxianan unique building. Check it out.

13. nota bene

nota bene Chieftain

Is it temporarily till AI fixed or it will always be an optional experimental features from now on?

14. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

I have no intention of doing any major work on RI, and 3.5 is the last major version. So from now on, I guess.

15. 2popbulb

2popbulb Chieftain

Barbs are still cheating. They spam tons of units in single turn in one city. Last night I saw forming a stack that went from single unit to 8 units after clicking next turn.

16. Sinaherib

Sinaherib Chieftain

Thank you! I edited XML file "Derivative_CIV4CivilizationInfos" and made them playable by chaning <bPlayable>0</bPlayable> and <bAIPlayable>0</bAIPlayable> from 0 to 1.
    I tested the game and they all can build settlers... except Babylon. Do you know what can be the reason?

17. Colon

Colon King

When I hover over the separatism indicator I notice there's a culture icon. Does a city's culture decrease separatism perhaps? If it does, I had been thinking of making changes in the python-file along this line: boost the overall strength of separatism, but also boost the supressing effect of a city's culture. That way core-cities (which normally have higher culture) will be less likely to revolt than peripheral cities. Unfortunately, I can't identify the proper line (assuming I'm interpreting that culture icon properly).

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  18. Bagdemagus

Bagdemagus Chieftain

Hi trying to download this but strangely my computer which allows everything generally is not allowing me to basically use the exe or set uo? Any ideas?
    Any help is appreciated it looks an excellent mod.

19. 2popbulb

2popbulb Chieftain

Last night I upgraded bunch of dreadnoughts to battleships and heavy artillery units to howitzers for 0 gold. Is it because of Progressive trait + Mass production doctrine combo or it is a bug?

20. Jaded1

Jaded1 Chieftain

Something is wrong with the R.I. Earth maps and R.I. Deluge and R.I Crusade maps in Hot Fix 5. They show up in the Private Maps Folder. But not on the scenario list in game.