Realism Invictus

Wait, isn't one currently able to trade cities for gold and tech?

Nope, and it's not just me that says so.

Not working in my games. Except for peace talks when the other civ desperatly wants peace and is willing to give up a city in return. Also, tech trading has been disabled.

I can't remember where I was reading it specifically, but someone mentioned that having another city is almost always worth more in the long run than what ever could be offered for it, within reason. Then again that obviously depends on the mod and what upkeep is associated with the city in question.
They also pointed out that calculating the worth of a city would be really hard, especially for the AI.

I have to say though that I would love this feature if it someone could make it work :)

Eh not like I was planning to sell a city I already built, I'm just getting sick of looking at the barbarians. Some of them are far away, and it's not even reasonable for me to keep their cities. After I take them, I'd like to sell them to a nearby neighbor for however much gold he/she can offer, rather than razing it for less.

Hi, I have a few questions about the mod:

1) naval mines
- they werent removed in 3.1 as it was proposed. I am ok with it. But, they are atacking only when the enemy is seeing them and so they are a little bit anoying.

I have some proposals - the easiest way is to make them visible for all...they will attack all the time
- another improvement is, make mines like tile improvement by some specialized ship, but I am not sure, if it is posible to damage unit by tile improvement
- third idea, the mines stay as the unit itself (visible by all), but with 0 movement points... they could be only loaded into some ship... i think this can't be very difficult to program and it would be much more realistic then now

2) New artilery
- I really like this "like civ3" artilery, but I would like to see a few more things from civ3
- would be possible to create craters on tile by arty fire, airstrike etc? This was realy great in civ3
- I really miss the possibility of destroying the roads and rails by anything except the units...when you deploy 3 nukes to one tile, it is at least strange to have there untouched electric railways

3) Nuclear weapons
- Would it be possible to make nukes change the plot type? From grassland to desert for example? Now they are too "ok to use without plannig", or even destroy the agriculture resources like cows, corn... or make polution by radioactivity harming to units etc...

I have moded some games for my own use already, so I was thinking, that for example the Naval mines stuff I could do for me by myself, the destroyable roads too (I expect, it would be only some from 0 to 1 changing in code). Can you tell me please, where are coded the units definitions (if they are reachable), if you dont like my proposals?

Thanks, and keep up the good work, this mod is really good one piece of work.

Hi, I have a few questions about the mod:

1) naval mines
- they werent removed in 3.1 as it was proposed. I am ok with it. But, they are atacking only when the enemy is seeing them and so they are a little bit anoying.

I have some proposals - the easiest way is to make them visible for all...they will attack all the time
- another improvement is, make mines like tile improvement by some specialized ship, but I am not sure, if it is posible to damage unit by tile improvement
- third idea, the mines stay as the unit itself (visible by all), but with 0 movement points... they could be only loaded into some ship... i think this can't be very difficult to program and it would be much more realistic then now

:confused: They were removed. No civ is able to build them.

2) New artilery
- I really like this "like civ3" artilery, but I would like to see a few more things from civ3
- would be possible to create craters on tile by arty fire, airstrike etc? This was realy great in civ3
- I really miss the possibility of destroying the roads and rails by anything except the units...when you deploy 3 nukes to one tile, it is at least strange to have there untouched electric railways

You are probably right on the routes thing. We will likely try to implement something like that.

3) Nuclear weapons
- Would it be possible to make nukes change the plot type? From grassland to desert for example? Now they are too "ok to use without plannig", or even destroy the agriculture resources like cows, corn... or make polution by radioactivity harming to units etc...

Well, one would need a lot of nukes to achieve that effect IRL. The monitoring on nuclear test sites and in Chernobyl shows that natural environment recovers surprisingly fast there, quicker than most experts predicted.

I have moded some games for my own use already, so I was thinking, that for example the Naval mines stuff I could do for me by myself, the destroyable roads too (I expect, it would be only some from 0 to 1 changing in code). Can you tell me please, where are coded the units definitions (if they are reachable), if you dont like my proposals?

Thanks, and keep up the good work, this mod is really good one piece of work.

I don't think it's that easy, at least with routes. It would require coding in a new mission, and that, in turn, likely won't sit well with AI as well.

:confused: They were removed. No civ is able to build them.

Ah, it may be true, I have tried to add naval mines in world builder only. And the third idea about the visible, drawn mines doesn't look good to you? I like the naval mines :)

Well, one would need a lot of nukes to achieve that effect IRL. The monitoring on nuclear test sites and in Chernobyl shows that natural environment recovers surprisingly fast there, quicker than most experts predicted.

Ok, thats true, but the destroying of infrastructure would be nice. And the radioactivity harming units would be ok too, but I dont know myself, how to do it... :)

A bug? The doctrine engineering corps is shown as available in the tech info screen yet I can't select it with a great general.

Do you guys think of tweaking the random events and quests of the game? I understand that you just use the original BtS ones, but quite frankly they are somewhat crap. The Blessed Sea-ok did anybody actually completed that one?, the Holy mountain, Greed and whatever. I think that proper events and quests ideas for a historical mod like RI can be found in Paradox games, like EU3 and Victoria 2.

A bug? The doctrine engineering corps is shown as available in the tech info screen yet I can't select it with a great general.

Nope, in 3.1 it just makes no sense for siege units any longer. It will likely be replaced by another doctrine for a different type of units.

Do you guys think of tweaking the random events and quests of the game? I understand that you just use the original BtS ones, but quite frankly they are somewhat crap. The Blessed Sea-ok did anybody actually completed that one?, the Holy mountain, Greed and whatever. I think that proper events and quests ideas for a historical mod like RI can be found in Paradox games, like EU3 and Victoria 2.

See above on events and quests. Good in theory, but I, for once, don't know python to work with those.

One question. I did plan to build Helepolis, and therefore rushed towards math and the "colossus tech" which I can't remember. I had acccess to bronze and even to "fine wood", once i finished the tech, I realized that I couldn't see it in the possible list of units i can build (not even grayed). I therefore thought that some else did build it without me noticing it (although I was checking the messages). I went and read the Events log and found nothing about Helepolis. I may had missed the specific line that mentioned it, i read twice though. It was not in the list of the Great Wonders finished or the be finished. Is that a bug (I don't think it is)? Is it because it was built by a Civ I did not meet yet? Does it have another name for other Civs (like the Great Bombard who has a spanish name for the Spanish)? Is it possible to have it added in the GW list?
Cheers

One question. I did plan to build Helepolis, and therefore rushed towards math and the "colossus tech" which I can't remember. I had acccess to bronze and even to "fine wood", once i finished the tech, I realized that I couldn't see it in the possible list of units i can build (not even grayed). I therefore thought that some else did build it without me noticing it (although I was checking the messages). I went and read the Events log and found nothing about Helepolis. I may had missed the specific line that mentioned it, i read twice though. It was not in the list of the Great Wonders finished or the be finished. Is that a bug (I don't think it is)? Is it because it was built by a Civ I did not meet yet? Does it have another name for other Civs (like the Great Bombard who has a spanish name for the Spanish)? Is it possible to have it added in the GW list?
Cheers

Units aren't displayed in the GW list. I don't think adding those there would be easy either. It is called the same for all civs. I think it was built by someone you haven't met yet.

Nope, in 3.1 it just makes no sense for siege units any longer. It will likely be replaced by another doctrine for a different type of units.

I understand it is not buildable any longer but shouldn't it then be completely taken out (i.e. Civilopedia, WW list etc.)?

It might have been mentioned before, but i would like to see surgical bombing missions for advanced aircraft. Ofc, depending on the type of building and the airplane it might be easier or harder to bring it down. Are u considering this?

It might have been mentioned before, but i would like to see surgical bombing missions for advanced aircraft. Ofc, depending on the type of building and the airplane it might be easier or harder to bring it down. Are u considering this?

Might be. We will likely add more different bombing missions in future.

Since neither the Hindi, nor Dravidian or Persian Civ feature the important Indian Muslim rulers Akbar, Shah Jahan or Aurangzeb, or Qutbuddin Aybak from Sultanate of Delhi I wondered: Do you consider adding the Afghans as a civilization distinct from Persia, Turks and Indians some time in the future? Different actual empires could be subsumized under it: from the times of Baktrian and Sogdian kingdoms, to Ghaznawids and Ghorids, the Indian Muslim empires, Durrani empire, until today. Just an idea.

Since neither the Hindi, nor Dravidian or Persian Civ feature the important Indian Muslim rulers Akbar, Shah Jahan or Aurangzeb, or Qutbuddin Aybak from Sultanate of Delhi I wondered: Do you consider adding the Afghans as a civilization distinct from Persia, Turks and Indians some time in the future? Different actual empires could be subsumized under it: from the times of Baktrian and Sogdian kingdoms, to Ghaznawids and Ghorids, the Indian Muslim empires, Durrani empire, until today. Just an idea.

Well, with all due respect, this wouldn't be an even somewhat coherent civilization, but rather a succession of conquerors unrelated to each other, linked by heritage to other civilizations already in game.

I finally posted on your forum in the thread about my ideas! I await your responses!

Top Bottom