Realism Invictus

There seems to be a problem with the time scaling in this mod.

Playing on speed 1.5 I nearly won a Space Race victory by 1400 AD.

I probably have to add this one to FAQ.

The shown year doesn't matter, as it has no real gameplay effect. As for the pace of the game, each individual game may vary greatly, due to a lot of different factors, from greatly outpacing the date shown to roughly corresponding to it. We tried to make sure no game progressed slower than the actual date, though, as researching steam power by the end of the game in 2100 is no fun.

And what about that Earth maps? :D Is there a way to make some about 120x100 earth map and no 250x200 ? Because that Huge and Large maps are kinda unplayable :)

playing this mod I've just realized the great potencial it has in the area of Beyond the Sword's random events. Any thoughts on expanding the events to include many historical scenerios like more specific religious events, government events etc? I don't really care if its planned for a patch realised a year or two from now I'm just wondering if its been on the minds of the team at all.

And what about that Earth maps? :D Is there a way to make some about 120x100 earth map and no 250x200 ? Because that Huge and Large maps are kinda unplayable :)

Well, those are not in our immediate plans, because they turn Civ 4 into Risk. There is no way we could fit all the civs we wanted on one, and even then they'd be able to only have 1-2 cities.

playing this mod I've just realized the great potencial it has in the area of Beyond the Sword's random events. Any thoughts on expanding the events to include many historical scenerios like more specific religious events, government events etc? I don't really care if its planned for a patch realised a year or two from now I'm just wondering if its been on the minds of the team at all.

Yeah, we are kinda thinking about it. Speaking for myself, the main drawback I see is that events tend to have substantial parts in Python, which I don't know, so I can't do that on my own.

There seems to be a problem with the time scaling in this mod.

Playing on speed 1.5 I nearly won a Space Race victory by 1400 AD.

I experienced something similar. While in my 3.01 games the shown date corresponded more or less with the tech development the pace now (3.1.) seems to be faster. Im in 450 and in the height of the Middle Ages (playing huge map and on emperor). But I think thats okay. BTW the AI seems to act more planfully now, I have three formidable enemies of whom one pursues his goal of world domination really good.

I experienced something similar. While in my 3.01 games the shown date corresponded more or less with the tech development the pace now (3.1.) seems to be faster. Im in 450 and in the height of the Middle Ages (playing huge map and on emperor). But I think thats okay. BTW the AI seems to act more planfully now, I have three formidable enemies of whom one pursues his goal of world domination really good.

I agree. On my side, I think that the problem is linked with the Middle age techs. I have to be sure before changing something there. My opinion is to make the middle techs, which are very few in number, more costly. There are various ways to do this.

But before, beeing sure that we need to update something. More tests are needed.

Been thinking about the Trading company wonder....
Wouldn't it be more fitting to be a National wonder, but in order to be built it should require a number of cities on a different landmass? After all the British, French, Dutch, Portuguese had their own East India Companies, the Germans had a East Africa company and so on.

I agree. On my side, I think that the problem is linked with the Middle age techs. I have to be sure before changing something there. My opinion is to make the middle techs, which are very few in number, more costly. There are various ways to do this.

But before, beeing sure that we need to update something. More tests are needed.

Yes I agree with this. And I believe that the technologies are still "cheap" after middle age.

Been thinking about the Trading company wonder....
Wouldn't it be more fitting to be a National wonder, but in order to be built it should require a number of cities on a different landmass? After all the British, French, Dutch, Portuguese had their own East India Companies, the Germans had a East Africa company and so on.

Yes, you may be right - but it will require a new XML tag to implement.

Why does Bohemond use Mongolia's diplomusic? Wouldn't Charlemagne's be more appropriate, since that's what Bohemond uses in SoI? And why Greece's music for Komnenus and not Justinian's? Also, the Kingdom of Cilicia starts with a Medieval Swordsman, but Cilicia can't build Medieval Swordsmen, they train Cilician Swordsmen.

Just give 'em your diplomusic pack, Dumanios...

Territory selling needs to be added... As of right now (and in standard BtS as well) cities can only be given, or "liberated", as a gift, not for money. The historical examples of exchanging territories for money are plenty, is there any reason not to add it in RI?

Why does Bohemond use Mongolia's diplomusic? Wouldn't Charlemagne's be more appropriate, since that's what Bohemond uses in SoI? And why Greece's music for Komnenus and not Justinian's? Also, the Kingdom of Cilicia starts with a Medieval Swordsman, but Cilicia can't build Medieval Swordsmen, they train Cilician Swordsmen.

As far as music is concerned, I can frankly say it can be pretty random. I myself play with music off, and I think most other team members as well. So yeah, donations/suggestions are welcome. :D

Edit: and Cilicia is de-facto a Crusader state; all Crusader states start with some units they are unable to build - these are the recently arrived crusaders.

Territory selling needs to be added... As of right now (and in standard BtS as well) cities can only be given, or "liberated", as a gift, not for money. The historical examples of exchanging territories for money are plenty, is there any reason not to add it in RI?

Wait, isn't one currently able to trade cities for gold and tech?

I can't remember where I was reading it specifically, but someone mentioned that having another city is almost always worth more in the long run than what ever could be offered for it, within reason. Then again that obviously depends on the mod and what upkeep is associated with the city in question.
They also pointed out that calculating the worth of a city would be really hard, especially for the AI.

I have to say though that I would love this feature if it someone could make it work :)

Wait, isn't one currently able to trade cities for gold and tech?

Not working in my games. Except for peace talks when the other civ desperatly wants peace and is willing to give up a city in return. Also, tech trading has been disabled.

As far as music is concerned, I can frankly say it can be pretty random. I myself play with music off, and I think most other team members as well. So yeah, donations/suggestions are welcome. :D

I could e-mail you a couple of the music files I've changed in my game if you want.

Top Bottom