Realism Invictus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Walter Hawkwood, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hafenguy

Hafenguy Chieftain

Haa Yeah ok, that is a reason to build it thanks :)

2. Zap0

Zap0 Chieftain

It's possible that the three kingdoms have conquered the city from the mongols and liberated it to the americans. If you conquer a city that has high culture from a third party civ you get an extra option to liberate it (transfer it back to it's original owner) on top of the usual keep/burn/examine. It's possible the AI might have done this. As for you seeing the mongols not at war with anyone, could it just be that you haven't met the civ yet?

3. Hafenguy

Hafenguy Chieftain

Sorry maybe i didnt describe the Situation well.
    I have met the Mongols and they are at war with america.
    Which civ is "Three kingdoms"?

4. Zap0

Zap0 Chieftain

5. Hafenguy

Hafenguy Chieftain

I checked it again and it Was america themselfe who conquered boston back.

The war between Mongols and america last now nearby 400 years but nothing really happens.
    The Mongols stand around in americas country but it didnt seem they have the Intention to attack anything.
    Furthermore: As i checked mongolish boston i saw that it Was completely empty so nö big Deal for the americans to conquer it back. OS that normal or Part of a strategy from the mongols?

6. eXalted

eXalted Chieftain

I have a little suggestion. An alert that warns you when a city is in danger of revolution. I have added the following code in Civ4lerts.py (and some additional lines not included here) for personal use but wonder if it could be helpful for everyone:

Code:
    class CityRevolution(AbstractCityAlert):
        """
        Displays an event when a city has a dangerous Separatism value.

Test: True if the city is in danger..
        """

def __init__(self, eventManager):
            AbstractCityAlert.__init__(self, eventManager)

def checkCity(self, cityId, city, iPlayer, player):
            pRevPlayer = gc.getPlayer(city.getOwner())
            iGlobalModifer = pRevPlayer.getRevModifier()
            cityRevolution = Revolutions.Revolutions().countRevolution(
                city, city.getOwner(), iGlobalModifer)

if (cityRevolution > 0 and cityRevolution <= 10):
                message = u" %c" % (CyGame().getSymbolID(FontSymbols.SEPARATISM_YELLOW_CHAR)) + \
                    ' ' + \
                    localText.getText(
                        "TXT_KEY_CIV4LERTS_ON_CITY_UNREST", (city.getName(), ))
                addMessageAtCity(iPlayer, message, None, city)
            elif (cityRevolution > 10):
                message = u" %c" % (CyGame().getSymbolID(FontSymbols.SEPARATISM_NEG_CHAR)) + ' ' + \
                    localText.getText(
                        "TXT_KEY_CIV4LERTS_ON_CITY_REVOLUTION", (city.getName(), ))
                addMessageAtCity(iPlayer, message, None, city)

7. haroon

haroon Deity

It's been a long time since the last time I play this mod, reading through the manual, it seems that the penalty from Islamic temple (-10% commerce, iirc) is removed? if yes, then it's good, because I always thought the "balance" to be crippling, tbh I always edit or re-adjust it by myself whenever I download the new version.

8. sazhdapec

sazhdapec Warlord

No, it's there.

haroon likes this.
  9. aantia

aantia Chieftain

Wait, what? I thought that was plus 10%. I guess Islam isn't as good as I thought it was...

haroon likes this.
  10. Zap0

Zap0 Chieftain

Yeah, it still has a -10% gold effect. Islam is still arguably the best late-game religion because dat +1 free trade route which you get from communities without that gold reduction. And since it's also the last religion to found, I rarely find myself building it's temples.

11. Snowygerry

Snowygerry Prince

It's worth it even for the 5 free horsemen you get when founding Islam, they can be a game changer,

in my current game I built the Islamic shrine some 1400 years later, just to commemorate them :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  12. Hellowas

Hellowas Chieftain

I like this mod a lot! I've played lot of vanilla civ4 and this really fleshes it out.
    I did get some graphics bugs sometimes, sometimes not. Haven't figured out yet what might be causing it.

Snowygerry likes this.
  13. RED.RED

RED.RED Chieftain

The trade routes and other benefits far out weight the -10% gold. Islam is one of the stronger religions you could choose.

14. Hafenguy

Hafenguy Chieftain

In my current game the AI has some problem to avoid separatism. It is on normal totestra map and there are 9 civs with 1-2 cities.
    3 civs with 5 cities and me with 8 citiea.

Is this amount of separatism normal?

15. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

Hi all, long time no hear. The main reason is that I feel pretty burnt out after 3.55 release and the black tile bug that I can do nothing to fix. I haven't really touched the game in any major way meanwhile, and I doubt I will in near future. Taking a break I guess, or finally letting it go - time will tell. Other than the graphics thingie that I can't do anything about 3.55 doesn't need any major fixes, so it is unlikely I'll release anything in at least a couple of months. This isn't a goodbye per se, but thanks y'all, you've been great at facilitating RI getting to where it is now!

1. Eh, maybe. I'm not sure national wonders deserve such a treatment, especially since technically stuff like ministries is national "wonders" too.

2. I usually play RI with music off, so I wouldn't be able to tell. Everything that happened to music happened long ago and without my involvement. I'm unlikely to do anything about it at this stage (I think the answer to 2a is that vanilla Civ4 pre-expansions didn't have any ancient era music, and the mod is just that old).

Sorry, it's probably the only major aspect of the mod that can't be easily toggled on/off. It's integrated too far into everything including AI calculations. I guess giving some basic building like Granary a ridiculous amount of epidemic reduction would virtually eliminate them from your game, if you're willing to fiddle with XML, or giving every leader trait a huge iGlobalEpidemicModifier...

Answered by others above. Generally yeah, it's more or less on par with settling.

I will consider it if/when I return to RI.

Nope. AI can't deal with separatism well enough. Hence it's off by default.

f1rpo, Zap0, Colon and 2 others like this.
  16. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

Dear Walter,
    thank you for keeping the the mod and the civ4 modding community alive.
    take care, i hope youll be back at some point .

17. Hafenguy

Hafenguy Chieftain

Hey Walter, thank you So much for all the efforts you put in that project. In especially impressed of how Quick you are answering all the questions in this thread.
    Outstanding!
    Take your rest, enjoy the summer plus a few months and then let the time tell how and whether it will go on.
    Thanks for your time.

PS: maybe it will give you an increase of Joy playing RI without the pressure of modding it.

18. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

Has anybody learnt anything knew re: the black tile bug? After several games of everything running perfectly, it just returned for me when I booted up my computer and loaded a save (that was working fine just last night).

EDIT: After restarting the game about 10 times, this time it looks fine.

EDIT EDIT: Aaaaaaand it's back to being broken.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  19. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

ill try to take a look in this black thing.

Colon and fdrpi like this.
  20. Gandhi II

Gandhi II Chieftain

Hi everybody. I've been having this problem and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Whenever i try to play Realism Invictus in hotseat, the User Interface won't load. I've tried it in 3.5 and 3.55, but it doesn't work in either. I enabled logging, and i will upload the error log, but it mainly just contains a ton of

"Failed to load python module CvEventInterface.
    ERR: Call function onEvent failed. Can't find module CvEventInterface"

over and over again. I'm not sure how to fix this, but I would love to start playing the mod, and this has gotten in the way so far.

P.S. Singleplayer works fine. Go figure.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021